Starting Anew

Firstly, is anew a real word? If it is did I spell it right?

Because of my horribly long dry spell, I’m giving LDing a break. Taking a break has reports of giving lucid dreams. But I’m only resting till Sunday. Then I’m going to start this program I found on the internet:

geocities.com/lucidmetro/coursetable.htm

If anyone cares I’ll post my results with it as I’m going through. Who knows it might be the next suneye method :grin: . Oh yea I’m only going to do the first 4 weeks, OOBEs are hard enuff to believe(although I’m keeping my mind open) but biomagnet fields and precognitive dreams are too much for even me. :crazy:

If anyone wants to try along with me you are most obviously more than welcome to. We can share thoughts, ideas on the techs and further edify the rest of the forum.

Come on! Everybody else is doing it. Don’t you wanna be cool? :wink:

hmm well i wish you luck raging canadian and i might look into…just so i’m cool :grin:

i think i’m gonna start this program today… it looks pretty cool, but like you i think i’m only gonna do the first 4 weeks for now. if you want i’ll post my progress. thanks for the link i look forward to this :smile:

Hey! I’ve seen that site before! I tried it out for the first few days, but then I guess I just kinda “forgot” about it. :sad: I am currently having a dry spell, so I might actually try and go with this program. Seems promising.

P.S. It has a really cool flash intro! https://www.lucidmetro.cjb.net/

I’m surprised I got such a response and I’m looking forward to updates on everyone’s progress. So far I’ve rested one day. I was still up at 4:30 to record dreams but thats hard enough to do already so I’m not breaking that habit just to take it up again in a few days.

this thread just oozes with coolness :cool:

Thanks for the great link Raging_Canadian. It seems like I’ve seen that site before, but like strifer42 I had forgotten about it. Thanks for bringing it back around.

I glanced over it and “Logic test” caught my eye. I read it here:
https://www.geocities.com/lucidmetro/courseweektwo.htm#THE%20LOGIC

It suggest asking yourself:

I thought this sounded fun so I went to bed with intentions of trying this. Luckily I became lucid for a second night in a row. :cool_laugh: I also got to successfully complete the quiz.

I answered:
-my full name
-the date
-my birthday
-my phone #
-and my math problem was 2*6=12

I threw in an extra question and answered my birthday just for fun. Unfortuantly, just seconds after answering the math quiz I started to wake up. It was a short LD but at least I got what I wanted accomplished.

I think this little quiz is a great tool for people to guage how “lucid” they really are. I like this idea. I think I’m going to try to get into the habit of asking myself this every so often in my LDs, and maybe even as a RC. Hey, I might can actually start to remember the date IRL. :wink:

From what I’ve read, This course seems to have some fun things to try. Some parts of it can seem a bit fruity, but it seems to be a great … or … er … cool course. :cool:

I’m starting the course tonight. I can’t wait till Sunday night. The course is on my mind all the time. This morning I had a false awakening and tried to record my dream’s dreams in my dream’s dream journal.

I’ll post my results tomorrow. Although the first week doesn’t do anything but increase dream recall, if I remember right, the intent statements and focus on dreaming may induce LDs. :shy:

After day 1 I got the usual assortment of vivid dreams and partial dreams. I am using what the author of the course calls the lazy man method which is WBTB. But so far nothing extraordinary except that I killed a man in my first dream :bored:

I’m still interested in hearing anyone else’s results if they started or are starting the course.

I think it would be good to get into this course routine, but it just seems like a lot of work with all those questions you need to answer. Well, I REALLY need to start having lucid dreams again, so I am going to take this course for the first few weeks, starting today. Wish me luck!

I thought it would have been alot of work too but in reality that questionaire took less time than recording my dreams in my dream journal. And I’ll wish you good luck if you wish me good luck :content:
By the way how long has it been since your last? :neutral:

Well, I’d estimate its been about 2 months :sad: so I’m ready to try this out and go through with it. And good luck to you! :content:

My last was mid-October. Good luck to you. May all your dreams be lucid. :beer:

Thanks for the motivation. And I wish you good fortune in all of your dreams! :beer:

Day 2

What can I say but OMG it seems to be working. Even though I normally have excellent dream recall, its sky rocketed. I spent more than half an hour writing them all down. It took more than a page and a half. The dream I recorded at 4 AM alone took up 3/4 of a page. :cool_laugh:

I’m having success so far how about any one else that’s trying? Can’t wait for week 2, lucid dreams.

I’ve written down dreams that have taken 6 pages. :eek:
3/4ths is nothing :wink:

Yes but I’m lazy, I write small, and I cramp things together because I have to get to school on time. :grin:

looks like a nice program… i should give it a try too…

and btw raging-canadian, you have the coolest avatar i’ve ever seen :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh:

So far I’m over with Day 1, and it seemed to work better for me. I haven’t been having very good dream recall lately, but I had a very vivid and interesting dream last night. Listening to the first hour of Laberge’s interview last night while I was trying to go to sleep might have also helped it. Going to continue the program in hopes of LDs soon. :content:

Day 3

Nothing to report I had a horrible time sleeping and no sleep=no dreams. :sad:

Day 2

Had good dream recall again. 2 interesting dreams and a very brief dream (about 10 seconds!) I almost forgot to do the routine last night because I was really excited to listen to the Laberge interview. Didn’t have enough time to write in journal in the morning, so I’m going to write in it before I go to bed tonight. Sorry to hear about your sleeplessness last night Raging Canadian. :sad: