another new technique: worked extremely well first try

This sounds really promising. I ought to give it a try.

update: i changed my song midday yestarday because i liked this one better. so i didn’t expect the results to be good because i’ve messed my brain up. however i did have a false awakening last night so thats a little consolation. i think i’ll have a nap too. again, i’m going to try it for about a week or two because then the technique will be most effective. good luck to everyone else.

I only listen to the song when I attempt WILD to associate the song with the WILD sensations. It’s basically self-conditioning: Neutral Stimulus (song) + Unconditioned Stimulus (attempted WILD) = Unconditioned Response (WILD). Hopfully it will become Conditioned Stimulus (song) = Conditioned Response (ready for WILD)…well for my association of it anyways :content:

Hmmm. . . .
Sounds interesting. . . .
I could even sing the song during my RCs. . . .
“I love myself today, not like yesterday” :music:
When I’m reading about LDing. . . .
When I try to WILD. . . .
When I try to MILD. . . .

Hmmm. . . .
I can see how I would learn to hate the song especially with the amount of (the thus far) fruitless time spent WILDing, MILDing, RCing, and repeating my mantra. :shy:

another update: i thought of something else. i said to choose a song you like or can fall asleep to yet i think i’m going to take my word back on that. i think a song would work most effective if it was a generally new song and therefore no applications have been made already. it can still be by your favorite band or whatever, just a song you’ve never heard. so it looks like i’m changing my song again, damn, doesn’t look like good results will be coming in for a few days :sad:

If this works out for you after a week, I’m all ears. This dry spell is very disheartening. Until we get some more results on this I’ll stay with mantras, meditation, WILD, MILD, and RCs. I await your good news if this works out. . .

I’d kiss you, but in a strictly platonic unsexual way. Unless you happen to be redheaded D cup :love:

hahahahahaha :cool_laugh: unfortunately raging canadian i’m not

This topic has been locked. For part II of this topic please go to:
slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=2414

You guys wanna know the key in having LD’s… lol well i had my first LD last night and I wasn’t even attending to have a LD… but I had a lot of Grape Koolaid before i went to bed. Maybe that had something to do with it… but i dunno… i’ll test my hypothesis tonight :smile:

With this technique you could also set up the song to play at random times, or tell someone in your family to play it anytime they walk past the CD player or whatever. That way you’ll know that when you hear the song you will think of LDs not the other way around.

update: SUCCESS!! :cool_laugh: :grin: had another lucid dream thanks to my technique. so i guess i know it works now, for me at least. has anyone else had success?

ears perk up
Waits for someone else to tell a success story.

Master Pane a question for you, when you become lucid, do you do so because you here the song or is it just spontaneous, out of the blue?

An unrelated question, where abouts in Canada do you live eh? I’m in Calgary. Yeehaw!

well simply put, i have no idea. it could have been the MILD, it could have been WILD, or induced from the song. i have no clue, i’ll have to have another to pinpoint it. as for where i live, edmonton.just please dont stalk me hahaha :cool_laugh: just kidding.

do you think it might still work with like an album or type of music? if I listen to the same song over and over that many times itll just annoy me and not induce anything

I may be rageful but I’m not a stalker. I look forward to your future success and your conclusions you draw. Hopefully something will pertain to me :content:

Can someone please suggest a GOOD relaxing song I can use? The slowest kind of relaxing song I like is Elanor Rigby by The Beatles and I don’t think I could fall asleep with that playing. The problem is I like punk rock.

Or is there another way to do this but that’s similar?

hmmm… i need a good song as well, rite now im thinkin along the lines of “Happy Together” by The Turtles or “Starman” performed by Dar Willaims…

or possibly the song “Halleluja” (sp?) from the Shrek Song Track…

OR “I Have Lost My Dreams” also by Dar Williams

Enya has some really good relaxing songs…

Dido also has some really good stuff.

Perhaps some classical music?

I am not really into this, but you would be more “aler” if you hear this since it doesn´t always play at the radio.And sometimes there are certain themes that can be remembered quite well