Not sure if I was lucid

I think i may have had a lucid dream, but I’m not entirely sure. Yesterday morning I had several dreams which I remembered in detail, and kept having all these false awakenings. I think it was having so many of those in a row that sort of clued me in that I was dreaming. But anyway, I dont even remember what I was dreaming about at the time, but all of a sudden I said to myself “this dream is boring, I wanna do something else…like fly” And the scene changed to a sky full of clouds, a fuzzy image though, but I woke up suddenly. I was already on the verge of waking up I think. So would this be considered lucid or not?

And if it was a LD how do I keep from waking up immediately?

Yes, it is considered a LD. Everytime you are aware that you’re dreaming then it’s called lucidity. By the way, if youw ant to prolong your dream, you must remain calm. YOu also can look down the ground for a few minutes to stablize your dreamscape. You also can either rub your hands or spin if your dream is fading out. It will help you to be back in the dream again since you’re using your “dream” senses like rubbing your hands to bring you back into a dream. Good luck!

I probably would have remembered to do something to increase lucidity if I had stayed that way longer, but it was only for a couple seconds. It was pretty foggy and far from reality and I was probably too exited about this realization to do anything about it. Guess I need some practice. Although I have a feeling I was about to wake up regardless of anything else.

Rubbing my hands together has worked well for me in the past. Not only do you have the sensation of rubbing them together but you bring them up to eye level, usually, and looking at your hands in dreams, for some people, helps them stay self aware. Not only that but your body shakes as you do it and that sensation of movement tends to keep you in the moment.

However, my last few lucid dreams ended with very little warning, if any. My first few, I could feel the dream fading or my grasp on my self-awareness slipping away and thats when I would rub my hands. My latest few LDs ended SMACK! No warning. In that case… I don’t have any idea what I could have done.