hazy dream problem

After recalling several of my dreams in detail i notice a problem i am having that prevents me from becoming lucid. My dreams are hazy! There are several moments of clarity like staring into a jar filled with raisins and bright red peppers. But otherwise, peoples faces and my surroundings are hazy. but during the dream i never question the haziness…I have thought about that perhaps this is how i go through my waking life without ever questioning the haziness…but i have no idea on how to work on it. Another thought i had, even though my vision is not that bad and i only wear glasses or contact lenses on certain occasions…can this play a factor in dreams?

After reading that, i just wanted to know what hazziness to you?When you see hazziness, whats thats consider, blur? Do you get any hypontic imagery or do you just fall into a deep sleep and remember most recall the next day?

I feel some type of connection of hazzy, but thats only b/c i am sedated before i sleep …hahaha… :beer:

hmm maybe it’s deep sleep although i have not taken any sedatives. But this is not how i would describe the haziness…the dream obviously was not lucid so i couldn’t really tell you how i felt during it, but in my recollection, even though i remember the chronological events very well and all the details…it just seems unattached to me…and when i try to visualize (when i was writing it down in my journal) it was almost static like which kinda gave me the idea on why i could not recognize it was a dream because during it i was not “tuned in” in order to have a fully functioning awareness to perform the reality check…that’s how i see it…Any ideas?

How long have you been trying for? My guess is, that it seems like the begining under your view, and its a start to progression. Everyday is another step, and when you start to graph or write you dreams down, you;ll see what you primarly have sequents of, or repeating. I just dont know how long you have been expermenting, and if you just started, i can tell you now, its to early to tell whats that static is. Maybe just mumble recall?

Are you sure it’s your dreams that are hazy, and not just your memory of them? If it is indeed your dreams, then perhaps you could investigate using this as a dreamsign. My advice is to develop a new kind of reality check. Every so often, just look at something and take notice of how clear and sharp it is. If it’s blurry (assuming you don’t need glasses) then you might be dreaming.

you right i just started experimenting and the haziness may be coming from my memory and not the dream. I been primarily experimenting with an alarm clock that i set about an hour and a half past the time i fall asleep. I ordered the NovaDreamer, hopefully this will help me more in my quest. Thank you for all your suggestions. One thing i notice, now this may be a false perception, but the alarm never wakes me up…i would wake up always about 30 minutes after the time it was set for. However every dream has a bright red symbol in it, like a book or a pepper…can the sound of the alarm transform itself into a color in a dream? or is this too far fetched?

If the alarm did influence your dreams instead of waking you up, I would assume that it would take the form of an audial alert, rather than visual. You never know though, it wouldn’t be the weirdest thing I’ve read about on this forum. :content:

Sounds to me like you need a louder alarm, anyway. :wink:

hmm perhaps i do need an alarm clock i am not used to…is the novadreamer loud?

i have had that hazzieness to. although i thought it was my recall but the next night mmy dream was hazy and i went lucid and it was still hazy so i asked some1 there why it was so and they told me i was tired lol oh well

Hmmm because you were tired? Well true or not that’s a sound theory, after all if you are tired it does effect your memory and recall abilities.

Maybe if you’re tired it make’s Lucid Dreaming harder… after all they say the best time to LD is after you wake up.

i have hazy dreams, too. and i think for me it’s a combination of being not-lucid, and not-remembering them. but i started getting lucid recently, and i’ve been working on making the dream less hazy- i sometimes dream about my eyes being squinted, etc. i think that comes from a shift toward more awareness. so if your brain is noticing haziness, it might be a good sign. it might mean your brain is working on a newfound awareness about dreaming, and will start trying to make things clearer on its own. just a theory, anyway.
keep sleeping :smile:
ian

Can someone please define in detail the explanation of what exactly hypnogogic imagery is. Is it just flashes of things in your head or what?

My dreams are also quite hazy in parts as far as the detal goes NOT the actual situtations or story of the dream just the overall detail and picture. What can be done - or will clarity come over time?

Help Me Pleeze

Late,
:tongue:

my dreams are hazy as well, but i think it’s only my recollection of them. because if i think about it, the dreams seem like they were clear, but when i think back on it they seem hazy in my mind(if you know what i mean… :eh: ). also, whenever i have realized im dreaming i get a rush and the dream immediately gets extremely clear, clearer than i would say real life is(and i have great vision :eek: ).

so, are your dreams hazy when your lucid as well? if not, then maybe they are clear you just don’t realize it till you realize your dreaming.

Yea, you are probably right. We just remember them hazy cause we didn’t know it was a dream when it was happening. I am going to try to build my dream recall, what can I do?

Thanks

well the biggest helper for increasing dream recall is the dream journal. if you keep track of all dreams and dream fractions that you remember than your dream recall should just get better and better. so just in case you don’t already, start keeping one… it’s a must.

than there is always the act of intending to remember your dreams before going to sleep. i heard that it’s very successfull to keep telling yourself for about 10 minutes that you will have a lucid dream before falling asleep. i haven’t personally tried it, but those that have reported having many vivid dreams that night, so you could give it a try. i think i will to :content: . good luck with the recall, if you do these things im sure you’ll never stop progressing with it.