The song at the end of "Vanilla Sky" = NEW TITLE

OLD TITLE= “Vanilla Sky”
So I want to know, pretty badly, what song it is thats playing at the end when Tom Cruise jumps off the roof. Does anyone know? Its driving me nuts. It sounds like Radiohead but I can’t match it with any of the songs in the listings so far. HELP!

I will give one million dollars to the person who can tell me what song it is in monopoly money.

The song is called Njósnavélin and it’s by Sigur Rós. In English, that means “The Nothing Song”.

It just so happens I’m out of Monopoly Money, so I await your package. :grin:

You sure its Sigur Ros, Atheist? The song sounds like its in English… I’ll have to go look for a sound clip.

Actually Njósnavélin is in english The Spymachine, not the nothing song.

It’s from their new album called ( )
Yeah, that’s it’s name, no kidding :smile:

Anyway, if you need any info on them you can ask me, I’m a huge fan.

It sounds like Radiohead, because Radiohead was inspired by their second album called Ágætis Byrjun, which means, A nice start.

Ps. Just to bum you out, I’m going to a concert with them on friday :content:

I found a sound clip and that IS the right song. Thanks Atheist!! Now if I could just get my hands on a copy of the song I would be doing alright.

I like Sigur Ros so far… my gf has the cd with the fetus angel on it. Its a good album but I really want a copy of Njosnavelin.

P.S. thanks for the info Gov

If anyone remembers the scene from Waking Life, with the wanderer jumping out of the train, they should be happy to know that the forgotten language of dreams that he speaks of, is the language Sigur Rós sings on. :wink:

P.s. I’m going to the concert tonight!!!

Thats weird. I don’t remember that part of the movie at all. I am going to have to rent it again.

Also, when I returned it to the store, in a rush on the way to work, the first time I rented it, the girl behind the counter asked me what I thought of it and I said that I wasn’t sure yet but that I have always been interested in dreams and lucid dreaming. She said me too and I walked out of the store. I walked down the hallway of the little tontine its in and I felt almost like I was IN the movie. The background of my life seemed to float softly like it does in the movie and I felt like I was wavering as I walked as though I was strangely animated. I was very aware of my movement and the sounds I was hearing.

Back in my car, I thought about the scene where the woman tells the boy that she doesn’t want people to treat each other like ants and that people should interact more than just bumping into each other and careening off. I always wanted to go back and talk to that girl about the movie and dreaming in greater depth.

When I think about it… the whole little episode seems very dreamy. Thats so strange.

Hey Gov… about Njosnavelin… the version used in the movie seems to be different than the one playing in the movie. I love the album version but are there more than one version of this song floating around?

Thats a sweet song. I had also been looking for the name of it, but I never found it. Then I stumble upon this thread. Pretty cool.

Sure there are Lostboy… but don’t remember any at this moment, i have some versions of it, if my memory serves me right.

But that is not their best song, they have loads of others…100x better :wink:

they hav a website?

www.sigur-ros.com

Enjoy…

thnx for the website Gov , its is very good music do to a WILD with.