some lucid questions

I’ve heard it said that light switches never work in dreams, i have to ask is this strickly true? I myself have often used light switches and they work perfectly in my dreams (with exception to nightmares)

Also is it normal to only dream in colour? i heard people say that colour dreams are always lucid and normal dreams are black & white. Since i have only ever had full dream colours i find that statement odd.

But my main question, i often have dreams since i have come to this site. Usually i would have a dream and say i went into a room in a house that isn’t really there and it would be “normal” to me. Now when i do so i know i’m dreaming and even state this in dreams.

The problem is once registering this i become lightly Lucid, but can’t get to the stage of controling my dreams. Like being able to make things appear, or create things etc. is there any advice you could give to help me either OBE during dreaming or become fully lucid and get to controling my dreams.

Tia.

Light switches sometimes work in dreams. Nothing is foolproof, I’ve had failed reality checks in dreams when text doesn’t actually change!
And normal dreams are often in colour too. I’ve never in my life had a black and white dream and didn’t even know it was possible to do so untill I got into lucid dreaming. It does vary though. Some have many black and white dreams, and some have none.
And the dream controll, this takes both time and practise, as well as a change in veiws about your expectations. You could say, “I want my friend to appear in this room!” and she may not. But if you said, “Well, usually when I want a friend to come out, I call their name.” You could call there name and go around a corner and see them. You’ll have to experiment to see how exactly this will work for you though.

“…I’ve heard it said that light switches never work in dreams, i have to ask is this strickly true?”
its not really.Its very common but not necesarily the fact.So you might find otherwise.
“…Also is it normal to only dream in colour?”
sure is:)
“The problem is once registering this i become lightly Lucid, but can’t get to the stage of controling my dreams.”
You will have lds of different leves…in some you will have little control in some you`ll have lots.All comes with practice:)
good luck:)

thanks for the replies guys,

and in responce to Josh’s reply, it never even crossed my mind to call or even ask for something. One thing i notice in my lucid dreams, i am very like the “id” refered to in psychology (which incidentally is the unconscious mind.) I want, i want, i want. lol

thanks for the tips lets see where i end up :smile:

Happy to be of assistance.