How often do you look over your dream journal?

After about a week of recording all of my dreams, I can no longer memorize due to the overflow opf information. So I was just wondering how often you guys check over oyur previous dreams and when? I am starting to become more attached to my journal now, which I think is a good thing at least.

Every few weeks I look over dreams in the journal I’m currently using, and I go over dreamsigns, weird stuff, things like that. I have built up about 10 dream journals, so I dont look over all of them very often. Usually I just review the lucid dreams in these old journals.

I go back over my journal occasionally. I also mentally relive important dreams quite often, which I have committed to memory. Heck…After 4 years of actively researching my dreams I am definitely starting to believe my whole life is one! My mind feels like it is being put through a strainer at times…I focus on dreaming and things mental so much now, that I think I am suffering from a form of mental fatigue! Being “aware” of my dreams has become a full time job, though I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Lucidity is a worthwhile goal :smile:

i have a great memory for dreams.

I can still remember in good details dreams i had 5 yrs ago, the ones i really liked i mean or meant something to me.

I read my dream diary when i have the urge to remind myself of a particular dream, i have mine on a floppy disk for my old word proccessor so finding a particular dream is easy.

I love to read through my old dream journals, and do this every few months. Last year, I undertook the major operation of typing all of my dreams I’ve ever written down onto my computer.

I wrote some dreams down as long ago as 1989, but re-reading them I can still feel and see the images from the time. I’m sure they are all stored in there somewhere.

I just started a couple of weeks ago, but I think reading over the journal every day really helped me stay on point and focused.
Over winter break, I sort of stopped reading my journal, and didn’t dream lucid.
But just last night, I looked over my journal before bed, and I had 2 lucid dreams.
I think reading over and trying to memorize my dreams is a lot of fun, and I find myself remembering strange things and making mental connections and I’m not sure why… it’s a good kind of RC… it helps me stay confused.
Ian

I see you people being active with your diary, and I have a question for you: would you be interested in an online dream diary? I’m planning to make one myself but I’m afraid nobody will use it… :eh:

https://www.supersparkie.nl/godd.doc for more info.

I dunno if I’d use it, but I’m sure there are lots who would. I think its a good idea.

Hmm, today I read something about this program called DreamAnswers. Anybody know it? You can find it here dreamanswers.com/demo/ but it looks rather expensive but (over) complete.

Yeah, interesting. I’ve been thinking about how people interpret dreams recently. I wonder how much a software program could do. Found this cool interview with Paul Kugler in the Association for the Study of Dreams magazine (Dream Time) website.
asdreams.org/magazine/articl … kugler.htm

HI,

Since most of my regular dreams are nightmarish, I just rewrite the lucid ones in a permanent journal. I like to reread this journal during WBTB (my favorite method)and Im sure it helps me induce,along with the milk and bananas.

To bed to bed said sleepy head.

Thats a great idea! I would use it everyday. I hope someone gets this up and running, because this is a really good idea.

I see that everybody uses DDs to record their dreams. Is there any other way of remembering them besides writing in a DD and saying:“I will remember what my dream is when i wake up” (b4 going to sleep). ??

I dont say “I want to remember my dreams bla bla bla…”
I just remember them naturally, then I write them down, simple as that. You can recall dreams wihtout keeping a dream journal. I could always do it before I was an LDer.

I know ppl can remember them ‘naturally’…but thta’s not my case. I can hardly remember what i did yesterday! (as sad as that sounds)…how am i going 2 remember my DREAMS ?

…so why aren’t u a lucid dreamer anymore ?

i can remember a few dreams from over ten years ago, although strangly i don’t have very good recall

Kat-

I’m still a lucid dreamer, I was jsut saying I could recall dreams before I was a lucid dreamer. Lucid Dreaming is too fun to give up on. :grin:

Hey folks, to get back on topic. I’ve done some user interface design and thought about the required functionality.

I made a screenshot on how it should like when it’s finished. Take a look and let me know…

https://www.supersparkie.nl/dromen/screenshot.gif