how long? can't LD!

I’ve been trying for two weeks now and can’t have an LD, not even close. I’ve tried MILD and WILD and keeping a dream diary and Reality Checks. I should’ve had one by now!! :grrr: [%

Im new too so bare with me…

I think what you need to do is relax more man. You need to get in the mood of dreaming, calmly convince yourslef to dream and remember all the time, do reality checks, and go watch the movie “Waking Life” if you havn’t seen it. If you have, watch some of the good scenes right before sleep to get you going. Im sure if you keep doing these things that within another 3 weeks you will get one!

Keep trying, its all in your HEAD!

Late, :tongue:

so very true, ok so how offen do u do rt (reailty tests)

and dont worry some ppl take a long time to get lucid but dont worry their lds are probally better cause u guys want em more :content: :wink:

do heaps and heaps of rt and keep up with ur dream journal and let it come as it comes dont get angry cause u will only block it :smile:

also try a techq 4 about 3 weeks b 4 moving onto the next 1, that way u will have given ur barin time 2 adapt to it. Dont be rushed some of the more lucky ones can go lucid every night, others like you take a little longer. But in the end you will probally apperceate it more. good luck
and soz bout the spelling i am tired lol

Richard

Two weeks no LD and you are seemed unhappy,I have tried
for almost two years(since 2001) and still had no LD,I even
tried all the techniques like the WBTB,WILD and so on…

Don’t expect too much

2 weeks isn’t that bad. Although it is disheartening think at least you didn’t get beginners luck then go on a dry streak for months on end. That would piss you off even more. Maybe some meditation would help? YOu seem very angry. Alot of people on these forums practise some form of meditation. I myself am begining to take it up. By the way what kind of dream recall are you getting? Its possible you’re having them but just not remembering. :sad:

Heh,yeah…two weeks man…two weeks is just split second.Most of first lds occurs after 3-5 weeks of trying.Thats average-that means some get it faster,some later.You loosing your patience after just 2 weeks…and patience is needed most when it comes to anything somehow connected with spitituality.:smile:.Got my point?:)Dont stress,await it in happy mood…like you sometimes wait for a date or holiday trip.
Lds can be compared to sex(hehe and what cant?:)Some ppl get it faster ,some bit later.And usually once they taste it they do it through all life.Sometimes you have no one to have sex with for months…then it comes time you`re swimming in pleasure and exstasy for weeks.And all allways face the struggle of beginning,first successes and first dissapointments.Its everyones way…you cant go around…count your experiences,see how even defeat can be a victory if you take a lesson from it.
Good luck:)

Patience is a vurtue! just keep going at a consistant pace and you’ll have one soon, just a matter of time…
When you start to get close your dreams will start giving you hints that your nearly there, like Lucid Dreaming will be mentioned in one of your dreams and with any luck it’ll just click. And I’ve found that just participating in this forum helps…

I usually have really good dream recall but the last several nights I haven’t been able to remember my dreams at all.

BUT…I have had a breakthrough! This evening I did a relaxation exercise (progressive muscle relaxation) then afterwards decided to take a nap. At one point in my dream I noticed myself floating then thought “Hey, I’m floating. I need to do a reality check.” So I tried to keep floating. For some reason I had my eyes closed and thought if I didn’t feel my feet touch the ground I would know I was dreaming. Then I had a false awakening (ARGH!) and realized that I couldn’t feel my feet touching the ground because I was laying on the couch. (Which I really had fallen asleep on the couch–unusual for me). Even though it wasn’t a lucid dream I’m still excited! Maybe just venting some frustration helped.

Thanks for the help. Maybe, maybe an LD isn’t too far away fingers crossed :eh:

you know how I got my first (and only proper) lucid dream?

Believing I’d have one :eh:

simple as that… that night I completely believed I’d have one…

hard to do… haven’t had a proper ld since, that was in october, although there was one other dream which I think might have been an ld.

I was IN GTA3, in Shoreside Vale, I started flying and heading towards the ocean, the dream ended when I was about to going into the sea.

Yeah, if you’ve gotten discouraged even after two weeks (I know you havent) then that impatience will lead to doubt, and that wont work out well for you.
I think that close call to lucidity will help you on your way.