Why Mint Tea will help YOU recall dreams PART-II

[color=red]This is PART II of:[/color] [url=https://www.slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=1559]"Why Mint Tea will help YOU recall dreams"[/url]

This whole mint thing seems rather complicated as there seems to be dozens of different kinds of mints and perhaps only some of them have effect on dreaming. Things don’t get any clearer when tea manufacturers and supplier don’t provide much information about their products. Originally it was Lipton’s Mint Tea that this thread was about so I decided to get exactly that to be sure I have the right mint. So I bought some and on the side of the box it says “ingredients: mint”. Sounds right to me and in fact it says plain “mint” in eight different languages. But in German it says “Pfefferminze” which I assume to mean peppermint. Ok, so I opened the box and smelled the tea: it certainly smells like peppermint to me - and that’s what it tastes like.

So the Lipton’s Mint Tea I got is actually peppermint tea which isn’t what I was after. All the further information I can provide about this product is that the raw materials are from Bulgaria and Poland. I wonder what it says on the Lipton Mint Tea packet that had the mint that actually worked.

Luckily I also happen to have dried mint leaves that surely aren’t peppermint. Or perhaps I’m not lucky after all as I have been drinking both products for a week every night before going to bed and there has been no effect on dreams or dream recall. However, I’ll keep on drinking it and see if something happens.

You are right, Pfefferminz is Peppermint

Anyway, isn´t that the plant we are talking about?

I looked it up, mentha piperita is peppermint, also called true mint.I didn´t found another page to back that information up,though.

So, which plant are we talking about?

Traumgänger

I guess mint doesn’t work for me when it comes to dreams.

But if Lipton’s Mint Tea is actually peppermint tea why do they seperately have Lipton’s Peppermint Tea?

W H A T ? ! is THE lipton mint tea really peppermint? but like phantom asked, why is there also real peppermint tea? traumgänger and all of you, are you sure that pfeffermintz is the very same peppermint? and why in my finnish tea-box says “minttu”, which means mint, though it’s really peppermint?

oh, i’m drowning to all these confusing questions!!! (lol) maybe i should call to Liptons and ask… :grin: …but first i’m going to have some tea…

Well, I am from germany, so I am quite sure Pfefferminz is Peppermint.To back it up I looked for the latin name, and for both peppermint and pfefferminz it says “menta piperita”.

Why your tea box only says “minttu” I can tell you:
There are many different mint plants.Mint is just the name for a whole lot of different plants, but the most common is peppermint, especially if it comes to things that are somehow connected to cooking.
So, the company thought it is quite obvious that they use peppermint and not catmint or such stuff, and just label it mint.

However, that they seperately sell “real peppermint” tea confuses me.Perhaps I am wrong with the stuff I wrote above, and their “mint tea” is a mixtures of mints, or some cheaper form of mint (how are the prices?) and the “real peppermint” tea contains only peppermint.

?
All I know is I got to get a cup of tea :smile:

Edit: Now I found an good link about mint names, look at this:

www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/ … t_pip.html

Traumgänger

In the afternoon I went to watch the TV. As I turned it on, there was a big jar that said “MINT”. :gni: It was a show about herbs.

Anyway I’ve tried yesterday some peppermint tea (menthae piperitae (folium)). Perhaps it was placebo, perhaps it really works, but my dreams WERE actually more vivid.

I’m trying it tonight too. :smile:

Supplement: I’ve checked traumganger’s link. That’s my mint. :wink:

ok. now i looked the back of my finnish lipton-mint-tea-box, where is this indegrents/ingetsdnegfb or whatever. i dunno how to write it, actually… but anyway, there was only written “minttu” too. so all the stuff in the mint tea is only mint. and now i think it means the mixture of many mint plants… but really, they should have proper texts in the boxes, don’t you think?

I accept your apology, chosy :content:

:wink:

Grrr… still not confirmed the Lipton Mint Tea is totally peppermint, since on two sides it says mint and on one Peppermint in German and Mint in finnish :razz:

Maybe it is a placebo or maybe my dream recall increases with time regardless, but I’m pleased with my results from using Lipton’s pepperment tea. I drink a glass with dinner, and another one 1 to 2 hours before going to bed. I could be wrong, but my thinking was that I should give my body time to digest it.

What about pure mint?? I mean there is a mint plant in my kitchen.

Eat it up.

entirely
:wink:

Yeah traum got what I was trying to say :grin:

hmm, i tried doing the peppermint experiment… lately my dreams have being extremly vivid, so i wasnt looking for much of a difference but it did, exept it took a turn for the worse, im just guessing that if i keep on trying for like a week or so itll start working :wink:

So where’s “the turn worse”? If you’re dreams are more vivid isn’t that GOOD?

haha, oops, my bad, i guess i didnt explain that this time with the tea i never remmebred one signle dream

Just wanted to report that I had good recall, vivd dreams and a lucid one after 0.5l peppermint tea (3 teabags).However, I think the main factor for this were the 11 hours of sleep I got, but I will try the tea again

My chemistry teacher back in high school used to give us peppermint candies before tests because she said that something in peppermint stimulates the brain. I guess this is why we drink the tea. From my experience, the mint teas I’ve been drinking have made my dreams longer and more vivid.

But I was wondering, what about Altoids? I mean those things are curiously strong :wink: . What would happen if you munched half a box of those before bed? Has anyone experimented with other forms of mint besides tea? This may be interesting. Also, some stores sell peppermint extract. A few drops of that may be the same potency as 10L of concentrated tea. :cool_laugh:

I’ve got a box of altoids right here, and it says it has artificial flavoring. No real mint to be found. oh wait, this is wintergreen. . . you might want to check a peppermint box, but I would assume those would be artificial too

Mine say “oil of peppermint” which I guess is the real stuff. :tongue: