First LD last night, but there was problem. Please help!!

I’ve sort of become lucid 4 times in my dreams ever since I got interested in lucid dreaming and started coming here. The first and second time happened in the same night as did the third and fourth.

You can skip my first and second LDs and head right to the ones I had last night if you don’t care to read them.

1st:

I was dreaming that I was in the car driving with my dad up to some place and a lot of weird things were happening road-rules-wise. Eventually we ended up on the wrong side of the road and someone trying to help crashed into us then a semi truck came down the road without seeing us there and it tried to swerve out of the way and the whole thing landed on us. So I became lucid right then because I was trying to think of a way out of this, but I couldn’t do anything because my mind was telling me I was dead, so I just woke up.

2nd; same night:

I didn’t really become lucid. To make it quick, there was a tornado and I wondered if it was a dream but decided it wasn’t.

LAST NIGHT:

Ok, so I went to sleep pretty normaly, only recently I’ve been sleeping with the TV on because it helps me a lot to fall asleep easier and faster. For 3 days before I started doing it I was totally losing sleep.

So anyway, my LD. I’m pretty sure it started where I was in a sort of school (I don’t go to school) and they gave us all sheets eventually because of something that had to do with the war with Iraq, but I forget what. I get home eventually and I’m in my brother’s room on the guest be near the window and it hit me. “This is a dream!” I realized as I was looking at our front porch through the window.

I was just waiting to try stuff out, only problem was right when I realized it was a dream I got a bad feeling. I mean this is a bad feeling I only get in dreams because I don’t know how to get it in real life. It was part fear and I kind of started hurting all over and everything just felt messed up. I couldn’t go on with the dream like this, I decided, so I figured I should wake up. I awoke, confused as to why I just suddenly got that bad feeling right when I realized it was a dream.

Also that night I realized again that I was dreaming only after the dream was ending. I completely forget the dream, I just remember trying “lucidity increase x1000!” or something very along the lines of that, then woke up.

Why did I just get a really bad feeling all of a sudden? This really makes me mad :grrr: I’m thinking it might be because I have a bit of a fear of LDs and I don’t know why. At night I just get scared of sleeping and dreams and OBEs and all of that weird stuff. During the day time I think “I’m not gonna be afraid. I’m totally ready to have an LD now!” Thing is my courage suddenly drops at night time and I become scared and paranoid.

This is kind of weird that I can have LDs so easily because I don’t do anything except think and read about them. I see people that try herbs and foods and reality checks and have dream diaries and nova dreamers and on and on, but I didn’t do any of that and they seem to come pretty easy to me. I guess I’m lucky :content:

So can anyone help me with my problem? :eh:

it sounds like you are still scared, but we both know that there is nothing to be afraid of. there is no harm that it can cause you, nothing wrong can come from it.

the way i see it, you’re going to have to have a lucid dream and stick with it. you can’t wake up next time unless you can’t help it. once you’ve had the lucid dream without waking up you probably won’t be afraid of them anymore.

hope this helps, just my opinion…

To be honest this is what I think:

The fact that the LDs came to you so easily probably means that you are gifted in this area.
By gifted I mean, that you might be closer to your subconscious than some other people, or that maybe you just have a more relaxed mind about different states of consciousness. (even though you are afraid of them, subconsciously you know that it’s not so hard for you to experience them)

I believe that the fact that you are afraid, is just because in the dream state you are very close to your “inner self” and you have to potentially face many fears which you might suppress when awake.

The reason I’m saying this is that this is the way it is with me. Back in 96 I learnt very quickly to lucid dream, and after some time, my dream reacall really peaked at some 10 dreams/ night.
I also faced many frightening situations in LDs in the beginning, but I luckily I quickly started to embrace the fears instead of running away from them OR fighting them back.

Fighting the fear is a good start, but responding with love is the best way I know to terminate “evil” or threatening situations in dreams. I can’t give any concrete examples because the inner fears are manifested in so many ways in different people’s minds.

I just suggest, that when darkness rises in your dreams, you go towards it, think of light, love, happines & other nice things. If, for example, some creature attacks you, you might in the beginning, just subdue it with your mind, telling it that it’s just some part of yourself. Later on when you have learnt to face these frightening situations, you might want to progress to turning these situatuions and creatures into nice and friendful things instead of just “destroying” them.

It also helps to solve as much problems and confusion in your real life as possible since the dreams are in many ways a reflection of your waking life.
It might be hard to face the fears & problems of Yourself in dreams if your waking life is not happy and content and you have a lot of problems, but it also works the other way around: it’s easier sometimes clear things out in your life when you have had some strenghtening experiences in dream life- and again vice versa of course!

I hope this makes some sense. But this is what works for me, at least.

So lead a life that you would want to dream about, and dream about a life that you would want to lead :wink: