Why Mint Tea will help YOU recall dreams [part I]

…ok, so no i have an expiriment about it too. i just had to buy this “famous” lipton mint tea :grin: . so no peppermint :grin: … i’ve had it in three nights a row, and somehow it didnt affect in anything. maybe i had it in a wrong way or wrong time… i dunno. my dream recall was completely normal. so, i think it it’s plasebo-thing. sure it relaxed me and i slept well…

…and i’ll keep drinking it, cos it tastes so yummy :tongue:

This is certainly proving to be an interesting topic, and I will have to give the mint tea a go. I used to drink it every morning, but I will have to try some before I go to sleep. I can’t stand it without any sugar in, though.

I was given some mint last year to grow in pots and I must have at least five different varieties - Spearmint, peppermint, lemon mint, pineapple mint + others. The problem is that I don’t know which is which. Maybe I will just have to try them all :content: . I will have to wait till spring now because it dies off in the winter.

OK. I will try it one more time with no sugar :grin: If it has the good effects I have read about, perhaps I will try it this way more often. I will just have to remember to get those teabags now!

hey chosenoe! it worked! i mean i think it did… i had it last night, and this time i didnt add any sugar, and it was stong :cool: … then i get to sleep right after drinking it. and yeah, it was REAL mint, so no pepper :smile:

… so, at the morning, my recall was amazing!! i remembered five dreams and they were so really vivid and clear, plus two, witch werent so clear. anyway, it was much more than usually! no lds though, but that doesnt surprise me… :smile:

so thanks for all the info and everything. nice…

Whoa, really staggering reports. I don’t get it how you people remember so dreams. At tops, I’ve remembered 3 dreams, once. Usually it’s 1, 2 or nothing :razz:

But then again I don’t write a dream diary (we’re working on one, then the logging shall begin) nor do I meditate… maybe I should begin :smile:

Well, I’ve tried the mint tea thing three nights in a row now (minus the sugar!). The first night there was no noteable noticable difference.

The last two nights, I have recalled dreams from the last REM period of the night in such detail. This was with peppermint tea, by the way, so maybe this has the same effect. I’m going to carry on for a week with the mint tea, then try a week without and compare the results. I will keep you posted on how this goes.

Sounds good, you should also try “Lipton Mint Tea” this has the sort of mint that I can vouch to help, maybe compare if it has even more ‘potential’ at helping to remember dreams.

I emailed Lipton about the content of their “Mint” tea. Unfortunately, they did not reply. Good customer support… :eh:

Sprig - one of the ends of a branch containing maybe 3 or more leaves…I think these are used mainly as a garnish…like a sprig of parsley on a meal for example.

:eh: …use honey instead of sugar if you need to sweeten your tea

one question, is mint tea the same as peppermint tea? cause i got liptons 100% peppermint tea. i think its the same…isn’t it… :eh:

wait a tic, just saw ben7’s message about peppermint, never mind :bored:

well i tried it and had some very interesting results. although i had only 1 dream, it was the longest dream i’ve ever had i swear. it just kept going and going for what seemed like an hour. also, it broke my habits in dreams. for example, i have lots of war like dreams yet i never kill or fight anyone. however, last night, i was killing people like there was no tommorrow. and thats with peppermint so itd be interesting to see what mint can do

I’d say it ENHANCES every aspect of a dream, membrance, activity, etc.

I’ve been drinking mint tea every day for over a month and when I go off of it my recall drops… addiction? LOL :smile: Mint tea rules - I got rid of a flu in 1 day with it.

I bought myself a peppermint/spearmint tea… by the way, I never drank the tea until the cup’s empty before (yeah I tasted other type of tea before and they all tasted HORRIBLE!). I tried it two time in a row… my results aren’t as pleasing as I thought it would…

1st night: I had hard time drinking the tea because it was horrible, but I force myself to drink. Finally I give up and added the sugar in. Didn’t help at all. I started to feel a bit weird and I found that my imagination intends to be vivid after about 5 minutes of my inital drink. I started to feel a bit weird… I went to bed with no dream recalls. :sad:

2nd night: I started to love the smell of spearmint and peppermint… something I thought was too strong from 1st night. It wasn’t not strong for me, in fact… I was very excited to drink it. I drank the whole cup without gagging! No sugar either! Not as bad as it was on 1st night when I gag everytime I drank it lol. I began to feel “high” from it lol… and went to bed with a bit of dream recalls (still bad).

My conclusion so far is that maybe the effects only can be effective when you have been doing it for a while like other herbal tea where it is only benefitial when you drink it for a very long time. And I believe that it’s excellent time to get inspired while I drink my tea… I have found that I become more creativy for some reasons. I’ll continue and put down the results. I’m going to try again tonight.

I’m thinking about buying Lipton Mint tea… the food store that I went to buy mint tea… they didn’t have Lipton Mint tea. :sad: Maybe later, I will try again and compare the results with Spearmint/peppermint tea and Lipton Mint Tea.

Anyone of you get “high” from drinking that mint tea? Maybe I’m too senstive? lol :wink:

Nope…I don’t get a high from mint tea.

Maybe your senses were heightened a little…on the packs I have here, they read; heightens the senses, invigorates the palate, and aids in digestion!
:blush:

3rd night: I drank the same kind of tea and went to bed a bit longer than I thought I would… within 5 minutes (not too long anyways). Anyways, I fell asleep and don’t remember my dreams until my 2 last dreams and they’re all vivid. I didn’t write mine down to see how long it lasts… I went to school and forgot all about my dreams and came back home. I still remember them vividly. I’m quite pleased at how long I can remember it even though I didn’t think about it all day. :smile: My dream recall seems to increase barely (5%). I even had one LD! :wink: I didn’t do anything except saying, “Oh I will have a LD. I’m so sure of it,” once last night. :wink:

Conclusion: It seems to be the same conclusion as I have mentioned before. I have asked my mom to look for Lipton Mint tea so I can try it and compare the results since I’m out of peppermint/spearmint tea already! :happy:

I’m addicted to tea now! I’m weird! In fact I’m drinking orange w/ spice flavored tea right now. :happy:

:smile:

I had the most wicked hypnagogic halucinations yesterday while trying to get to sleep.
I had drunk the strongest brew of mint tea I have ever had…I was trying to get a high from it…lol.
Anyways, as I was lying there I was experiencing some wicked auditory hallucinations, they are hard to explain, just random noises increasing in volume and speed and such, like a helicopter noise of the noise of an engine idleing and then increasing in speed and noise.
Was pretty cool!!
Only very subtle visuals though, sort of black and white…actually shades of grey…just random shapes, flames and faces etc.

Strong is the way to go!!
Will be drinking it that strong again today before I sleep.

:clown: :spinning: :clown: :rofl: lol:

how did you make it stronger???

I have a mini tea-pot.
It has a wire basket inside for your leaves.
I filled the basket to the top with ‘Liptons Mint Tea’ leaves…about 3 times more than the recommended quantity.
I also added a ‘Twinings Mint Tea’ teabag to the pot just for extra strength.
Filled with boiling water and then left it to sit for about 2 hours, it was cold by then…but I like it cold or hot, actually I prefer cold.
It was very dark and had a very strong taste.

As I said, I’m currently repeating this experiment as I type this…to see if the hypnagogia thing happens again.
Will report back in a few hours with results…good or bad.
:sleep: