Brain Wave Generator

Ok… so I did a search because I was sure there was already a topic going about this thing but nothing came up. So here goes…

Has anyone used this thing successfully either to help them reach a hypnotized state or to help them induce LDs? If so what did you do? Did you use a certain frequency combination? Do tell…

That sounds cool. I’ve never heard of it. I’ll have to look it up on google (unless you happen to have a link?) I remember something in one of the Robert Monroe books about a sound generater that played in your ears and produced brain waves. Is it like that?

I got it registered and stuff but now I need headphones :confused:neaksneak:

A combination of alpha delta would be the best for the use of hypnotic suggestions…
Mmm give me the adress then i download it to lol!

Yeah… the site is www.bwgen.com

I know there has been a thread about it before but perhaps it was on the old boards. Hmmm…

Aydira: The premise is that the sound stimulus helps to bring the frequency of your brain waves in sync with their frequency. Since many of these frequencies are below human hearing, the generator uses to different tones in the left and right ear that create a pulse that your brain registers as the difference. In example, you can’t hear a frequency of 10hz but you can hear 500hz and 510hz so playing these sounds, one in each ear, cause your brain to pickup and register the 10hz frequency.

Now, I believe that 20hz, approximately, is the frequency level that most of us run at when we are awake and alert. So, say in a hypnotized state you are running at 15hz. You set the tones to create that difference and the theory is that your brain will begin to run in sync with that stimulus.

I was just hoping that someone would have had some decent experience with this program and could give us some idea hoe successful they’ve been.

Allo:)Not to dicourage you cause everyones different but i remember threads about bwgen.3/4 of the posters were reporting small or none effect,except maybe easier relaxation.Same for me.If you dig a little in the archives u might find it.
I dont want to be negative about it,just to point out that its the relaxation AID-not the ld inducer:)

I downloaded it and I’m going to try it out for the free month since I can’t afford to get it registered. I’ve always been curious about this type of thing. If anything happens I’ll post about it.

Thanks Lostboy!
I will look in a few minutes…

Mmm 15 hz is still to high, thats still beta wave freq…

U have to be at 12 hz at least or lower…to get in a relaxt state!

Gamma is from 30 to 40 (being hyper or panic or strong fear)
Beta is from 12 to 25 hz (normal consciousness)
alpha is from 8 to 12 hz
theta is from 4 to 7 hz
delta is from 0,5 to 4 hz

Hey anyone think about WILD’s with a theta-delta soundtrack? YOur brain associates these waves with sleeping, so the whole time your achieving these brainwaves you can prepare to LD. (at around 5:00 AM)

Lol i just tried the brainwave generator with a 2 hz delta wave and my stroboscope set to 10 hz …so a combined alpha delta experience…was a nice way to to meditation…not bad at all…2 hz delta and 6 to 7 hz stroboscope…delta theta experience was also fun…very good for creativity!
Now i just need this extra thai massage lol!

M2k961…for some ppl that might work…but relaxt music u can float away on and u know very well good work to…for some even jazz would work!
Just try!

Oh I wasn’t expecting it to be an LD inducer but I thought it might be able to help me reach a hypnotic state easier. I am not a very good hypnotic subject because I keep myself too aware… waiting to see what it feels like.

However if I could focus on the sound and relax, with aid of the frequency stimulus I thought maybe…

I was just wondering how many people have had any sort of success with it and how they achieved it.

I found the sound to be relaxing too, but I only have it for one month free.

What kind of headphones would work best for this? I have a pair that are really big and they block outside noise, but they are old and I’m not sure if they are of good quality. Should I bother giving them a try (I have to buy an adapter because the uhm port is different) or is the effect just as good with a regualr set of headphones?

Also what volume would this work best at?

Brainwave Generator and comparable programs/CD’s won’t “give” you LD’s or OBE’s, though they can help you indirectly by the real existing relaxation effect. So maybe for people who are only interested in LD’s/OBE’s BWG is not so interesting, but if you’re interested in relaxation, self-hypnosis and/or meditation please give it a try.

I am extremely skeptical about anything that is presented as “speedening up” the process of meditation, but I have to admit I have positive experiences with binaural beats. Last week I read somewhere that the effect increases when you lower the “carrier frequency” (the frequency of the stereo sounds that cause the binaural beat, not the binaural beat itself!). I tried it out for myself and I was really surprised by the results. A very peaceful mind came naturally within one meditation session and lasted for hours after the session, normally I have to meditate for hours to be in peace. Same results in the next sessions, so this technique seems to work. You can lower the carier frequency in BWG in sound/audible pitch. Keep some balance, don’t go too low or your brain will hurt :wink: .

Many companies are selling very expensive brainwave altering CD’s (Monroe Institute’s Hemisync, Centerpointe’s Holosync, etc) but with this program you can create anything what those companies create! I usually play my presets in a wav-file, then combine it with some music or natural sounds in a sound editing program (CoolEdit), then burn it to CD.

Don’t worry about expiring, you will only get a notice that it is expired but you can still use it (I can). Registration gives you the possibility of importing other presets, but I prefer to create them all by myself :wink: . Maybe I WILL register if this stuff keeps working like it did last week (then the programmer really deserves it).

Most headphones are suitable, you really don’t have to pay expensive equipment. You don’t have to turn up the volume, even carrier frequencies hidden behind music or other sounds will do their job.

Good-luck!

i have problems with this program because i cant configure my stereo to play pure stereo sound. i get a little left in my right channel and a little right in my left channel. im trying some things to get around this as i type. and im feelign a difference already… the back of my head is very tingly and warm… im playing it underneath some music on very low volume and very low carrier frequency. im also fiddling with my directx settings to see if things wont start working right.

Yes brainhacker lowering the carrier sound was the first thing i did and then it works better…with my stroboscope with it u get a much stronger effect…but i c it only as fun 4 synchronising your hemispheres…when i do a real meditation i beat this way anytime…because the sound also keeps your conscious alert and in normal meditation i can melt breathing and awareness as one and can go deeper (more empty)…now and then i even enter dream stage lucid from meditation although that is rare for me, when i do zen meditation.
The only thing that really was a big leap for me about meditation was self hypnosis…because when u grasp the essence of that u also can easely grasp the essence of meditation…that essence is not suggestions, witch most ppl label to hypnosis but breathing out and let totally go of yourself!
Breathing and awareness melted to one are both in hypnosis and meditation the real essence…also because both use and learn how to control your thalamus, witch is the bridge between your consciousness ego and your subconsciousness

Well after fooling around with this program I managed to understand some things. For example, the sleep induction ‘mode’ has the binaural freq and audible pitch unwind gradually to lower freq. which makes sense. It looks more promising than what I thought.

Why would lower carrier frequencies ‘hurt’ the brain, is it just unpleasant? Does CoolEdit allow you to record it as a wave as it’s playing? What about possible quality loss…I mean I know it’s .wav and digital but some recording things (windows) seem to cut the quality.

The unregistered version doesn’t allow import, but isn’t it possible to just add a .bwg file and just rename it as default.bwg? I don’t think this program’s built that smart to notice a difference…

Renaming the default didn’t work for me, however, renaming Presets did.
So if you haven’t registered, you can still download the custom presets from the site and use them. Just move Presets.bwg to a temporary folder and copy the new one in and rename it Presets.bwg. Then when you start up the program, it will be ready to play.

Lowering the carrier signal? How is this done?

You mean, instead of using, say, the meditation preset you have your own config? Can you tell me how you have yours set up for meditation, Brainhacker?

Lostboy, the carrier frequency can be lowered this way: when you open the program, choose prests/new presets. You get a new window, and above you see 6 sections. In the “general” section, you can decide how long your preset will be and you can also choose a background sound. If you want to lower the carrier frequency, go to second section “sound”. Above you can choose the binaural beat frequencies of the preset, this is the “brainwave” that will be generated. The binaural beat is the difference between the two tones you will hear in right and left ear, for example 200 and 210 Hz will create a binaural beat of 10Hz (alpha range). Now what is the carrier frequency? Well in this example 200 and 210 Hz are the carrier frequencies, it’s as simple as that. In the sound section you see a place where you can change the “audible pitch”. This is the place to be! You can change the audible pitch by clicking on the button with “…”. You get a new window. There you can lower the pitch by changing the numbers you see in “change audible pitch” or by setting a lower limit at the bottom of the window. For example if you choose an audible pitch of 100Hz when the binaural beat is 10 Hz, BWG will create a 95Hz sound and a 105Hz sound.

Some other tips:

• to burn your presets on CD, you need a .wav-file, this can be created by going too Wave/Play into .Wav file in the main window.
  • the lower the binaural beat, the more practice you need. If you have never used BWG it will be very difficult to reach the delta range in your first session. Again, lowering the carrier frequency can be helpful but don’t expect too much, it also depends on your skills to relax and let go!

I see… so instead of getting a 10hz difference between 500 and 510 hz you are using the lower carriers of, say, 200/210. And you find this more efficient?

I was listening to the self hypnosis preset the other day while, ahem, slightly under the influence. I was really relaxed to begin with and was actively paying attention to the sound when I heard and felt a low rythmic pounding. I thought someone was walking into the room so I took the headphones off and turned around but no one was there. I went back to listening and after about a minute I heard and felt the same rumbling. Well, a let it continue and came to realize that I was hearing and feeling my pulse throughout my entire body. It was really strange.