help!

i know my subject is a little bold, but i really do need help. untill just a few weeks ago, did i know of this thing called lucid dreaming. i thought when you fell asleep and into a dream, you we in no more control over the dream, then lets say waking life (hmmm). recently i stumbled over a movie called waking life and it opened my eyes to some interesting things. ever since then, i have been reading up on lucid dreaming and trying every technique suggested to me. one of the most important things, i hear, is to remember that you just had a dream in the quest to become lucid. dream journals are a great idea if you can actually wake up throughout the night and write something down. my problem is this: i am a very heavy sleeper, and i do not wake up more than once throughout the night (when i do, there’s no feeling in me like i just had a dream…). it’s just unheard of for me. is there another way of taking the first step into lucidity instead of keeping a dream journal? also, i had my first semi-lucid dream the other night, but it still felt like i was a bystander. did i not reach full lucidity? are these feelings of still being able to control your dream, yet still feeling like you are participating in something you can not fully control common? please help, i am up for anything.

I’d suggest trying WILD but other than that keep at it and you will eventually start to remember your dreams.