Grapefruit juice

I have heard that taking Grapefruit juice with drugs greatly increases the effects. Does anyone know about this, if so which drugs? would it work for things like E, LSD, speed etc? Not really on the topic of dreaming but a lot of drugs are discussed here :happy:

It contains a lot of citric acid, and more to the point, vitamin c, which would indeed increase the effects.

I’ve heard of it being used with DXM to intesify the effects, but thats the only one.

OK
Vitamin C works in a two fold manner.

First, vitamin C helps makes chemicals(natural and unnaturally) consumed by the person easier to absorb. This is why you see vitamin c added to most vitamin products even if it isn’t a simple multi-vitamin. Just read the backs of your B-Compounds and you’ll see.

Second, vitamin C when taken in a big dose stimulates the central nervous system. I don’t know if it can potentialy be dangerous in super large doses since it is water soluable and not fat soluable like K,B,D,e and A. Another words, you pee it out.

But davion might know more about this…I am taking a 500mg pill of Vit C everynight before sleep…I hope that is ok…I’m not blind or ill yet, so…

I think you would need a huge amount before vitamin c could harm you

Yeah… as far as I know the only bad side effects from too much vitamin c is getting “muddy rudder”… the big “D”… the runs… Hershey Squirts…

…ok thats enough of that.

Grapefruit juice blocks some enzymes your liver needs to work ok!
So be carefull with it and dont take to much…specially with medicines…and with drugs because with enough grapefruit juice drugs wouldnt be broken down by the liver…and so could work stronger yes…but also could harm your liver more…because its defense is down (if u take enough grapefruit juice)

Dont know about how much juice is here to much…

Thats why pigs who eat all…wont eat grapefruit…they hate it…

Have fun,

Jeff

I’ve heard that with shrooms you should drink orange juice or something with vitamin c if ur trip gets too intense. Never heard of it working the other way tho, but who knows?

Look at www.lycaeum.org for interaction of grapefruits and drugs (and a lot more…)!

www.lycaeum.org

Very good Amoebe…thx!

:alien:

I’ve heard about some recent studies indicating that very large quantites of vitamin C can be bad for your joints. Whether or not this is true isn’t relevant to most people, because you can consume quite a bit of vitamin C before any harm occurs.