became conscious in between dreams.. just black

in between a couple dreams last night… something would not add up and i’d think “hey i’m dreaming”… but when i’d open my eyes, the only thing i would see is black… i tried waiting it out once but nothing happened so i just slipped back into normal dreaming…

how long does the black normally last?? or was I half awake and just trying to get back to sleep??

I’ve had this once before, and it sure was a trippy experiance. :mrgreen_hat:
For me, I doubt that I was quite as conciously aware so you were, because in a way the darkness seemed to stretch on forever, but yet it was almost over in seconds. (Time I suppose is a hard thing to distinguish in a dream, unless you are lucid?)
My guess would be that the darkness inbetween dreams could last maybe a few hours. 1-2? I can’t rightly remember, but when looking up some information of REM cycles then you should be able to find out some more information on it. I would have before this post, but i’m lazy and need breakfast. :grin:

My first LD had that blackness.
I had full control though, but when I realized it was a dream everything turned black, sort of like the white scene in The Matrix, only in a different color.

I watched myself in the darkness, there was nothing there except my body, not even a ground, and I willed myself into a new scene.
It was very nice, I saw myself much clearer when there was nothing but me.

I found the darkness to be just a pause in the dream, so you could get your thoughts together and create something. I would like to experience it again though.

My frist LD I had light grey gradients and bright white colors.

Often when I’m trying to wake up this will happen instead. If you want out of it, just “jolt” yourself. Either you’ll wake-up, or spontaneously enter a new scene.

Though, one of the strangest things occurred during this stage. My visual became black, but instead of jolting again I decided to try and speak to my unconscious. Bad idea :smile: Suddenly, a low voice began yelling at me from all around. It was incoherant & strange, but definitely interesting. If it happens again, try this & post if you have more luck. :flower:

I believe I had such an experience this night, I have no other explanation. I became lucid, I was extreme lucid, it felt like a trance, and it lested for about 2 minutes I guess.
I didn’t try allmost anything cause I was confused. It felt kinda weird, I didn’t feel I was dreaming, It didn’t feel like I was awake, and yet i did more or less feel like I was switching from sleep to wakeness, it seemed like a somewhat unstable state of mind though it lested 2 minutes as I’m aware of. I thought for a while maybe this is a good state to try OBE, but nothing happened. that’s all I tryed. for the rest I just watched what happened.
It seemed like I wasn’t thinking, it didn’t make any sense, my thougts were wondering around, jumping to the next thought before the previous one had any form, before I realized what I was thinking. There were no images, not meself as Gov describes, nothing. All black, but some very vage dark gray lines. They somewhat resembled the wireframe of a cube with dimensions 2x1x1.
I know one thing :smile: I loved it and hope it happens again :wink:
Though I don’t know what I should try or do if it doesn’t. Well in fact I enjoyed just watching it.

I woke up/I woke myself up (I’m not sure, but I think I opened my eyes to look at my clock), I went behind my computer, and then I realized it could have been between dreams. When I went back to bed I tryed to induce that state again (between dreems could be somewhat the same as before your first dream) so I could watch conscious as a dream arrived out of the black. I can’t remember if this happened :happy:

I have found that from this state I can almost always go ‘out’ (or ‘in’ ?)and do some exploration. Just what I usually do is ‘roll’ out from my bed to the floor and stand up in my dream body. If I feel for some reason this might not work I simply focus in my third I and go…

Once I had a black WILD. I was lucid, yet there was only blackness all around me. I was in a black void :smile: I tried to fly and it felt really good, but all I could see was, well, nothing. :gni: After a while a scene appeared from above and I entered it.