EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

FLYING, THE SUPERMAN WAY!!

Author  Message 
joe416

FLYING, THE SUPERMAN WAY!!
PostPosted: Tue 14 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

I am new to this forum. However I have been LDing for a few years. To me, the ultimate experience in any LD is flying. Nothing else on earth real or unreal comes close. I once had a dream (not LD) in which I was somehow up in the sky. I had no control, but it was wonderful. So, after I read up, I learned to LD. It is in fact, as has been told, possible to fly in any dream. Here is how I do it. If I dream and pay enough attention to know that its a dream, I usually want to try flying. Even knowing that it is a dream, it is sometime hard to take that leap of faith. I take a couple steps forward, then leap forward, arms outstretched, just like superman! If you suddenly have doubt that you will fly, you wont. Try again if it fails. It truly is a leap of faith. Then as you leap forward, bring your legs out behind. Its more like you will yourself to fly.
At first it is usually a little scary because you are so low to the ground. If you get too low, just use a little swimming fashion movement to soar higher. To me, once you get up a little speed, its pretty easy to go wherever you would like to. Thats how I fly!

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

hello joe416 bye
I have flown in LDs ... but when I tried to improve my flying technique by "flying the superman way" I couldn't get off the ground and lost a little lucidity sadblauw This happened in November

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
catapleo
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

the best way i think, because not LD but still fly withy ease! try the triple mario jump (if you played mario 64) start running and jump once, then right when you land do a second but higher jump, and then on the third jump you should be flying, if not just keep trying to jump higher and higher...

I just had a dream wehre i jumped out of a plane with a parachute, but when i pulled the cord instead of a parachute, wings came 8D It was really cool..not lucid though sadblauw

Rudoka

Re: FLYING, THE SUPERMAN WAY!!
PostPosted: Wed 15 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

joe416 wrote:
I am new to this forum. However I have been LDing for a few years. To me, the ultimate experience in any LD is flying. Nothing else on earth real or unreal comes close. I once had a dream (not LD) in which I was somehow up in the sky. I had no control, but it was wonderful. So, after I read up, I learned to LD. It is in fact, as has been told, possible to fly in any dream. Here is how I do it. If I dream and pay enough attention to know that its a dream, I usually want to try flying. Even knowing that it is a dream, it is sometime hard to take that leap of faith. I take a couple steps forward, then leap forward, arms outstretched, just like superman! If you suddenly have doubt that you will fly, you wont. Try again if it fails. It truly is a leap of faith. Then as you leap forward, bring your legs out behind. Its more like you will yourself to fly.
At first it is usually a little scary because you are so low to the ground. If you get too low, just use a little swimming fashion movement to soar higher. To me, once you get up a little speed, its pretty easy to go wherever you would like to. Thats how I fly!

Joe, interesting things you're saying here. It's funny that someone who has LD-ing since years says this. There are more extreme stuff in dreams then flying, why don't you try it?

Just like you said, flying it's all about "willing yourself to fly". There's no need to leap, and bring the legs out behind or move the hands. Or to have parachutes or wings, as said by Paul. The trick is to fool the mind that you can do it. This is the real leap of faith. You have to believe that you can do it. I agre with oyu that if you have the smallest doubt against, you won't do it.
I rememebr that after I had some dream wher i flew, once I became lucid ina dream. I was in my flat on the third floor (that's around 30m from the ground) and I wanted to jump out form the balcony. I was in the kitchen and I headed to the balcony. Yet I wasn't sure if it's really a dream, I mean I had a second whre I thougth "and, what if I'm not dreaming?". So as I was walking in the room I tried to fly, I wanted to see if I can do it. And I started to actually float and advance so, when I reached the balcony I was already flying without any fear, and I just jumped down, diving towards the ground, then in the last minute I lifted myself up. I just flew around like a hawk, extremely fats avoiding trees, buildings. It was awsome.

So now that you can fly, why don't do another step? For example, what if, when you're flying in the air ... why to don't fly in the direction of the earth ... and to see what happens.
Here you need to take another "leap of faith", which is even harder then the trepidation from flying. When I did, I remember that I hada moment of doubt and I slowed down when I was close to the ground, but I didn't stoped. I just entered in the ground. Impossible to describe the feeling, I found myself in the middle of nothing, I haven't seen anything, not even blackness (?). Then after just some seconds I felt that I'm being pushed out, literally. I was above the ground, where I was before. Then I layed back, and I wanted to melt into the ground. And I did.

After this you can even try to pass through anything in your dreams. Even people, why not? I did. smile

Why don't you try these things, and tell me how it was. I'm extremely curious since I haven't met no one doing these things yet.

But talking about flying, and how to do it. Maybe you want to how it happened to me. In my case, it was the result of running. I rememebr that many times I had to run in my dreams (don't remember the reasons, I wasn't lucid then). And everytime I ran I wanted to make longer and longer steps, until the point where I was jumping like 20-30 meters. But I was actually doing steps, it was like I lifted my leg forward and I was looking the ground and trying to put down as far as possible.
And eventually, I started to think (I realised) what if I don't put down my foot at the next step. I mean I was already doing an impossible thing, so why not try another. So after a while running, i just started to float low above the ground.
From this it started my adventure of flying. Now I don't need to do anything to fly, just to want. And it's even automatic for me to fly, became a way to transport myself when I'm lucid.

this is my two cents
Rudolf

Irashta

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

For me, the most effective method is the breast stroke, upwards. its slower, and starts erraticly, but you keep your lucidity

Nic
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

i love to fly in my lucid dreams. i usually just run and jump up as high as i can and flap my arms. and i start to move my body and arms and legs like i am swimming up to the top of the ocean.

print