New here? shake hands with the rest of us :) [II]

Hi all, I’m from Belgium, 21 years old.
I’ve been interested in LD almost a year now. Now I have a LD every 3 or 4 days, but unfortunately they never last long :sad: I just have to keep practicing I guess :content: Great site!

Hey, my name is Kanisa (it’s pronounced Kuh~Nee~Suh) and I’m 13 years old. I’ve been into lucid dreaming for about 2 months now. I think it’s really cool and I luv this site. I’ve learned a lot from it and have had 6 lucid dreams so far. Thanks pasQuale :content:
§kani§a§

Hello. A newbie from the cold land of Finland here. I did’t yeat have time to read the other replyes in this thread, but I can tell already that this site is very interesting and already it has given me a reason to go to bed and not to stay awake :smile: Not meaning that in the wrong way, I mean sometimes I just hang around the net doing pretty much nothing cause I feel like I might be wasting something by…oh who I’m I kidding. It has become an habbit to stay awake for me. And That is what this site already has changed. So I’ll go get a class of milk now and head to my almost new bed…consentrate on my hand while drinking the milk…and doing one thing that I think helped me achieve an almost lucid dream last night: I said the “movie-hypnosic-sentence” to myself before going to sleep…not in loud but in my mind and it went something like: 1. Your eyes are getting heavy 2.you become more relaxed 3. You can’t strugle anymore cause your eyes are to heavy 4. Your going into a deeper sleep 5. You are in a relaxed, comfy sleep now
attention though: not sure was it this or the fact that I had seen Terminator 2 a while ago that made me see a nightmare about terminators chaching me…but the last part of that…after I had woken once was kinda like a lucid dream.
Now I know what to say to Arnold next time he appears.
And finally, again to be said, this is a very good site.

Hey everybody,

Finally, after a few months of reading posts on this forum with utter fascination, I’ve worked up the courage to join the fray. I first started to get seriously interested in lucid dreaming after seeing Richard Linklater’s wonderful film ‘Waking Life’, and I soon found my way to this site. A huge great big ‘thank you!’ to everyone involved in putting this site together - it has been invaluable, and I would no doubt still be having normal old dreams without it. I’m only taking my first few tentative steps into lucidity, but I hope I am able to add something interesting to the amazing discussions on these pages…

hallo. i’m in my mid-teens, girl, and after ‘accidentally’ having a lucid dream i’m curious + keen to have more. i feel i’m getting very close, even though i have not been able to successfully self-induce one yet (only been trying for four nights, and on the second i almost reached lucidity twice. . .).

i’m very much into art and writing (although, usually i keep my pieces to myself), so obviously dreams and the subconcious fascinate me, and often provide me with inspiration.

Hi from Australia!

My name’s Dave but you can call me Sparx (it’s a long story). I first came across this site over a year ago, but this thing called life distracted me from coming back since then :wink: I was pleasantly surprised to see this new forum since my last visit.

After studying consciousness, dreams and spirituality as a hobby for about 15 years, I recently decided I love this stuff more than my job, so I’m seriously considering making it my job. What a wake up call! Anyway, thanks to sites such as this I have plenty of info to help me investigate possible options.

I have regular vivid dreams, I remember them all very clearly, but I’ve never had a lucid one - much to my frustration. Maybe if I hang around here long enough I will :cool:

Cheers,
Sparx

hi my names steven i was born in september 1978, live in australia . As my nickname suggests i like anime including rorouni kenshin. Im 15 years old. I only really just found on how to have this stuff and have only had one when i was younger by accident or something and am hoping to have more. i found the link to this site of gamefaqs (someone posted it there) so this is my first day on the site too.

Hi i am Diana, 23, from NYC. I been interested in lucid dreaming for a few years now but neve really got the chance to experiment. Now that i find myself unemployed i have all the time in the world to devote myself to this one skill i always wanted to posses. After doing the exercises listed on this and other LD pages i am now at least able to remember my dreams in full length and detail. Perhaps i am on my way to LDing soon.

hello
my name is gavin. i’m nineteen years old and i live in the united states. i’ve recently made lucid dreaming a hobby of mine inspired in part by the movie “waking life” as well as access to a hemisync cd from a friend. i’ve started my dream journal and have ordered some books on lucid dreaming with the hopes of inducing one in the near future. i plan to stick with it knowing that these things take time and i look forward to seeing what information all of you have to share. thanks.

Uh… yeah. Hi, I guess. I’ve been recording my dreams for several months, about three months ago though I reformatted hard drive, lost journal, stopped recording. I’ve recently gotten interested in LDing again, though. I mainly hope it will help inspire my writing… I’m 16, btw

Hi everyone, my name is Joel and i’m 17, living in Green ol’ New Zealand. My nickname is sort of inspired by my animal totem, of whom I met in meditation some few months ago. :smile:
I’ve been recording and studying about dreams for about a year now, ever since a friend who is a born Lucid Dreamer told me about her experiances. Being somewhat skeptical, I wasn’t sure if I believed her, but then I talked to her boyfriend and he could do it to. Well, I thought I had better do some research and find out what all this dream business was about. Soon I started recalling dreams, having FA’s, and even a Lucid Dream as I mentioned in another thread. After a while things got a bit ontop of me, and I was too tired to concentrate on everything so I dropped it for a few months. Now i’ve rediscovered this brilliant site, and decided to try and get back into it all. Only a few days into it and already remembering 2-3 dreams a night again. :cheesy:
(So that I have time in the morning to record all my dream details, I’m hoping to either be gettingsoon A) a Laptop or B) a book on learning shorthand :tongue: )

It’s good to be back, and look forward to reading the posts on this site as well as putting in some imput here and there myself.

I’m so glad to hear that I’m not the only one in NZ that has heard of lucid dreaming…perhaps we can convince some people that it is a viable alternative to watching rugby. Who knows.

Hi, I am from TURKEY :content:

I am interested in dreams lately and understand that I have lucid, clairvoyant, cametrue dreams all my life.

Nice place. Have best dreams.

Elif :neutral:

Hi! :content: My names Secreta. I’m fourteen years old and live in Alberta, Canada. I first got interested in LDing roughly under a year ago, when somebody mentioned lucid dreaming and I searched it up just because I didn’t know what it meant. You don’t know how glad I am that I did. Since then I have been a frequent LDer (mostly WILDs) and I’ve found out more about myself since then than I could have hoped to in an entire lifetime. I actually just had my first couple of false awakenings this morning!!! Yay. I’m interested in religion, philosohy, physics, and of course quantum mechanics. :tongue: In this span of a year when I first became interested in the astral plane, I’ve learned to astral project as well as LD.
I write short stories, (Lucid dreaming has come in handy with that) I play the piano (somewhat, self taught) and I love art.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I’ve only gone lucid once but it did not last long and I was not in complete control. I used to lurk aroud this site a lot as it was the first site I liked that was about lucidity. Well I lost interest and then had that LD, and regained interest. Now I’m back yet again and love the new forums.

Sweet dreams!

Greetings! I’ve been into lucid dreaming off and on for quite a while now, but have never gotten very far because of school and a bunch of other time consuming things. Finally, I have a semester off, so am planning on really pursuing LDing. I’ve had some uncanny experiences with prophetic dreams and am really interested in exploring the dream world.

Oh, and I’m 22, male, a Tolkien fan, and live in the united states.

Hello,

I’m from the Cayman Islands. I’ve only had two LD’s before, but I am ready for more.

Nice website pasQuale!

See you. :content:

Greetings —

I’ve been fascinated by my dreams for a long time (and bored my friends with detailed accounts of every blade of grass in them, too…). I am doing a project on the subconscious mind for a class, and I stumbled upon lucidity.com while doing research. I thought it was really interesting (not to mention I had my first LD 5 days after that, and a 2nd another 5 days later, which really hooked me.) I found this site a little bit later (just a few days ago), and ever since I’ve been enjoying its greatness. :grin:

It’s nice to meet everyone,

Pinkster :lmao:

Part II has ended and Part III has been started here:
New here? shake hands with the rest of us :smile: [III]