Introducing Myself

Hello, have just joined this forum and I wanted to say hi.

I am from the UK, and I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now, reading various methods and ideas about Lucid Dreaming and trying various things out.

Things I have tried out so far:
1 - Looking at my hands
2 - Constantly asking “Am I dreaming?”
3 - Viewing the swirly subliminal pattern thingy, both with and without the Brainwave Generator.
4 - Doing various reality checks, like switching the light on and off and trying to put my hand through my wall.
5 - Installing a Subliminal Messages program, which I set up to display things about Lucid Dreaming subliminally to me while I am doing things on the computer.
6 - I also write down most dreams I can remember.

I have not had a lucid dream as such yet, although I know that for some people it can take a while and you just have to keep trying until it happens.

HOWEVER, I have noticed a subtle change in my awareness during some dreams, where it’s almost like I am constantly halfway there but not quite. Also, the night before last, I had a false awakening kind of thing, where I dreamt that I woke up and immediately thought to myself “I must remember what I just dreamt and write it down,” but then I drifted away again and had some another dream (something bizarre about my dad having a different hair style and wearing ripped jeans). But the fact that I had this kind of false awakening where my mind immediately thought about the subject of dreaming, I feel is a really positive sign that I am getting closer to finally becoming fully Lucid.

Also, a week or so ago, I went for a walk in the woods, and I lay down in amongst the trees for a while, thinking about lucid dreaming and stuff. I was probably led down for about 15 or 20 minutes. Nothing happened, but when I got back up and walked about, I was still in a kind of sleepy hazy state of mind, and I got a bit lost in the woods and ended up in this bit I didn’t recognise, and for about half a minute I was nearly convinced I was actually dreaming because I didn’t recognise it and I thought I knew those woods really well.

Ah well, that’s enough blabering on for now. I just wanted to finally join this place, and greet you all and tell you what stage I’m at with this whole Lucid thing.

Kind regards and happy dreaming,
Ed. :cool:

Welcome to the forums! :smile:
Sounds like your on your way with lucid dreaming.

Yup, your very close, everytime you think about dreaming, do a RC, its amazing how many time Ive could havce been lucid…if i only did a RC while thinking or disscussing dreams while dreaming.

Also, make sure youve learn the ways to stay clam, and stablize the dream, this will make your first dream last longer.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

You’re doing a lot - good! You’re close, welcome to the forums!

Oh and give me the link to this ‘Subliminal Messages,’ it sounds interesting.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the possitive thoughts and stuff.

I can’t remember where I got it from, but I still have the exe file. It’s about 2.4MB in size. I could either send it via e-mail, or upload it to some webspace and post a link, what do you think? It is Freeware, so it would be totally fine to do that.

It’s a useful little program. You can get it to display whatever you want, and the little snippets of text flash up really quickly at different points round the screen at set intervals. Sometimes you are aware of something flashing up, but you can never have time to actually conciously read the words.

To quote a section from the Help file that comes with it:
“I got the idea from some research that was done on subliminal messages and the format they used to convey them. You can add messages of your own or use study material for easier memorization. In fact, I copied exactly what the ‘experts’ do to deliver subliminal messages straight into your subconcious.”

Oh by the way, even before I found this forum and decided to try to have proper lucid dreams, I have had a few isolated strange night time experiences that have happened spontaniously. I’m not sure if I’d call them proper lucid dreams as such, but this is what happened…

First of all, a while ago, say about a year and a half ago or something, I had two totally identical night time experiences in the same week, a few days apart.

What happened was, I woke up into a kind of sleep paralysis kind of thing, where I could see the dark room around me really clearly but I couldn’t move. I also felt a weird sensation in my chest, kind of like a pressure, but really strange. I found that the more I concentrated on this sensation, the more intense it became, really really intense, but the strange thing was, it was neither pleasure nor pain, it was just an extreme sensation that was neither.

Around that time I had been reading about the concept of Out of Body Experiences. Within this spontaneous night time experience, from out of nowhere I suddenly became overwhelmed by the feeling that if I concentrated on this feeling in my chest enough, I would get pulled out of my body.

I concentrated on the feeling in my chest, it got more intense, I actually felt a kind of strange pull sensation, I concentrated more and more, and the feeling in my chest got more and more intense, but eventually I totally stopped because the feeling got so intense that I felt like I was almost going to explode. I somehow “knew” that if I could somehow manage to get past this barrier, I would float up, but I just could get past it, it was too much, so I gave up and went back to sleep.

A few days later, in the same week, I had the EXACT same experience again, completely identical, same thoughts while doing, everything the same, but with the addition of the memory of the previous incident. I even went to the exact same point with it, and gave up at the same point for the same reason.

I’ve not experienced anything quite like this since. It really was intense.

A few months later though, I dreamt that I was awake in bed, and that my mum came in and tickled my feet or something. I actually thought this was a real event, and was shocked the next morning to discover that my mum knew nothing about it, so it must have been a dream.

Also, going back to when I was a really small kid (I’m 24 now), I have this memory of lying on the sofa on a hot summers say, the window open, and somehow believing (because I was so young) that I would be able to float out the window, and I remember a sensation of floating up and then floating feet first out the window. It’s amazing what can happen with your mind when you haven’t been properely taught the limits of reality.

Ed. :cool:

I think I found it, here’s the download page: infinn.com/subliminaldownload.html

No, that doesn’t look like it’s the same program, although it probably does the same kind of thing. Mine’s not called Self Help Subliminals, it’s called Subliminal Messages.

Let me know how you get on with that one, plus the offers still open for anyone to have my one.

:smile:

Ed.