Tips for WILD needed

At about 3, I began to go to sleep. Zoom 5 hours later to 8, I tried performing a wild. It didnt work: I felt a tingling sensation all over my body, and it felt almost paralyzed…i saw little patterns and occasionally organized images inside my eyelids, and I had a massive loss of energy…But after about 5 minutes, I just couldnt do it. My mouth was dry, light was peeking through my eyelids, i felt itchy, my body seemed almost paralyzed, and I just couldn’t get past this stage.

I should note that during 3, I did have quite a bit of trouble getting to sleep. I was originally scheduled to get to sleep at 2…but it took me an hour.

So I need more techniques. I used the “1 im dreaming” counting technique and I slipped several times, but still I never got into a dreamstate. What am I doing wrong?!

Ill try to respond to it when i have litle more time than now but if you look into "big Wild topic"which has 4 parts(around 200 msgs i guess) you will propably find everything bout Wild there.
hope it helps for now:)

Sounds to me like you were very close. Do you usually go to sleep at 2am? One thing you should do is make your room entirely dark. Daylight always wakes me up, and I use it to become awake for a WILD.

My mouth also becomes dry but that’s a good thing so I don’t have to swallow. Don’t breathe through your mouth because then I can see the dryness being a problem. As for the itchiness I try and ignore it and sometimes it goes away, but that’s a common problem in WILD.

If you can’t fall asleep by counting, try other things. Counting often keeps some people awake, although many claim counting is good to fall asleep. I think it keeps your left-brain awake which is a good thing for WILD, but unless you’re tired enough it won’t do much good.

I think there are some methods posted on the sticky WILD too, except they are all scattered around. At least you can attempt WILD…I have to get my sleeping schedule back first! Keep at it, try various ways, and see what you get.

Yep. Usually. Although now thats being pushed to 3 since I now have to sleep with my parents (long story!)

Problem is theres no way to block out the sunlight :sad: Maybe I should go to sleep at 12 or 11…get six hours, it wont be daylight. :smile:

Alright. Both I can do quite easily…

Hmm…like what?

Also, I’ll be trying again tonight…let me make sure i got the steps right:

1. Sleep for five to six hours
  2. Wake up
  3. Surf the web for everything related to lucid dreaming for 30 minutes
  4. Lay down
  5. Tell yourself you are dreaming, and keep telling yourself this
  6. Hmm…just wait?

Russia:

As long as you’re lying there monitoring your current status, you wont be able to fall asleep. You need to focus your attention on an image in your imagination, rather than on anything in the real world - including your own body. I like to just imagine a scene in my mind (often based on a dream I just woke from), while trying not to focus on how I’m feeling or what’s going on in my room.

Repetative counting techniques may work (though I’ve never really tried them) since they cause you to use your imagination. Keep focusing on what you see in your mind, and try to involve yourself in it as completely as possible. Imagine what things feel like, and even any sounds that may be appropriate. The idea being, you can mask your actual senses with these imagined ones, converting more of your mind to this new setting.

People often talk about ‘giving up’ after a few minutes, and this causes me to scratch my head wondering that they hell they whink WILD is. If you ever feel you need to give up, then it means you are trying something strenuous, which is requiring effort - not dissimilar to lifting a weight. This is WRONG! While you are trying WILD, you are supposed to be as relaxed as possible, how else might you fall asleep? If maintaining an image in your mind is tiring, then you’re trying too hard.

Just relax and try to lose yourself in your imagination. Remember, all you’re really doing is waiting until your body falls asleep so you can use the full power of your imagination. Keep trying, but not too hard :wink: