Your Dreamscape?

A lot of my LDs reside in the house I grew up in - I haven’t lived there for seven years! Also, they usually begin in the living room. I guess you start out where you’re most comfortable.

yeah its a bit wierd though, last nights dream happened on the blacony that we only got built a year ago, though sometimes i dream i’m at my grandmas place, i go outside and my house is across the street when infact its a few kilometers away

I have a dreamscape, but I seem to normally forget to go there when I become lucid.

It has a nice beach, like on a tropical island, and then inland there is a small sortof desert city, a bit like eygpt I guess, and then it goes on to green rolling hills and country land where my house is, its just a small cosy cottage, with my girlfriend waiting inside… :wink: .

so i take it none of you have a dreamscape that you visit regularly? i figured that it would be more common. what about Zaereus(sp?) he has his own dreamcharacter… and wasnt there someone who spent several dream years in a dream who built his own world. i dont remember his name. but i do remember reading his post because i began getting lucid once or twice a month.

Well, all my lds starts from my home and I have difficulties to get somewhere else, so usually I wonder around in that real world enviroment.

I have created a small-sized island to be my no1 dreamscape.
It’s a silent tropical island with all kinds of stuff on it (I mean nature). Palmtrees, jungles, white beaches, mounain ridges, waterfalls and last but not least my own ‘house’. This house is situated on top of a sort of mountain in the middle of the island.

I’ve created this dreamscape while awake, using memories of dreams I had and pasted these dreamscapes together and form an island, very cool.

Does anyone of you guys/gals have something like this?!?

Yeah, dutchthor, that sounds kinda similar to mine :smile: .

I have dreams wherein I go to places that I have been to before in other dreams… that is, they are places that don’t exist in reality that I have dreamed about on more than one occasion. Sometimes I even recall what I did last time I was there… like if I dream I was being chased through a city street and then dream of that same street a few months down the road I will remember being chased. Which is weird.

I had this one dream where I was at my grandfathers house and somehow the barn was connected to the ocean. Except… the ocean was only five or six feet deep all the way across. The sand was perfect and fine and the water was warm in the sun. There were no dangerous/scary things in it that I usually dream about… crabs, eels, sharks, whatever. I just swam in the warm lovely water… could actually feel the warm sun hitting me. I wish I could go back there over and over.

I think that if I could go to one locale in my dreams repeatedly it would be the string of Islands from the Monkey Island Adveture game series. I love the settings of those games.

Yo Jabbervock,
Tell me more about your island, I like to compare mine to yours.
Have you drew a map of it? I did… it really looks cool, and the isle is very detailed…

!AYE!

My dreamscape is MadWorld. Which is where my comic book takes place. I’ve had MadWorld as long as I’ve been able to LD. It just takes concistancy, and writing it out in a notebook helps. It would be easier for you to know about my dreamescape from my comic than from me. So I’ll just wait until I chance upon a decent scanner so you all can see it. Another tip, try to become emotionally attached to this dreamscape, like you would your blankey or PS2.

hah! i thought i remembered you saying soemthign about a comic. i dont see how you cant become emotionally attached to a dreamworld… sometimes im not sure which is more fun, reality or my as of yet untitled world. ill think of a name of it soon.

To a certain extent, everyone is attached to their dreamescape, but we must acheive a higher level of it. To the extent that you feel sad when you aren’t dreaming. This of course is boarder line whacko, but hey it’s worth it isn’t it? :roll:

Hah! :cool_laugh:

Indeed it is worth it, Zaerus.

18 hours of sleep each night, waking occasionally to eat and attend other necessary activities. Hell, sounds good to me :smile:

Oy mate, I’ll toke to that :cool:

:beer:

If anyone is looking for an interesting dreamscape to visit, perhaps they can help me out. Does anyone know the work of artist M. C. Escher? He drew, amoungst other things, some pretty improbable architicture - things like neverending flights of stairs that ascend to their own begining… in an etching called ‘Relativity’, from 1953, faceless people are moving about in a crazy building where walls, floors, and ceilings are all interchangeable. This is my favourite of his pictures, and I really want to try to visit this impossible physical space in a lucid dream…but alas, I am still getting to grips with simply having lucid dreams, let alone directing them whichever way I please. One day I’ll get there, but in the mean time if anyone who is more experienced wants to try to visit the place depicted in ‘Relativity’, or any other Esher drawing, I’d be hugely interested to hear about what you find. His drawings work because of 2D optical tricks, and I’d love to know what the subconcious mind would come up with in trying to translate them to a 3D dreamscape…

This isn’t the kind of thread some one who hasn’t obtained consistant lucidity should be writing on. For tips on how to do so check elsewhere. Not trying to bash on you or anything, but, you know.

Geesh Zaerus! :neutral: That was rude. Did you read his post? He asked if someone here could visit a M. C. Escher type dreamscape and reply with how the dreamscape looks.

If you have “consistant lucidity” why don’t you take up the challenge and share with us a LD from a M.C. Escher painting? It would certainly be interesting. I also like Escher’s drawings but I’ve never visited a dreamscape that looked like one.

I would also like to know the answer to:
“His drawings work because of 2D optical tricks, and I’d love to know what the subconcious mind would come up with in trying to translate them to a 3D dreamscape…”

Why don’t a pro like yourself try such an interesting and yet almost impossible suggestion for a dreamscape.

Who is better to ask than the pros. I think this is the perfect thread for their post.

Cheers DreamAddict, no cheers Zaerus. Thinking that it is always better to add onto a thread rather than start a new one, I spent a while looking for somewhere that my post might be relevant, and this was the thread I decided on. I’ll just start a new topic next time and be done with it.

While the challenge you have offered me would be something fresh for me to try, I’ll decline. And as for calling me a “pro”, I think natural would be better suited to me. A pro is someone who has earned their skill. I have always had mine. I don’t think it’s fair to the real pros to call me one, am I right? :confused: And as I said, I had no intentions of sounding rude. But, none the less, if that’s how my post was percieved, then I extend to you, thefool my sincere apologies. Although, it would be interesting to use my art to…nah q=

better incentive for the fool to practice for LDs himself.
It’s better anyways to experience first hand than to read a description.