What the hell?

About 3-5 years ago I was at this cottage, and there I was in a room with another bed next to mine (but around 2m away). I fell asleep but ‘woke’ up due to sounds. There was a person in the other bed sleeping and apparantly was now doing some stuff. I can’t fall back asleep and feel kind of discomforted, and I stare at the wall next to me. It has a few shapes that are very characteristic and I memorize them.

The next day I ask the person did they do this and this last night and he/she denied the accusations. I told that I was positive I wasn’t dreaming but I was told I was, so I’m not sure how this is possible, I had NOT looked at the wall at ALL when I was ‘awake’ and I’m 100% sure this isn’t one of those memory paradoxes where the shape fills itself into my head after I see it when I wake up. The actions which occured next to me were voluntary and there was some dialogue aswell, impossible for someone to do when asleep, so the question is - did I imagine it or was I lied to?

Dunno. I’m kinda confused now too.

I am unsure of what relevance the shapes are to this story. did you see them in a dream, but not in RL but then when you woke up you saw them? And what do you mean by ‘awake’. Do you mean awake or dream.

What do you mean by ‘the actions were voluntary’<- What actions? How do you know they were voluntary? Do you remember the dialogue?
I am not really sure. Perhaps it would help if you explained it a bit more.

And

Most people that experience these paradoxes are also 100% sure. So you can never really know

The shapes are evidence for the actions to have occured. And what I meant is that I didn’t look at the wall with the shapes before I went to sleep that night.

It’s irrelevant what actions occured but yes I remember them and I remember the dialogue.

I think it is relevant what actions occured. If it was something mundane like getting up to get a glass of water, then why would the person lie about it. However, if it is something that could embarrass the person they could be covering for themselves by lying.

So the other person from your perspective was not asleep.

I would guess that you were also awake. For me, once I’m awake it is easier to distinguish between dream memories and waking memories. It can be hard sometimes, but once you are fully awake you can usually separate the two. For you to remember this event for several years now with such detail leads me to think that this is a waking memory.

It’s hard to give an honest answer. Dreams also leave everlasting memories. I can relate to your situation, but your description lacks much detail. Even if the detail were included, only you could determine the truth for yourself.

To give an example of my experience with this; I often start to wake up and as I’m lying in bed I hear the TV on. I get the impression that the house is full of people and I hear movement and conversations. I feel like I’m wide awake but just lazy and under the covers. Once I force myself out of bed I start to notice the silence. It is sudden and I soon realize the emptiness of the house. :bored:

The ‘action’ was masturbation…am I right?? :content:

hopefully you are and we hear some more details:) :content:

Hehehe that’s exactly what I was thinking… :tongue:

HAHA me too… you used the word accusation, so the person might just be like “Eewww no way I don’t do that, especialy while you are sleeping next to me.” If it was playing a guitar or singing or something, thats different. Then theres the sleep walking state… maybe the person was not sure what they were doing. One friend of mine was jerkin’ it in his sleep once, we were at a hotel… it cracked my girlfriend and me up (in this case we never told him lol.)

What can we learn from this?
Always have those infrared binoculars ready!

;-D Or a light amplifier cam next to your bed…

So Chosenone, what do we all ask from Santa this year?

I suspected that also.
If we’re right, I’m curious what “dialogue” was said. :gni:

Perhaps we now have the reason the accusations were denied. :smile:

No it wasn’t masturbation :content: