New here? shake hands with the rest of us :) [II]

Hi, I’m a 29 year old. I had some odd experiences when I was younger with dreaming and a friend of mine in another forum informed me that I was having LD’s. Thought I’d check out a site on it and this one seemed as good as any of the hundreds that popped up on my search. :smile:

mo!

I’m 78 born finnish male network technology engineering student. Martial/combat arts is my hobby among puters.

I have always had lots of dreams and it has been very important for me to remember the dreams. firs LD came about 10 years ago (time sure runs fast) after little investigation with a friend. Since we both could remeber dreams LD’s came quite easily and it was really exiting to exchange experiences. Gotta sen the link to him. Anyway LD’s come now and then without really putting effort to it like diary which would be a good idea.

Found the site couple days ago and this first forum in years i’ve written altough i follow several other forums. Like you said it people seem to be friendly around here(maybe because people intrested in dreams are more empathic or something). Hope you will see more of my posts since there is ears which will not get tired to hear those dream stories

Hope Monty won’t this as offence but the ? in the wrist sounds the tattoo i have been looking since my first one that i took at the age of 17… 7 years ago and tomorrow i am going to go to a tattoo artist and get one. Maybe someday somebody with a tattoo like that walks towards i see the tattoo and show mine and we both have found new friends.

Hello guys, Im 17/m/nc and JUST got into Lucid dreaming friday! I was at a dredg concert, which is my favorite band and then read the poetry section of the site, which people talk about Lucid dreaming in some of the topics. I then searched google and found this site, Lucid dreaming is my new obsession! If you have any tips on starting out, let me know :smile: hope to better get to know you guys soon.

Greetings, I’m 18 years old male from Finland. My most important interest is definitely music. I’ve never had a clearest possible lucid dream in my life so far as i can remember, but with the help of this site and other things i will get my hands on to i’m getting closer every day.

and, P.S. Great website and forum, thank you. :wink:

oops guess i 4got to shake hands when i joined! lol. Im pretty young, 12, going on 13 (duh! i hate when ppl say that! its like no ur gonna say im 12 going on 22) male. I’ve been interested in lds for bout 1/2 or 1/3 year.

Hi to everybody here!

I suppose I should get down to introducing myself and shaking hands with the people here (since I decided to stop lurking).
I am 28 and live in Germany (but was born in UK), at the moment I study English and German literature at university and will hopefully receive my MA next year. I have become increasingly interested in lucid dreaming and dreams in general over the course of the last few months due to some changes in my personal belief system. I am so glad to have found this place since it can become rather difficult at times to talk to people about lucid dreams (or dreams in general) - since many people just think you’re nuts when you try to explain or describe LDing.
Oh, if you haven’t noticed up to this point - I think that “The Matrix” is one of the best movies ever made (perhaps until “The Matrix Reloaded” is released :wink: ). Hobbies: movies, reading, writing…

Nice to see you all…

Merry Christmas,

Morpheus

lol i just think its funny thats theres a post by Neo then Morpheous lol

Welcome to the real world… :wink:

Hello everyone. I’m a 15 year old male from Tennessee. I just learned about lucid dreaming around a month ago from a gaming forum that I go to. After talking to some people and reading techniques I had my first lucid dream in a few days. I haven’t had any lately, though. After trying a few seaches I found this site, which will definately help me in lucidity. I’m now going to be keeping a dream journal and doing reality checks. Yeah, everyone here is nice. At most message boards the newbies get bashed. Whew, I’m glad this place isn’t like that. :smile:

Hi, I’m Maxi, I’ve been hanging around this site on and off for about a year now. I’m 18 years old and I’m looking to have lucid dreams because I have no inch of spare time due to dance training :eek: so I decided to have my time off in my sleep. I don’t post much but I am here :wink:

Forgot to say I’m also doing some stuff on forensics and the science of criminology which is great fun :content:

Hello All…
I am 25 and live in Ireland. I have been recording/following my dreams for over 4 years now. I guess I have recorded well over a thousand already. Of those I have had some lucid/obe type experiences, and my goals are to utilize the dreaming realm to further myself in whatever way I can. So far I have learnt a lot about myself, and I am always learning more. Dreaming is my number 1 pastime now, without a doubt!

Hi all, I’m from Belgium, 21 years old.
I’ve been interested in LD almost a year now. Now I have a LD every 3 or 4 days, but unfortunately they never last long :sad: I just have to keep practicing I guess :content: Great site!

Hey, my name is Kanisa (it’s pronounced Kuh~Nee~Suh) and I’m 13 years old. I’ve been into lucid dreaming for about 2 months now. I think it’s really cool and I luv this site. I’ve learned a lot from it and have had 6 lucid dreams so far. Thanks pasQuale :content:
§kani§a§

Hello. A newbie from the cold land of Finland here. I did’t yeat have time to read the other replyes in this thread, but I can tell already that this site is very interesting and already it has given me a reason to go to bed and not to stay awake :smile: Not meaning that in the wrong way, I mean sometimes I just hang around the net doing pretty much nothing cause I feel like I might be wasting something by…oh who I’m I kidding. It has become an habbit to stay awake for me. And That is what this site already has changed. So I’ll go get a class of milk now and head to my almost new bed…consentrate on my hand while drinking the milk…and doing one thing that I think helped me achieve an almost lucid dream last night: I said the “movie-hypnosic-sentence” to myself before going to sleep…not in loud but in my mind and it went something like: 1. Your eyes are getting heavy 2.you become more relaxed 3. You can’t strugle anymore cause your eyes are to heavy 4. Your going into a deeper sleep 5. You are in a relaxed, comfy sleep now
attention though: not sure was it this or the fact that I had seen Terminator 2 a while ago that made me see a nightmare about terminators chaching me…but the last part of that…after I had woken once was kinda like a lucid dream.
Now I know what to say to Arnold next time he appears.
And finally, again to be said, this is a very good site.

Hey everybody,

Finally, after a few months of reading posts on this forum with utter fascination, I’ve worked up the courage to join the fray. I first started to get seriously interested in lucid dreaming after seeing Richard Linklater’s wonderful film ‘Waking Life’, and I soon found my way to this site. A huge great big ‘thank you!’ to everyone involved in putting this site together - it has been invaluable, and I would no doubt still be having normal old dreams without it. I’m only taking my first few tentative steps into lucidity, but I hope I am able to add something interesting to the amazing discussions on these pages…

hallo. i’m in my mid-teens, girl, and after ‘accidentally’ having a lucid dream i’m curious + keen to have more. i feel i’m getting very close, even though i have not been able to successfully self-induce one yet (only been trying for four nights, and on the second i almost reached lucidity twice. . .).

i’m very much into art and writing (although, usually i keep my pieces to myself), so obviously dreams and the subconcious fascinate me, and often provide me with inspiration.

Hi from Australia!

My name’s Dave but you can call me Sparx (it’s a long story). I first came across this site over a year ago, but this thing called life distracted me from coming back since then :wink: I was pleasantly surprised to see this new forum since my last visit.

After studying consciousness, dreams and spirituality as a hobby for about 15 years, I recently decided I love this stuff more than my job, so I’m seriously considering making it my job. What a wake up call! Anyway, thanks to sites such as this I have plenty of info to help me investigate possible options.

I have regular vivid dreams, I remember them all very clearly, but I’ve never had a lucid one - much to my frustration. Maybe if I hang around here long enough I will :cool:

Cheers,
Sparx

hi my names steven i was born in september 1978, live in australia . As my nickname suggests i like anime including rorouni kenshin. Im 15 years old. I only really just found on how to have this stuff and have only had one when i was younger by accident or something and am hoping to have more. i found the link to this site of gamefaqs (someone posted it there) so this is my first day on the site too.

Hi i am Diana, 23, from NYC. I been interested in lucid dreaming for a few years now but neve really got the chance to experiment. Now that i find myself unemployed i have all the time in the world to devote myself to this one skill i always wanted to posses. After doing the exercises listed on this and other LD pages i am now at least able to remember my dreams in full length and detail. Perhaps i am on my way to LDing soon.