Heat

Hi
I don´t like heat, my room is the coldest in our house.I usually sleep with an half opened window, even now when it is winter.Perhaps that is couse the rest of our house is so hot (my brother has frogs, and they like temperatures around 30°c (303 Kelvin) ).When I am at my fathers house, it is the other way round, I usually feel that it is too cold in it.

Anyway, back on topic.
When I manage to sleep in a room that is very hot, I won´t sleep deeply.I think I will have some very strange dreams, but not strange like a story “Purple aliens want to conquer earth with the help of flying snowmen” , but strange in a way that there is no story at all, like the dreams you have when you are sick or drank way too much alcohol (right amount of alcohol can cause very vivid dreams).

And I think I will be very exhausted when I wake up…

Traumgänger

Hi people,

just a little stinky comment on the topic:

I recently read that (scientifically) the best temperature for sleep is 14°C, which is a little less that 60°F (for those of you in the U.S.). Personally I feel as thought I can fall asleep more easily when it’s cold. The nasty thing about it is getting up in such a cold room :sad:

How the temperature affect the propability of lucid dreams, no idea.

Raven

There’s no possible way for me to fall asleep when it’s 14c. I’d be shivering all night. I put the thermostat on 20c before bed and my feet are still cold. I have 9 thick blankets on my bed. 30c is hot though even for me and I’m always cold!

I agree that 14 degrees seems a little too cold. Unless they are talking about outside temp or temp in the room but not in the bed. 14 degrees just seems too cold. I prefer a warmer night >20 degrees.

Anyone ever taken a long hot shower before bed? I read somewhere that it is a good idea to do so if you’re fighting with insomnia, as long as you don’t make it too long. I feel exhausted and tired after, and I’m not even sure if it’s healthy to do so.

Hmm… I’m about to go try that now. :grin:

I always take a hot shower before bed, but I don’t suffer from insomnia (maybe that’s why :happy: ). I can’t help but wonder why this might help you sleep easier, unless you have trouble sleeping in the heat. The reason I say ‘heat’, is because after getting out of a hot shower even the usual air feels cold. Everything is relative to everything else. :wink:

I think maybe there’s nothing complicatedly scientifac about other than it’s just relaxing or something. :shrug:
ok honestly i just wanted to use that smiley because it cracks me up.

After the shower your body starts cooling down.
The change of your body temperature makes you sleepy.

Hmmm…thanks
Tonight I will have a hot shower and I will sleep good for once. I’ll also get a chance to WBTB WILD.

Hey!! There is an old folk story that says that cats sometimes sleep on peoples chests and try to steal their breath at night. Watch out!!! :content:

I often will take a really hot shower and then a few minutes before I get out, turn the temp down so the water is comfortably cool. It makes my whole body relax completely. All of my muscles feel loose and free of tension. I highly recommend it. You don’t have to get the water cold, just cool.

Ive also heard that its better to sleep in a cool room. Also, if your pillow gets warm or hot in the night, that can cause you to get shallow sleep or wake up.

So after the hot shower you take a cool shower…ok why not

I did become a bit more drowsy after the hot shower, and I had a WILD/DILD :content: as this was one of the rare chances I had for a WBTB.

i seem to have more often LDs when my room is cold.

In the summer you should try a cold shower and in the winter a hot one. But it could be other way around… I forgot :bored:
Maybe I can dig up that source again

Anyway, I think I’m just going to take a shower

I always take a long hot shower before bed on school nights. I haven’t noticed any effects on my dreams because of it, and obviously I have more dreams on weekends since I sleep longer…so results are inconclusive I guess. Then again I haven’t been trying LDs for very long.

heat tends to make me sleep better, i have sleeping problems so i helps me

Since u guys r talking about sleeping environments…i just wanted to ask a question related 2 this :smile:. DOes an ‘opened window’ affect any of u guy’s dream recall in the morning?

Currently, my goal is first to even get to sleep comfortably, let alone have lucid dreams right now. My best temperature is 16 C and a light blanket. When I’m comfortable, I get to sleep faster, and can have more vivid dreams.

:confused: A quote within a quote…how weird is that!

Here is a good little article regarding cats that sleep on your chest.

r.f

Heat messes me up big time. I can not sleep period! If it get too hot while I am asleep I will wake up out of a dead sleep. I perfer a cooler room temp.