El Dee? (Totally off subject)

Jus wondering, when u read the term “LD” do say it in ur head as “El Dee”? Like ur accually saying the letters? or do you jus fill in Lucid Dream? Or do u not say it in ur head at all?
Feel free to add how u say other things 2 (eg i think of WILD as like the word wild, same with MILD, but for DILD i don’t think i really say it in my head, like sum times I’ll read a book and i dont really know how to pronouce the persons name and i jus go along with the story not really thinking about the name, like i jus recagonize its there and who it stands for)

EDIT: Oops it made my WILD look all caps when i meant to say i think of WILD as the word wild (rymes with dialed, filed, like a wild animal)

EDIT 2: Dammit it did it again, well i hope u get it, I say WILD like the word not the acronyme (SP)

Well, it looks like I’m just as bored as you, because I’m actually replying. :smile:

I usually pronounce LD as El Dee only when it is proceeded by ‘an’. For example: an LD. If it is proceeded by ‘a’, then it doesn’t make sense to pronounce it El Dee so I usually just say Lucid Dream.

An LD.
A Lucid Dream.

WILD, DILD, MILD I all pronounce as if they were words, rather than acronyms. Even DILD, I simply pronoucne as “Dialed”.

Yes! I know exactly what you mean - i do it all the time :grin:

like how you said when there’s a name in a book that is quite strange, i sort of make my own name up in my head and i hear that pronounciation whenever i read the name…but when i discuss the book with someone and say the name out aloud the other person sometimes has a tottaly different way of saying the same name :wink:

~ceavou~

The same thing happens to me, sometimes i just ignor the name and just reconise the way it looks on paper, rather than the way it sounds.