My FIRST LD!

I am new to this forum but have read posts a few times.
Here is my vague recall of my dream:

I was having some weird dream that I was in a car or bus with these strange people. and it just all seemed very confusing and odd & I felt very off and out of place…I said to myself “What the hell is going on???” then suddenly I said “Hey wait, am I dreaming?”

I tried to change the environment but it wasn’t working. I spotted a digital clock up front on dashboard and it said 11:00 I looked away & looked back at it & it said 9:00. Thats when I realized it was a dream.

I wanted to get off this bus and suddenly it stopped in front of someplace that looked like my house but all I remember is seeing stairs going up inside. I got off and felt very excited but I told myself to calm down so I don’t mess things up & wake up or something.

I was so interested it every detAil and listening to everything people said saw these two people talking about glass and something about carreers in glass and saw some clear bandaids on a table. Everything was so vivid & real…then the phone rang & I woke up…
Started losing lotsa details about dream and so mad I woke up!

I haven’t been keeping a very good dream jornal but I have done the reality checks thing which is probably the reason I did it in the dream.
This happened after I woke up from an alarm to set the VCR to record something and 10min later went back to sleep & had the lucid dream.

I also took a Zanax tranquilizer before going to bed last night cuz I had been having trouble sleeping. I hardly ever take these. The last time I took one was about a year ago…maybe thats why I became lucid??

What could have triggered it this time?
I haven’t been thinking about dreaming a lot lately either so could it be the medication? The month of reality checks (not consistent but I do them at least 4 times a day sometimes more) or the waking & going back to sleep?

Just curious… :wiske:

From my experience, sometimes I’ll stop doing RCs and keeping my journal, but will have a ‘random’ LD like you did maybe a month after having stopped. Maybe it’s just chance or maybe it’s a combination of all the things you mentioned. Well, at least now you KNOW that you can have LDs, so congratulations!

very good…congrats on your firts LD, I hope you have many more…

Thanx! I’m so excited …
now I probably won’t have one again …but I hope I do!

It was the most exciting thing ever! :cool_laugh:

nah im sure you’ll have more…i had my second after 2 weeks…some have it in less time…just dont loose sleep over it…hehe

Congrats!

You will have other LDs I am sure. Just be patient and try and do the same thing you did… and somehow try and promote your LDs. :wink:

Experiments with techniques as well. :smile: That’s all I can suggest. Congrats again.