Childhood LD

I had lucid dreams when i was a child. I distinctly remember some of them. Now as I attempt to resume lucid dreaming i find that it does not come so easy. I was just wondering if you guys have any theorys about why my childhood self would have some advantage over my present self.

P.S. all of my non-lucid dreams seem to be about children being chased by something if that means anything.

Me too. Actually I think that when I was a kid every dream I had was lucid. I thought everyone always knew when they were dreaming. I still remember many LDs in detail from back then. But now, I haven’t had a lucid dream in years and I have hardly any dream recall!

I think the reason we LD more as children is because we didn’t have near the stuff to worry or think about or stress over then as we do now. Our minds were probably much clearer as children. Also, if you don’t consider your dreams important or pay attention to them over time your mind sometimes decides you don’t care about them and you stop remembering them. If I only knew what I know now when I was a kid…

I used to have lucid dreams as a kid but didn’t think much of it. One I remember is when I was 9, it was right after my great grandfather died and I was at my grandparents house. He was sitting at the table in his usual spot, and no one noticed anything unusual. I thought about it for a minute then thought “ohh, I must be dreaming” I decided to just play along because if I told anyone it might ruin it.

I think it’s easier for kids to LD because that’s what they’re taught if they have nightmares…just to realize that it’s only a dream.