Too scared to try

SP is different for all, if you think you will have some scary experiences, you will… The worst thing you can do is read about is other peoples horror stories, thats what happened to me, i read all kinds of scary shit about it and yeah i eneded up having similar ones…

But getting better now, have had a few cool SPs too. Just try to think positive. Whatever you think about will manifests itself, so try to think about good stuff :wink:

Well, thats why a lot off people who are unfamiliar with this phenominon assume its some evil force. They dont know what sleep paralysis is and
therefore cannot realize when it is occuring. You, on the other hand, already knowof sleep paralysis. Just as becomming lucid, you must realize its going on while its going on. Use the signs, like “I cant move and I’m hallucinating, I know I’m not being possessed or something, so it must be sleep paralysis!”
The important thing to remember is to controll yourself. The more freaked out you get, the worse you’ll make it. Instead of thinking that your never going to be able to move and your totally helpless, think of the fact that it will pass in a few minutes and you can enter an LD from it.

wait a sec…

what’s the deal with the Sun Eye method?

is that for lds or OBEs?

and what are OBEs like? are you like… floating around… what would the point in that be?

As far as I know you can use that method for both.
And OBE’s are these things where you apparently leave your body and can travel around. I dont know if thats actually what happens, and I’ve never experienced one. If I ever do though, I plan to do a few RC’s to see what the real deal is.

Josh put it very well:)
I just wanted to add that with lucid dreaming and also for some Obes you are dealing with the world which has unique feature.Thought has a creation power.What you think you get.Even if u suspect you get:)This feature is responsibile for many reports u read.Ppl having SP without knowing whta that is and also that it MAY happen are scatred like hell…then mind brings the demonic pictures…and here we are…in the room full of daemons trying to rip us apart.
Theres nothing to fear definately:)Sp is normal,biological thing-its function is to cut off your muscless so u dont run in real life if u happen to do so in a dream.Its very helpfull thing,ppl who has their brain damaged somehow,sometimes sleepwalk…and that aint fun:)
So,just go for it cuz its mainly fun:)ant btw…many ppl describe sleep paralisis as something very pleasan.Very.I can confirm that myself…i love the feling.
take care:)

so if youre in sp, are you supposed to fully wake up from it and be able to move around or do you just go back to sleep? How would you enter an LD from SP like josh said? Just go back to sleep and you’re there? And correct me if im wrong on this, but SP only happens when you are trying to have an OBE or is it with LD’s too? Thanks

“so if youre in SP, are you supposed to fully wake up from it and be able to move around or do you just go back to sleep?”

Usually nothing...just feel it and you prolly find yourself up there.Its pleasant feeling,like ..hmm..u feel mighty:)Just observe it and let go...you`ll know once u there:)

" And correct me if im wrong on this, but SP only happens when you are trying to have an OBE or is it with LD’s too? Thanks"

Sp happens allways and to everyone.We just normally "blackout"before we can feel it:)

I believe that the only thing to fear is fear itself. Though this can be hard to remember whilst one is experiencing the intensity of the vibrations/obe type situation. During some of my obe experiences I have found myself being a bit frightened…as soon as I feel fear, I have noticed that fear is immediately amplified, and it can feel intense. Several times I have aborted “projection” due to hearing screaming, or even manic laughter, or seeing and feeling a dark cloud close in around me. But I recognise these things are merely my fear being amplified back at me, because the times I have stayed calm at the onset of an obe, I have been able to project with no problems at all, and have enjoyed some marvelous experiences.

You see, I would liken the inexperienced obe’er to a child who can still be scared of strange shapes on his/her bedroom wall at night. Heck, my niece won’t go to sleep unless a blanket is draped over the tv screen. Her wee mind distorts it into something to fear…just as my or your mind can distort and exaggerate any fears we harbour of the unknown. But eventually, just as a child comes to realise the monsters in the dark do not exist and are manifestations of mind, so we must come to realise the astral plane and lucid dream environment that rocks our preconceived “worldview”, is perhaps less dangerous than the illusive nature of the programmed reality we are force fed from birth. But sure, if you fear discovering the true nature of “reality”, then leave well alone.

Nobody that I know has had sleep parralysis or night terrors but when I come onto this site many people have experienced them. The difference is that everybody I know does not use lucidity but the people on here who suffer from these things do use it. I was thinking of trying it but not changing my sleep habits and stuff to experience it. I know that you can’t be harmed physically by these things but I think I would by harmed mentally. Like being afraid to go to sleep. So my question is do you think I should try or just leave it alone and foget about it and write a dream diary.

well i didn’t have sp until i started trying to wild… so my suggestion is dont’ try WILD just stick to doing RC’s during th day and your be fine

Re Night terrors, my eldest son used to have them a lot when he was below the age of five. I think that night terrors are different to what the members of this site are mentioning ie old hag experience, feelings of a evil presence etc.

Laberge said the some people began having lucid dreams just by talking about them. But I am the last in this crew to ask, I started last week, and I havent had any lucid dreams yet. I think what you get out of it at the end is worth the frustrations. and as far as being scared, the first night I read about WILD , I tried it and it did scare me a bit, but once you realice what is actually going to happen (or not happen in my case) then fear turns to almost excitement!

here is some good reading on LaBerge I found on the net

home.no/lucid/lucid/LaBergeS … eaming.htm

Thanks for the help everyone. I’m still deciding whether I should do it or not but I guess I’ll have to decide sooner or later.

I would say go for it… I also was afraid of them in beginning, but after having experienced this for a few times, the fear most vanished. SP is now more a positive thing for me, and i often manage to have lucid dreams from it.
:smile:

hey i never vanished …i’m just hidding…:razz:

this is a snippet of my response to a thread that i just finished responding to, here’s hping it’ll be useful here :smile:

what’s up w/ all these fear threads btw :eh:

themooseman, nothing to be scared of.
Learning about dreams and having LD’s is a fascinating thing, I have no draw backs, I want to learn more, its interesting and really exciting, a lot of fun.

Having LD’s is something most people don’t do, because it is a level in your mind that is difficult to get to, a difficult level of awareness, similar to pure meditation, which I can’t see how it can harm you mentally at all. In fact it can onl strengthen your mind IMHO,

all the best in your decisions,
-stranger

SP is nothing to be afraid of. The only reason it’s scary is if you don’t know what it is. But it’s perfectly normal, doesn’t hurt you, and will end eventually (which is actually a shame).

In fact, I would say SP is a good thing, because it’s the gateway to LDs. If it happens, be happy, and try to LD!

And apparently it’s good for more than just LDing. I’ve read in various places that it can be used for inducing OBEs, Astral Projections, Dream Walking (Shared Dreaming), and other similar things. You might want to look into one of those.

As for Night Terrors, just try and take control of the dream. You never know, the scariest dream might trigger your Lucidity! Then you can whoop ass on whatever it is with your favorite SciFi or Fantasy weapon, or just beat it up with Kung Fu.

Thanks for the help. I’ve decided to try it but I can only remember 1 dream per night. If I ever have the night terror things I’m just hoping that I can realise that it’s a dream and kick it’s ass.

1 dream per night is not bad,

in my own experience, I find that when I have a good sleep, of at least 8 hours, I can remember more dreams than if I have less sleep, or if im not feeling well, or have a veyr blocked nose, or something, it does distract from my dream recall,

so try and have a nice long sleep and you can remember more dreams, especially if you do somehting like WBTB.

Thats a good attitude to have though, kick those night terror’s asses! :smile:

-stranger