warning of lucid dreaming?

I started lucid dreaming some years ago (days without internet) and had nobody to talk about experience. I managed to get control very often sometimes every night. even within a dream once you loose control (you dream that you wake up, but its a fake of the dream) i managed to get back on track soon. even flying was no problem. but a certain dream I got a kind of warning and I stopped immediately.

The situation did not have any pictures, it was just in action when i tried to form my own environment and poeple around me, everything around stopped suddenly and the feeling was something like I did something wrong. A feeling like big daddy tells you that you went too far and whenever you try to go further something (bad) will happen.

Can it be that your mind is fed up of controling its freetime or can it be anything else like a gatekeeper that stops you at a certain point.

thanks for any input.

Hiya Sheep. Welcome.

Have you ever tried to LD since your warning?

Hi ReaLiTY.FaiLuRe,

I stopped dream checking since then, i still had some LD afterwards but I did stop to create my own environment and now its like at all other people. I just remember very few dreams…

Maybe your mind just needed a rest from all the extra stimulation it was getting from creating and exploring.
Is it possible for this to happen?

Anyway, maybe you just needed a little break from it all, if I was lucky enough to be able to be lucid anytime I would be tempted to do it as often as possible. Perhaps this would interfere with your waking life a bit too much and cause you to lose your sense of reality. Much the same as any addiction does I guess. Not that I think it’s a bad thing to be lucid all the time, but for this situation, maybe it would be time to test the waters again.

It would be interesting to see how much your lucid creations had changed over the time you have been away from it.
=-)

Umm, I forgot all about it but I had experienced something similar to what you have mentioned, but it wasn’t like daddy telling you to stop. Umm, let me share you one of my experiences so you can understand what I’m trying to say a bit better (hopefully!).

… I’m in a classroom, helping a teacher who works with special need students to move boxes to her new classroom. Finally after I finish putting down a last box in her new classroom. I all of a sudden realize that I’m dreaming. I don’t do a RC or anything because I just know that I’m dreaming. I tell this woman that I’m going to explore the dream world. She looks up at me, disppointed. I ingore her, departing the classroom into a small hall. “Increase Lucidity Now!” I thought as I stare at the wall. The textures are getting more details and more details. I feel that I can handle it if I command to be even more lucid so I scream, “Increase Lucidity 1,000 times!” The texture details intensify beyond than I can ever see in the RL. I’m overwhelmed with extreme details in this dream and I feel as if I have done something wrong… the dream halt immediately, leaving me in SP. I’m half dreaming and half awake. I struggle to break free… I even try to move my facial muscles, but nothing works. I am still in extreme lucid stage. I don’t know what to do and then all of a sudden… a being… a dark being comes in and says something like, “You’re being warned.” I just ingore that and try to struggle to break free. I start to panick, thinking that I will be in SP forever and the doctors will label me as being in a deep coma. When it seems to be forever, I finally break free and I wake up… it is 12:00 PM in the afternoon which is highly unusual for me. It is almost like I was stuck in SP for a very long time. My bed is wet from sweating so much.

I had similar experiences every time I exceed my tolerance of lucidity. So I learned to just say “Increase lucidity now” just 1 or 2 times. :razz: I never attempt to go above what I feel comfortable until I know I will not experience that horrible terrifying SP. :wow:

Interesting! Maybe your subconscious mind is telling you that you’ve delved in too far into yourself too soon or something? Maybe it’s like you have to build up to that point by building lucidity muscles and you just pushed yourself too far? Like sometimes if I meditate too hard/long after not doing it for a while my head feels weird.

Mmm Sheep i just think it was your own reaction to something…in this case creating dreamscenery…u did not control well…could not over c and your instinct hit the alarm button…like oh oh danger, i dont know this and dont controle this well!
But thats just to let u be more alert in new experiences…dont be afraid!
really there is no need to!
Go trying to lucid dreaming again it such a waste to let fear rule u 4 nothing…
My advise…try in your next ld to change just a small very small part in scenery so get used to the feeling and effect…like only a small ring or so in your hand! Then the things u experienced wont happen!

:happy: Try and good luck!

Sheep if u try to change the ring into another ring in your hand…or if u can create a ring out of nothing and u succeed…wear it then at your dreamfinger ok!

:beer:

Thanks for all the valuable input. I found some new motivation to start again. Slowly and give my mind a rest from time time.

This overwhelming like DM7 mentioned was also a strong feeling, like my mind was telling me if you control all your dreams there will be nothing new for you, no surprises and your dreams will become boring and let you feel like in a prison, your own universe.

I’ll try to share my drems with my good old friend my mind :wink: now.

Thanks for all, and good night

Great sheep… :smile: walk the lucid path again and experiment on a small scale…indeed…u wont get bored soon by it because there is always much to explore then and u got mote controle over the situation…

First rule is and stays…ENJOY!

:happy: good luck!