getting close?

Hi everyone, I just registered here and I’ve been attempting lucid dreaming for about a week. I’ve noticed I’m remembering more and more of my dreams, but haven’t yet had a lucid one. So last night I tried that subliminal message thing that was on another forum. In my dreams this time i was aware of the fact that i was sleeping, but not aware that i was dreaming. I woke up around 3am, and when i went back to sleep I dreamt that i was curled up in bed, going to sleep. And i was really tired in all my dreams, and kept lying down somewhere cuz all I wanted to do was take a nap. Does this mean I’m getting closer…the fact that i sort of know I’m asleep? Also when I was trying to walk fast I noticed that my legs were really heavy so I was walking in slow motion. This was really frustrating, but I didn’t pick it out as a sign that i was dreaming. So what do you think, am I getting closer to having a lucid dream?

you are getting close I would say.
I cant really say since I havent had a full blown lucid dream yet, but Ive had kind of that stage also, except I wake up as soon as I realize Im dreaming, or sleeping.

Keep at it and dont give up even if it is frustrating.

Welcome!

This means that you’ve got LD on your mind, and you will realize at some point that you are dreaming and become lucid.

I have had LDs where I too felt tired within them, so you were aware enough within your dream.

That means you felt a bit of SP. That’s just to show how nice LD can be, moving around like IRL. SP kept it within the safety of your dream as it does every single time you sleep.

You’ll get a LD soon whether you want to or not, so be ready for it. Read up on the forum, especially in the Quest for Lucidity and the sticky topics.

Hey, thanks for the replies. Another thing is I kept noticing something wasn’t right, but didn’t exactly know what. Like when i was curled up in bed the clock said 3something AM, but all the lights were on and my parents were in the room. I found this odd but didn’t put 2 and 2 together. So I’m gonna have to remember to start questioning things like that. I’m gonna go read up on some more stuff and go to bed :wink:

Howdy Hypnotik, :happy:
I’ve been writing down my dreams for about a week too and the same things are happening.
Things will be strange, but more or less believable, and then as soon as something really strange happens, I’ll wake up.
Like: I left my saxaphone somewhere and went to go find it, and found somebody playing it, and I thought to myself… “hmm, how am I going to interpret that!?”
Or: I was rescuing a baby from a burning department store and as soon as we’re safe she starts talking to me like a grownup.
I wake up when things are just way too weird.
Anyway, see you around and good luck! :wink:
Ian

Howdy Hypnotik, :happy:
I’ve been writing down my dreams for about a week too and the same things are happening.
Things will be strange, but more or less believable, and then as soon as something really strange happens, I’ll wake up.
Like: I left my saxaphone somewhere and went to go find it, and found somebody playing it, and I thought to myself… “hmm, how am I going to interpret that!?”
Or: I was rescuing a baby from a burning department store and as soon as we’re safe she starts talking to me like a grownup.
I wake up when things are just way too weird.
Anyway, see you around and good luck! :wink:
Ian

I never think too much about any of the strange things that happen in my dreams. I kinda just think hmmm thats weird… and just forget about it. I have had dreams recently of talking about lucid dreaming, which is a good sign. And I dreamt I woke up and wrote down my dreams, but then it was kind of annoying to wake up and realize I didn’t really write anything down. :eh: Anyway ive been up since 4:30 this morning and its now 8:08…didnt remember any dreams and couldn’t seem to get back to sleep. I think I’ll try waking up at 5 cuz 4:30 might be a little too early in my dream cycle.

By the way has anyone gotten to the point where you start confusing things that happened in real life and things that happened in dreams? A few months ago I was doing that alot, but maybe I was just smoking too much weed :grin: Its starting to happen occasionally now where i have to question something briefly. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else?

Anyways I’m gonna go now…later :smile:

yeah, that’s sort of happening more often.
i’ll see something, and be like, where do i know that from? my dream? or from the other day?
worlds are colliding, and it’s a good thing,
peace, ian

yeah, that’s sort of happening more often.
i’ll see something, and be like, where do i know that from? my dream? or from the other day?
worlds are colliding, and it’s a good thing,
peace, ian