Has anybody ever died in a Lucid Dream?

Ive died abunch of times…once was when I tried to fly…I was on a build and jumped off… I flew…right into a building…i woke up and laughed.

Heh heh heh. Sounds like fun, I think I may try it that way.

hehe it was funny…got a running start into the wind and jumped, I began to fly, i could see the cars running below me, then I looked forward and saw a building about 20 feet away…I was moving soo fast and was sooo scared I just hit it…I woke up really quick…then laughed

also another way would be causing a massive explosion…like once I was battle a huge creature (kinda looked like a 30 foot bear…but not too detailed) I shot it with a couple of rockets and it didnt seem to hurt it…I made this blue orb in my hand and threw it at it…The thing blew up into a nuke and threw me backward…then i woke up…

of course…f you really wanted to die…why not just shoot yourself?..personally I feel its a waste of a LD…

Yeah, I would want to go more interestingly, and near the end of an LD, so I dont waste such a good dream.

i’ve xperienced the after-life in my dreams recently but i dont remember dying

Hi

I’m just curious, are you sure this was a dream, and not a memory of a >past life? (or death to be more accurate)

Hmm…
I think this was a dream in three “episodes”.
I had a nightmare, woke up, and went into my parents bed.After some minutes I returned to my bed, since I wasn´t frightened anymore.
Then the nightmare continued, just as if I hadn´t woken up at all.I woke up again and called for my parents.They came over and talked to me, and after some time I went back to sleep:

Then there where these soldiers.I think behind me was a wall, and somewhere was a door or something where you could go through the wall.I don´t think it was an execution though.My memory is a little bit blurry, but I think there was someone else.A women, perhaps my mother, who stood in front of me, so the bullets hit her first.I am not sure about this, though, could be that I am wrong and that I was alone.

But to your question… I can´t really tell.I mean, it was a dream, I am sure about this.But I could have dreamed about some other life…
Or perhaps it was something like an OBE, but it seemed to be a dream to me.
I remember for sure that there were elements in it that can´t come from a memory, some words I picked up some days ago where in the dream.
On the other hand, this could be a way for me to deal with the information.I was so young, I probably didn´t knew much about wars and soldiers and stuff.

Interesting thought, never had this idea

Traumgänger

some people believe dreams can bring out past life experiences…while other claim that its just the mind useing what information it has (say from a book or move you watched) and use it to make up nothing more then a powerful dream.

I had a dream where i was part of a platoon, we went through either a thick jungle or a cave. We got to a bend in the path and we came under attack. I couldnt take shelter (there were some rock were my men hgad taken shelter) so i laid down and began to fire. I was then hit in the side. I felt the bullet enter my side…it hurt soo bad…then i began to die…it felt like my soul was falling out of my body. As i began to fall i could still the fighting…my guys were winnning…then in woke up…my eyes open…and i was speechless…

Once in my dream I was in a car crash and was flung into a stream, where I was paralyzed face down, but wasn’t afraid of dying. I think I did die. —Well anyway, I’m thinking of committing suicide in my dream, but I’m afraid just because I dont want to take any risks. Does anyone want to do that and post their dream? that would be great.

Hey, that’s a really interesting idea! I’ve never thought of that before! :happy:

Ed

I have had many NL dreams where I was going to die, though I don’t think it ever continued past my death.
In many of them, I had dreams that I was going to be executed. In one or two of them, I was convinced that I was about to die - thinking “This is really it. I am about to die.” I don’t think that I would be so calm in real life.
I don’t have these dreams nearly as often as I used to.

I’ve never experienced death in a lucid dream, but it would be an interesting one I’m sure.

I havent succeeded many times to get mucid dream… but one of the dreams i just jumped in front of driving car and CRASH! everything went black for few secs and then i woke up…

So in real life presumably it would be the same except you wouldn’t wake up afterwards.

It’s an interesting thought, as to whether our minds have some kind of a connection to the life-death process, and how accurate dream experiences of death actually are. If they are accurate, that would mean people could die in various ways in their dreams, and then wake up to tell people what they were like.

Although I am not religious and I don’t believe in God or the Afterlife, I do think that things are not as straight forward as we often percieve them to be, and that various aspects of life can possibly be connected in ways that we can’t perceive. I believe that reality to us is what our mind constructs out of the data it receives through our senses, but that our senses our limited and don’t perceive even 1% of what is actually happening and how the universe connects up. I wonder if it is actually pre-built into our subconcious as to what death will actually be like, and therefore whether it is possible to experience such a process via our dream worlds.

:smile:
Ed.

Maybe you would wake up dreaming. Perhaps the reason for dreaming is to create a framework for our “final dream”. So when we die, we dream forever.

It’s certainly a possibility.

Although personally I believe that dreams are a product of our physical brains, and once the power is turned off, the lights go out.

One way of putting it is like this: If it were true that we remain concious after the death of our brain, how come we only dream in REM sleep, and in deep sleep we are completely unconcious? As I understand it, deep sleep is almost complete shut down, the closest our brain gets to death without actually going there completely.

Also, most people who have had operations will tell you, they are concious of nothing imbetween being chemically knocked out and then waking up again afterwards (except in those horrific rare cases where the injection hasn’t worked properely or has worn off early or something). If you think about it, all that has happened here is the brain has been chemically knocked out. Wouldn’t the same be true if the brain was destroyed? Also, what about people who are involved in accidents and damage part of their brain, part of them goes doesn’t it, part of who they were before? Surely if all the brain gets damaged in this way, all of the person is then gone?

However, I like to try and remain open minded. Those are just my personal views, my own logical reasoning against why I don’t think it would happen. But as I said earlier, I often think that there is far more going on than we perceive, so I could be wrong, I completely accept that. :wink:

I’d be interested to hear any further views you have on the subject, or if anyone has anything they’d like to add, even if people might totally disagree with everything I just said (it’s always good fun to discuss these kinds of things). :smile:

:cool:
Ed.

Ok, I agree we don´t know anything, but I´ll try to discuss your reasoning :wink:

One way of putting it is like this: If it were true that we remain concious >after the death of our brain, how come we only dream in REM sleep, and >in deep sleep we are completely unconcious?

I don´t think that it is impossible to dream.They say you have the first REM phase about 1,5h after sleeping.How comes that we sometimes fall asleep, wake up 30 minutes later and remember a dream?

As I understand it, deep sleep is almost complete shut down, the closest our brain gets to death without actually going there completely.

Also, most people who have had operations will tell you, they are >concious of nothing imbetween being chemically knocked out and then >waking up again afterwards Wouldn’t the same be true if the brain was >destroyed?

Hmm, good point.
On the other hand: They say they aren´t councious of anything.But that doesn´t mean that nothing happened!
Best example are those people who claim they never dream.I am sure they dream, they just don´t remember, and so it seems that nothing happened between falling asleep and waking up.

And what about the NDEs ? Those persons are clinical dead, and still they find themselves flying the room, listening to the chatter of the surgeons, or going through dark tunnels.

However, I like to try and remain open minded. Those are just my >personal views, my own logical reasoning against why I don’t think it >would happen. But as I said earlier, I often think that there is far more >going on than we perceive, so I could be wrong, I completely accept >that. :wink:

I totally agree

Traumgänger

Hmmm, interesting…

:smile:
Ed.

I have died in dreams, and iv’e had close calls. One time I was shoot in the head, I felt the pain rush through me for a few seconds but then I woke up, scary…
And those damn falling dreams, I have those one’s where I fall and before I hit the ground I wake up, but iv’e also had one’s where I hit the ground, but I land on my feet and use the momentem to jump even higher then I fell :cool_laugh:

I have “died” three times in lucid dreams within the last year. Once I drowned, once in a hail of bullets (shootout with the police), once hit by a bus. All three times, everything went blank for an instant, then I went into my next dream without waking up.

Drowning was almost peaceful - no pain, just fade to black. (I have nearly drowned twice in real life, so I’m not afraid of going that way). Getting shot was weird - I felt the bullets hitting my body until I finally died. Getting hit by the bus was the quickest - BAM! and it was over.

hmm… I remember getting shot by my next-door neighbor, and I don’t see why; she’s really nice, but anyway…

I remember going into my front door (everything looked like it did in RL) and getting my keys out to unlock the door and proceed inside. However, I glanced over to my left and saw my neighbor on her porch with a gun. I heard the gunshot, then an instant later, I woke up with a throbbing pain in my right temple (which is weird, because she shot my left temple in the dream).

This was just a non-lucid dream. I haven’t really understood what this has meant, but I knew it must have meant something important, so I’ve tucked it into my memory for later investigation, which is going on now…

I once dreamt that I went to a church, or a place that looked like a church. I walked, went on my knees and then shot myself in the head. I remember too how I could feel the bullet in an odd way and the pain.

It was horrible but the dream made in a weird way sence at the time…