Author  Message 
zardos
C u in my sleep
Somniologist

The BIG WBTB Topic - Part II
PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun, 2004  Reply with quote

<mod>Part 1 of the BIG WBTB Topic is in the archive and can be found here</mod>

a summary of part I can be found here ^^

Hio why do i haw to sleep 5 or 6 houres befor i go up?

Rarosu
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun, 2004  Reply with quote

alex wrote:
When you hop in bed or if you've been in bed for a while you can either repeat "i will get up at ___ (a time like 6am)" and your body will do it for you. I'm not sure if its necessary, but to help out your body you can look at the time before you say this. This has worked every time except once for me and that was when i chose a time that was too early. It usually wakes you up within half an hour of the time and gets better with practice.

Yeah, this works really good for me. By the way, I find it easier when I have set the clock to wake me at a specific time. I use to wake up just a minute or a couple of seconds before the alarm rings. Kinda weird feeling eek2

#Six
Reality Checker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

Haven't been to the ld4all in many months. I "moved on" to the seaLife forums. I am on a dream team there. It's really nice.

Well, I just wanted to step in and share.

Two mornings in a row, I did the WBTB method and had great lucid dreams.

For now on, I don't see why I shouldn't always set my alarm clock to go off at 4 and half hours after I fall asleep.

After 4 & half hours of sleep(body still sleepy/mind relaxed,alert)
I get up and stare closely at a small object and say,"1, I'm dreaming, 2, I'm dreaming..."
All the way to, "60, I'm dreaming"
Then I lay down and visualize the object and
"1, I'm dreaming, 2, I'm dreaming..."

Then I find myself in a dream! This has easily worked twice in a row. Yes! I should do this all the time.
Thought I'd let you all know wink
#Six

Jeff

:D Hi #six nice to hear from you!

You are doing well it seems with wbtb and lucid dreaming and with sealife team wink5
yes your timing is good because of the 90 min in the sleep cycle every time.
And u had then already your share of deep sleep smile

Ok good to hear your progress!

Jeff

Repleh
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Hmm, I'm gonna have to try that "1, I'm dreaming, 2, I'm dreaming, etc." technique.

core
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

Maybe you find it useful. I do

In his book "The Three Pillars of Zen", Zen Master Phillip Kapleau described the way how to become fully awaked in just a few seconds.
It is so easy that I wonder how couldnt I find it myself.

It bases on direct contact of eye-ball with cold water (just few seconds).
(Of course eyes shoud stay opened in the water)
Just rinsing eyes with water is nothing, eyes must be fully immersed .
It works really good! when I am really unconscious in the morning, the feeling of instant rouse is... veeeery strange smile

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

Re: The BIG WBTB Topic - Part 2
PostPosted: Fri 23 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

zardos wrote:
Hio why do i haw to sleep 5 or 6 houres befor i go up?

Because then you are somewhat rested and not too rested to be able to fall back to sleep. If you can go to sleep after sleeping for 10 hours then you can do WBTB then, but I don't think there's that many people that can do that.

And it's best to wake up during a REM-period because then you're almost awake already. But it's hard to do that unless you can train yourself to wake up without an alarm.

mystic
Dream Templar
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

core wrote:
In his book "The Three Pillars of Zen", Zen Master Phillip Kapleau described the way how to become fully awaked in just a few seconds.
It is so easy that I wonder how couldnt I find it myself.

It bases on direct contact of eye-ball with cold water (just few seconds).
(Of course eyes shoud stay opened in the water)
Just rinsing eyes with water is nothing, eyes must be fully immersed .
It works really good! when I am really unconscious in the morning, the feeling of instant rouse is... veeeery strange smile

This is kinda like when you practice the Suneye technique. Suneye combines WBTB with concentration and visualization on the third eye. But you have to be FULLY awake for an hour or so. To establish that you must wash your face every ten minutes with ice cold water.
Yep works excellent. Gives a nice chilling shock smile

evilshiznat
Nighttripper
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

Does anybody have any tips for getting to sleep? I had my alarm set for 4:20, but I couldn't get to sleep by 10:20. Then, I changed the alarm to 4:50, but I still wasn't asleep. It's probably because the last time I tried this, I had an awesome lucid dream. Maybe I'm just excited?

Anyway, how do you guys get to sleep?

Gilgamesh

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

I have a question: is there such a thing as a WBTB that lasts too long? For example, if I sleep for 4 hours and then stay awake for 2 hours, would that mess up my sleep cycles?

Atheist
Hopelessly devoted
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

evilshiznat wrote:

It's hard to provide solid advice, but here's a tip: Don't move. Find a comfortable position, and just don't move. That always helps me when I'm having one of those frustrating nights and simply can't get to sleep. Also, I often find it difficult to doze off when I have something on my mind, like anticipation of an upcoming event, or reflection over a conversation I'd just had. Try to prevent your mind from forming words or sentences by concentrating on a picture or scene. Failing that, sometimes I find listening to a good self-hypnosis recording just before bed can make me quite drowsy. I have one by Dick Sutton that's guaranteed to do the job.

Gilgamesh wrote:
I have a question: is there such a thing as a WBTB that lasts too long? For example, if I sleep for 4 hours and then stay awake for 2 hours, would that mess up my sleep cycles?

If you stay awake too long, I guess you might find it harder to get to sleep. Particularly if the sun is already up by the time you go back to bed. Also, after two hours you might have trouble reiterating over the dreams you had earlier, so your MILD practice might not be as effective as if you'd only stayed away 30 to 60 minutes. Finally, a great way to spend the time during WBTB is reading about lucid dreaming, since it primes you for an on-topic dream upon returning to sleep - and in two hours you'd probably be distracted by a number of other topics at the same time. Just my thoughts, anyway.

Freecube
Theistic Apologist
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

WBTB did it for me last night. I just want to re-state how much it helps smile

OrangeStar

PostPosted: Fri 13 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

evilshiznat wrote:
Does anybody have any tips for getting to sleep? I had my alarm set for 4:20, but I couldn't get to sleep by 10:20. Then, I changed the alarm to 4:50, but I still wasn't asleep. It's probably because the last time I tried this, I had an awesome lucid dream. Maybe I'm just excited?

I use a self hypnosis tape by Stephen LaBerge that does the job everytime. Getting a tape/CD like this from your library should be pretty easy. It relaxes you beyond belief smile

Lucid83

WBTB Method Tutorial
PostPosted: Tue 17 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

Gameover
a vein of stars...
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 19 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

Excellent tutorial! I especailly liked the part written by that "Gameover" fello on Dreamviews smile

It serisouly is a good tutorial though

print