Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Uberman Sleep Schedule - You only need two hours of sleep

Author  Message 
sno_isulli
Lovestruck
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2007  Reply with quote

This seems like a very intense program and is hard for a lot of people to adapt to given their schedules. I would suggest to tread with caution. kT4all, if you're worried about trying it and it doesn't seem right for you, listen to that. If you were to seriously consider doing it, I think it'd be best for when you have a lot of free time, such as a break from school. smile

kTFox has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2007  Reply with quote

Ok I was thinking of doing this for a long-term project for a biology project but I changed my mind.

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

approaching 24 hours with no sleep

drinking tons of fruit juice,

pushing through with this thing, working it out, seeing how I can do. really curious.

Babyaurora
I had my fourth LD!
Novice dreamer
LD count: Four!!(Cheer)

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Ill help out with this experiment. I'm a teenager (no work yay) Am on summer break, and don't really do anything during the day anyways so...yeah. Pm me if i can try to do this experiment with you and whoever else wants to.

Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I gave up at the end of day 1,

the 20 minute naps produced deep relaxation and meditation, but i was just far too fatigued

if i try again what I will do is I will simply spend a day as normal, and at night stay up until I am very tired, about to fall asleep, then sit in meditation for 20 minutes, letting my mind and body go into the deep trance, then timer will wake me up, and I won't meditate again until 4 hours later, then, will meditate every 4 hours, if I try this again.

since what I want is ultimately radical lucidity beyond what I currently know, I think the best bet is to simply to sleep for a few hours in one position on the back (which for me, I will wake up before I ever have REM), then spend most of the night meditating in and out of trances.

basically, meditate about the time REM cycles begin, sitting up.

Magnus
Do a RC, Now!
LD4all addict
Wolfgame
LD count: 48

Babyaurora wrote:
Ill help out with this experiment. I'm a teenager (no work yay) Am on summer break, and don't really do anything during the day anyways so...yeah. Pm me if i can try to do this experiment with you and whoever else wants to.

I see you are 13 in your profile, and what I know, this technique is not recommended to people that hadn't finished growing yet, since you need the sleep for the body to grwo and so. Sorry to disappoint you but I think it's safer, to wait until your body has finished growing(someone might have mentioned that earlier in this topic too)

Current LD goal(s): Play chess on the moon :), transform into a guinea pig

Yes it would be very important to wait until mid 20s to do this sort of thing!

No way should a 13 year old decrease sleeping.

WBTB then is a good enough way, to expand REM.

Babyaurora
I had my fourth LD!
Novice dreamer
LD count: Four!!(Cheer)

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I tend to get less sleep a day then this experiment leaves you with anyways. I do not understand why but I cannot sleep for very long at all until approximately four AM and cannot stay asleep past eight AM at the most. I can take naps, but too many naps leaves me more miserable each time I wake and increases my chance of nightmares. (When i wake after 8 or more 10min naps, I will be groggy, dizzy, and grumpy) I've tried everything possible. I've covered my window with a black blanket to ensure the room to be dark, I've tried without a blanket on the window, I've tried with the light on, with only a hallway light on, the door open, door closed, closet open, closet closed, radio on, radio off, TV on, TV off, with blankets covering me, without blankets, with a fan, without a fan, tried changing my room around and moving my bed position, tried with a sleeping mask, without one, with a window open, with windows closed, I've tried sleeping in the basement, living room, and my own room, even tried sleeping on the floor, I've tried sleeping pills, niocitrin and all those sleeping aids and nothing works.
In all honesty, I sleep at maybe 5am, until 7am each day and have for years. With the exceptions of days when I fall asleep watching movies until my dog wakes me up like an hour later.
I continue to receive straight A's in school (Not in History though sadblauw ) and am a healthy 106 pounds or so (Haven't weighed for about a month.)
But i appreciate your concern and understand completely. Thanks for taking the time to reply both of you.

(PS. I'm not trying to get you to reconsider, but am more in a way asking if I'm missing something that I could try and am looking for advise. Just in case you get the message wrong.)

I apologize for the long post.

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

hmmm well sounds like it works for you then. if you feel its enough.

Bones
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Bones has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Time to bump this thread up again.
I starting a polyphasic sleep cycle.
Right now I have been awake for 36.5 hours (minus 20 minutes where I fell asleep).
I am going to be taking 30 minute naps, so I can cut out one of the naps.
I am either going to start sleeping at 02:30 or at 06:15.

This is my schedule:
06:15-06:45
11:30-12:00
15:00-15:30
18:30-19:00
02:30-03:00

Any suggestions?

TimeLess
Timeless Dreamer
cookie lover
TimeLess has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

good luck, check out brainwave entertainment, it helps with tasks such as this use trigger effects to help put yourself inside the dream enviroment as well.

Good on you for having the time! I wish I could do the same sadblauw

Current LD goal(s): regain my nightly and focus on astral
soulconsole
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 15

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

i do not know if it is possible to be well rested and ready to take on life unless you are well rested. So, i will always recommend 6 to 8 hours of sleep. smile i mean taking one nap is okay, but many naps in the middle of the day just doesnt help. You miss out on life dude! siiw

werefrog
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 7 LD's!

PostPosted: Wed 10 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

I'm seriously considering trying this out. Not this particular experiment, with Arthur, since it seems to have kind of petered out, but just on my own. I have about two weeks before school starts up again, which should just barely be enough time to implement the schedule. I often stay up till like four in the morning, and then get up at eleven, or stay up till eight and get up at ten, so my sleep schedule is erratic and sleep-deprived in any case. I've always regretted not having enough time to do things (hence the night-owl activities), and if this actually works it would suit me perfectly. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get started? E.g., stay up twenty-four hours and then start with your first twenty-minute nap, or get a regular night's sleep and then take your first nap four hours after you get up, etc.

PostPosted: Fri 12 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

stay up for 24 hours via green tea or something not terribly hyper-active, so that when it wears off, 24 -40 hours later, and you are super tired,
you begin the nap schedule as soon as you feel like you're gonna pass out

its very hard and disorienting! very!

btw its not worth it , lol,

werefrog
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 7 LD's!

PostPosted: Fri 12 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
btw its not worth it , lol,

lol, it's probably not, but I'm bored; plus, if it does work, it would suit me exactly.

print