Beginning experiment with incense

[quote=“Jabbervock”]
Another thing that would help is using an oil burner instead of incense sticks or whatever because from them the smell is always blurred by the smell of smoke, but with oil burners you get a more pure smell. :smile:

thanks, i will try that…

I have been out of town for the last two nights, but tonight I am home and will be picking up where i left off. One thing i should mention…the second night i tried the “opium” scent, my dreams had some similarities to the previous night’s dreams…

Anyway, i am too tired to type anymore. Time to go sleeeep. I will write more tomorrow. And thanks again, jabbervock. I will look for an oil burner.

Not sure but i think Jasmine is suposed to help with LDs. I personally like nag champa

I have decided to give vanilla scent a try last night after I read your post. My dreams are normally relatively very ‘down to earth’ i.e. nothing really exotic happening, but last night I had two dreams with (in my terms) very weird stuff e.g. giant mushrooms growing all over the curtains in my bedroom and in another dream I had magic powers (something I absolutely do NOT have in most of my dreams) - and I wasn’t lucid. Don’t know if these things (and some others) are due to the scent of vanilla in my bedroom - but who knows…

Nice dreams,

Morpheus

PS @Neo: How’s Trin doing? :wink:

I have posted about this a while back, and have tried a few incense sticks. I like the idea to use the oil, the sticks emit too much smoke. The scents I have tried are “Jasmine,” “Frankincense,” and “Myrrh.” It seems like I’m missing one more that I can’t remember.

I didn’t get to try much since the smoke often bothered other people in the house. The sticks were nice quality but someone here has sensitive allergies. I can’t wait to pick up some oil.

I found a cool link to other herbs and scents that helps dreaming here:
https://www.geocities.com/medeaaa/dreamcraft.html

:rofl:

:bored:sigh

sorry guys/girls…too many 5-hour nights…not good… :eek:

I will keep at it

I don´t know the english word for it, but there is another way to do this:

It is similar to using oil, but instead of the bowl with the oil you use a metallic sieve.On the sieve you put the herbs you want to use.
Note:
The candle should have a very small flame, otherwise your herbs will start to get burnt and smoke.Just cut the the candlewick so the flame is very small, and then the herbs won´t emit any smoke, but only the scent

I don´t know if this is the easiest way to do it, but I like it is good for mixing your herbs, and it just has style :smile:

Traumgänger

I know what you’re talking about traumgänger. It’s funny that I’m native english and I also don’t know the word for it. I’ve seen it used for potpourri.

We have a few ceramic dishes that have places for candles underneath, you can put different herbs, oils, or water in the dish. The candle heats the mixture and feels the room with scent.
Usually “tea lights” are good candles to use.

I would have never thought to use these instead of incense. What a great idea. Thanks! :happy:

that is a good idea…i am going to try it.

Everyone, just be carefull when you go to sleep using candles or insense and such and such.
Dont want to read the message board tomorrow with a reply from someone saying"last night my house caught on fire from a candle". :neutral:

My uncles a fireman so i get overprotective with fire.

Great point there becc! :happy: I was actually thinking the same thing. I personally, couldn’t sleep knowing a candle was burning.

The scent lingers long with the ceramic pots mentioned. The dish stays warm and the liquid evaporates, it’s a sweet and rich smell. Even after the candle is out. That’s another reason I enjoy the idea more than incense. It’s safer and more natural. :smile:

now you tell me… :bored:

DreamAddict and traumgänger are talking about freebasing!! Hide the kids!! :smile:

Nah, this incense is interesting. Last night I couldn’t fall asleep so I smoked a cigarette and had some weird hypogognotic(sp?) visions and overall odd dreams, incense might be good too.

If you burn incense while playing games, try lighting one before you go to bed as well. I am finding that this helps trigger memories from the game that are linked with that particular scent (from smelling it while playing).

some good incense here…

themagickdragon.safeshopper.com/10/106.htm?717

I’ve tried incenses they are nice only problem is if you use them make sure to get a water wet towel wipe your eyes because the smoke can irritate the eyes and then your eyes become sensitive to dirty air or something like that. Thats why I don’t like incenses anymore I prefer them in oil form. I haven’t tried any that can produce Ld’s I even tried dried mugwort smoked/drank as tea no effect. However some interesting ones to investigate is helichrysum undiluted oil just a toothpick dose on your nose (if you want your body to produce a lot of electricity literally) and also the same with agarwood incense or oil (only from www.herbco.com if you find a cheaper place to buy this let me know.

Thanks, weagle. I am finding my eyes a little irritated by the smoke and have been planning to get some oils. Just gotta get myself to the store. I am curious about the WILD lettuce. How do you feel after you drink it? Does it give you a buzz, or make you feel relaxed? I am just wondering. I am rather uncomfortable about ingesting unfamiliar things.

I would like to hear some more opinions on the use of scents for dream induction. It seems to me that the best way to use them (in whatever form you use) is once while doing or thinking about something that you want to dream about, and again before bed. This way your brain associates this scent with whatever you were doing or thinking. Of course, this effect will be heightened if you set your mind to remember the scent while dreaming. Anyway, I am still experimenting with this and trying to get through the mental blocks but I think there is something to this. Are there any good articles on this subject that any of you know of?

I think faith is the first foremost important the reason why we can’t go lucid is because what we see in the dream looks like something that is normal. If you do something in the physical world it’ll reflect the dreamworld ie one can go lucid if they stare at objects at a dream then realize its a dream awareness increases, try doing that in real-life or do reality checks ie look at objects say to yourself am I dreaming? Or you can say a faith thing I will be conscious while I’m dreaming. Then again if you take herbs like wild lettuce it sort of makes it easier to lucid still not a guarantee but the best herb so far that works far better than other herbs. Wild Lettuce is similar to regular lettuce the chemical from the white stem we throw away from the regular lettuce thats the main ingredient just in wild lettuce its many more times potent and therapeutic its a stronger sedative it gives you a moderate trance like state you don’t think too much and very very relaxed. After you drink it you will notice its effect within 5 minutes and lasts a couple hours if you drink this before you go to sleep it’ll help trigger lucid dreams, you could try the technique some say ie sleep 6 hours wake up wash your face stay up for 45mins-1hour I haven’t tried adding the wild lettuce tea drink that could enhance it even more then fall back to sleep for the next 2 hours this helps trigger lucid dreams as well because your mind is awake but body still will fall asleep so you may remain conscious thus lucid dream.

thanks again, weagle :beer: