Wbtb

Last night I woke up around half past three - and since I was already awake - I decided to stay awake to try WBTB for the first time.
I stayed up for around 30 minutes (reading and eating :wink:) and went back to bed.
Nothing happened. No LD. :[
Now, I know there’s a 50% Chance for having an LD, so maybe next time…

I guess some of you have a lot of experience with WBTB. For you I have the following question:

• After how many hours of sleep do you get up?
  • How many hours before ‘normal’ waking up is that?
  • How long do you stay awake?
  • How do you spend the time? (eg. reading about LD?)

Just curious. Maybe I could use the average numbers as a good start! :smile:

Usually I sleep 5-7h before waking up for WBTB, without alarm clock I’d sleep 9-11h/night. If I manage to get out of bed the first thing I do is write my dreams down. This can take up to one hour, after finishing I’ll go back to bed.

After 4-6 hours, I will normally wake up just after a dream period

On days where I will have to get up early, I’ll sleep 1.5 - 3 more hours, on weekends I will sleep as long as I wish to :wink:

0.5 - 1 hour

1. Washing my face (to wake up properly)
  2. Drinking orange juice
  3. Using this forum / reading other stuff about lucid dreaming
  4. When going to bed again, trying to think about lucid dreaming before falling asleep

P. S.: You could try to get used to the habit of doing a RC just after waking up from a dream, to catch FAs.

By the way, good luck with the WBTB method! It’s helped a lot for me!

Usually it’s 5 to 6 hours.

2-3 hours, 22 to sleep, 03-04 up, and wakeup little after 6

Just long enough to feel myself not sleepy anymore, it takes 5-10 minutes.
If you stay up too long, it gets harder and harder to get your body to sleep again.

First I write down my dreams I had and then I read different kind of lucid-sites and try to do so many RC’s than possible, I focus doing RC’s quite a lot.

Hypnodude asked:

• After how many hours of sleep do you get up?

I get up after 3 1/2 to 4 hours of sleep.

Hypnodude asked:

• How many hours before ‘normal’ waking up is that?

I only try to WILD, etc on the weekends so I can sleep as long as I want the following morning. :sleeping:

Hypnodude asked:

• How long do you stay awake?

I deliberately get up and move to another room so I’m awake for about 30 minutes… but I have stayed awake for about an hour if I have trouble falling back to sleep.

Hypnodude asked:

• How do you spend the time? (eg. reading about LD?)

I spend the awake time relaxing my body, clearing my mind and repeating my intentions to have a lucid dream.

I have only had one.i wokw up with no alarm cloak about 4 hours after going to bed.

I would say about 5 hours before normal on weekdays buton weekens its about 6-8 hours.

Probably about 30 min.

I woke up and went pee. Then i sat in bed starring at the wall with the T.V on and i fell asleep and had an L.D.
My first infact. :smile: