If you do come out withe ultimate lucid dreaming device, you´ll get:

-50$ instantly transferred to your bank
-A nice “Thank you” postcard
-An imagined hug
-A self-baked cake
-A kingdom, a princess or something similar

:grin:

Traumgänger

Hmm, i don’t know, this is just a thought: If you have, like, 10 minutes of silence, and you then play a voice saying “you’re dreaming”, don’t you think it will wake you up? Because you get scared of the sudden sound? I would :smile:.
Maybe it’d be a good idea to include some relaxing sounds/noises between the messages.
TIP: www.findsounds.com . A big search engine where you can search for different sounds.

I don’t think it would if the voice wasn’t loud, if it was fairly quiet. I think the silence would help with the sleep. I think it’s more a case of having enough silence between the voices and the voices being quiet enough not to wake you.

In my personal experience, when I did the first trial with the music all the way through, it seamed to prevent me from going to sleep more than anything.

I mean, I see what you’re saying, in that having something as background so that the voice isn’t so sudden like it would be on top of silence, well then why not just make the voice quieter so that it’s not so sudden?

:smile:
Ed.

Last night I had what I consider to be a positive result from my experimenting. Not a lucid dream, but certainly an interesting experience.

I fell asleep to the sleep induction sound. Then, I didn’t conciously hear the voice speaking, but instead I was suddenly alerted to the feeling that I had just unconciously shouted something out in my sleep, and that I was really embarrassed about it and that people nearby were laughing at me from near my bed or through the walls or something. I could see the dark room and my hands were raised. Then, I started to question whether it had actually happened for real or whether I had dreamt it, and then at that point I woke up for real.

At this point, I didn’t think I’d got as far as hearing the first voice, I actually thought that this had happened almost as soon as the sleep induction sound had faded out. I lay there for a few minutes, curiously waiting for the voice to speak, but it didn’t.

Eventually I got up, turned on the light, and looked at the CD player. The timer was showing 49 minutes something. The first voice was set to play at about 40 minutes, therefore proving that that even though I had not conciously heard the voice speaking to me, it did induce a bizarre dream experience along the lines of speaking and dreams.

I find it encouraging, considering I am new to lucid dreaming, that this had a significant effect on me while asleep without me actually conciously hearing what the voice said. I think that, with repeated use and by making other efforts such as doing reality checks, that this could prove a very good method of inducing dream lucidity.

:happy:
Ed.

Interesting, really… :smile:

I also think it sounds like a good idea.Just wanted to add that timing plays a role here.
Normal person ,without any sleep debt starts REM period in 90 minutes from falling asleep ,it lasts about 10 minutes,then after another 90 mins theres longer REM…so on till waking up.So i guess you need to play around with the times of “are you dreaming” voice.Unfortunately there are many variables-one can hit REM period right off if he hasnt been getting enough slepp recently.And its really hard to say wheter you are in debt or not.
Then we also know we can dream out of REM periods.Then theres a question of right volume.
Just wanted to share this,hope it will somehow help you creating ultimate lucid track(tho i reralize it might be confusing).
good luck.
ps.apart from 50$ ,postcard and hug you can also recieve my kidney if u wish to:)

Thank you very much for your input, Jack. :smile:

I see what you mean about the 90 minute thing. It’s just a shame that a CDR is 80 minutes maximum length of time, because taking that 90-minute idea into consideration, the ideal scenario would be to have the first voice 90 minutes after the end of the sleep induction sound.

Hey, I’ve just had an idea! There is a way we could get round this! :happy:

By making the different sections seperate tracks on the CD, and then with the use of track programming on the CD player, it could be set up like this.

Track 1 - 30 minute sleep induction sound (and/or relaxing music)
Track 2 - 30 minute silence track REPEATED 3 TIMES
Track 3 - “You are dreaming” voice.

I could even repeat steps 2 and 3, so that every 90 minutes I get told I am dreaming! :happy: In theory, this could make it possible to have every dream as a lucid dream.
(To do that though, I would probably have to alter the length of the silence as time goes on, to account for the increase in length of the REM stages. But this is something that could be dealt with later on. At the moment, to have just one lucid dream a night would be fantastic!)

Again, thanks a great deal for your input, Jack! :grin: At first, my heart sank a little because it made me think that the 90 minute thing would pose as a big problem, but the result is it has made me come up with a really good idea. I now realise that maybe I don’t need to be told every 10 mintes that I’m dreaming, it would be better to try and time the voice to coincide with a natural dream period.

Anyway, eventually, once this works, I’ll be so happy to be lucid dreaming, I’ll be perfectly happy to make my creation freely available to anyone that wants it. To me, it will be the same as sharing advice on methods. If I came up with the perfect device, or close to it, then I definately wouldn’t want to just keep it to myself.

Also, I’ll be really interested if anyone else gets inspired to experiment with this kind of thing themselves, and would like to hear your experiences and what works for you.

:happy:
Ed.

Good luck with the experiment Ed. I did experiment before myself with playing back a recorded dream cue that I looped on my computer. No music or anything, just a voice saying “I am aware that I am dreaming”. At first I played it constant the first night. It kept me awake. So the next night I lowered the volume till it was barely audible, and I was able to sleep. However the next day the strangest thing happened. I awoke with no recollection of a LD, but I did feel totally mentally unbalanced…it was scary. When I say mentally unbalanced, it was like a circuit had blown in my head, affecting my balance, and I dunno, it is hard to describe but it was like I was receiving a constant low voltage electric shock. I recovered in a day or so, and just to be sure I tested the recording again at the same volume and the same thing happened again. So I had just discovered the hard way that playing a constant message whilst I am asleep is bad news, it had a really bad effect on me.

The way you seem to be going about it now, trying to time the voices for roughly the REM periods sounds spot on. I would personally think this to be the best way to use a recording. What you are doing now is probably the next step I would have tried, decreasing the frequency of the playing of the voice to try and eradicate the side effects I was getting, but I didn’t go any further with my voice experiments. Believe me when I say I was a bit shaken at the side effects. That being said I would perhaps be a bit dubious about even music playing constantly while I slept. However, fading it in and out as you seem to suggest should be ok. Anyway, good luck with whatever you come up with. Of course I am only reciting my own personal experience, others may not be affected the same as me. My conclusions were that voices could be effective, but they should be played at a long enough interval to avoid negative affects on the brain. After my early experiments, I felt like I had put my mind/brain through a mangler!

I think the results I had were not all bad though, as they highlighted for me the delicate and complex nature of sleep, and the balance between the electrical/chemical activity which must be occurring as we sleep. If this balance is distorted greatly by something, serious imbalance can follow on into the wakened state! But don’t let any of this put you off, I guess I just ripped the arse out of it…your experiment sounds like it has far more potential than mine. In fact if you can get the timing right, and influence REM periods, I guess you could say you have kind of Sonic Novadreamer, playing audio only cues. Of course due to a lack of eye movement sensors it’s timing won’t be as accurate, but the fact that you are giving a direct message (eg: I am dreaming!) as opposed to the flash/beep of the Novadreamer could pay off. Thinking about it, I wish the Novadreamer had messages like that which were played instead of the beep. Now that would be cool :cool:

Thanks for your words of wisdom, Ascension. :cool:

The idea of the 30 minutes of binaural beats at the beginning is for sleep induction, because in a test I did earlier involving simply just the voice appearing after a long silence, I realised that this didn’t work if I was having trouble getting to sleep. I find that the Sleep Induction sounds really do work quite well if I am in a relaxed position and the volume is fairly low. So really, this device will be serving a double function, as an aid for getting to sleep as well as an aid for inducing lucid dreams.

But anyway, as I said in an earlier message, I was quite pleased with the interesting result I had when doing my other recent test, with the 30 minute sleep induction and then the voice after 10 minutes. This proved to me that the voice was able to have an effect on my sleeping mind without me conciously hearing it. So I find it encouraging to imagine what will happen if I fine tune the arrangement to coincide with an REM period. I mean, think about it, if what happened before was what happened when I wasn’t particularly dreaming anything (where I had a false awakening and thought I had shouted something out in my sleep and then I questioned whether I was dreaming and then woke up), imagine what will happen if the voice appears whilst I’m in some fantastic dreamscape!

It would probably go something like this:
:music: ---- :sleeping: ---- :wow: ---- :happy: ---- :angel_fly:

Ed

I can imagine that a constant voice isn´t healthy Ascension, since scientists say that even sounds that we can´t hear can have a bad influence.

Anyway, Ed, you got a smart idea with programming the CD player.Perhaps it could go like this:

Track1: 10 mins relaxing music only
Track2: 5mins relaxing music with those beats fading in
Track3: 10mins music with beats
Track4: 5mins beats with music fading out
Track5: 10mins the beats only
Track6: 10 mins silence
Track7: 30mins the voice

I haven´t thought a lot about which lenght should be used for which period, but it woul be cool if you´d make several tracks, so everybody can combine them by programming their CD player themselves.

Heh, gotta love those emoticons. A picture surely says a thousand words!
Yeah, I gotta agree totally with what you are saying…a 30 minute induction period of music to help you sleep sounds great. I don’t know how many times I have felt a bit tired, settled down whilst listening to music and next thing fallen asleep. Music seems to have a nice soothing effect, and can set the mood of the night. Also, I guess by listening to music as you fall asleep you are focusing your awareness externally to the source of the sounds, and thus perhaps increasing the chances of an awareness of the message being played once you are asleep. Kinda like conditioning yourself to “heed” the recordings…this might make the messages seem less “alien” to your mind as you sleep, seeing as they will be originating from a familiar source.

Yeah, I found that out to my cost alright. I guess I was a little too over eager to “force” an LD. I know now that forcing something doesn’t work, subtle suggestion often goes a lot further. In fact, trying too hard can actually create a mental block to achieving goals!

Traumgänger, thanks for the idea, it’s greatly appreciated. :happy:

I might possibly try something like that some time. I can add more detail to it at a later date. As I said at the beginning of this, I’m going to experiment with various arrangements.

The way I’m going to do it tonight (by simply chopping up the Wave file I used on the previous CD) is this:

Track 1 - Sleep Induction Binaural Beats (30 minutes)
Track 2 - 45 minutes silenece repeated twice (or 30 minutes silence repeated 3 times, it doesn’t matter much which really).
Track 3 - “You are dreaming” voice once

Then after using that a few times, I might try and come up with some relaxing music to replace the first track, see how that works, write my results here, and then later on I might consider a combination similar to what you suggested.

Even if this next one is very successful, I’d still like to try the other arrangements as well. I don’t want to stop at the first one that gives me a lucid dream. I want to try different things and then compare, because then it will be interesting to see the different results that each produces.

Anyway, I’m glad that you guys are getting involved in this and throwing ideas at me. I mean, when it comes down to it, I’m going to be deciding for myself which way I take this and which things I try next, but it’s it’s brilliant to have the input that you people have given me, the various ideas to shed different light on things and give me some things to consider along the way. To anyone that has either cheered me on and/or given me some alternative ideas to think about along the way, I thank you all very much. :happy:

Side Note: You may or may not have noticed that I have edited the title of this thread from Make My Own Lucid Music to Make My Own Lucid CD. I wanted to change the title to be subtly more broad and not just be about music, because the final product may not contain music at all, but it very well could do too, depending entirely on the results from my experiments with my various arrangements.

:cool:
Ed.

Update

Well, last night I didn’t have a lucid dream, but this was because early on I got irritated by my big headphones and ended up taking them off.

I think next time, I’ll try and use the little in-ear ones from my Walkman, because that way I might be able to change position and not notice them as much as the big ones.

Asside from that though, I did have an interesting normal dream which I remembered quite well, so nevermind.

Ed.

But then the problem with the small ones is they’re not as comfortable, plus the cord is a lot shorter.

Maybe I’ll just have to try and get used to wearing the big ones and hope that they don’t slide off my head as I move around in my sleep.

Ed- That sounds like a great idea! Would you be willing to maybe send me the wav file you made and I could burn it on a cd of my own to try as well? Please let me know. Thanks :smile:

Here’s something I did last night:
I placed two speakers next to my bed… then i put a sample into fruityloops that said ‘you are dreaming’ (actually it said ‘du träumst’, but whatever) and then i put it into a pattern and repeated it 60 times, starting with a really low volume and slowly getting louder… I then played this short track on repeat the whole night.
Unfortunately it was annoying at first. Nevertheless I had quite good results… about 5 or 6 brief lucid moments.

Tonight I burned an MP3 cd. an MP3 cd is a lot better than a normal cd cause it’s longer, so that’s why I’m doing that. at first I have about two hours of silence as mp3s and then about 10 hours of ‘you are dreaming’.

i started with a low volume and then slowly got louder, so the sounds won’t wake me up because they’re too sudden and ‘scary’ or anything.

i am not doing music right now, though. but maybe i’ll let my normal cd player play something nice…

Hey Fabi, glad to hear you had some lucid dreams with what you tried. Also, it’s good to know that somebody else is also experimenting with this idea. Please keep us updated.

Anyway, now here’s an update on my experiences…

I might be abandoning the idea of the binaural beats, primarily because I really don’t like having to try wearing headphones all night. I’m far too concious of them and why they are there, and this prevents me from properely relaxing like I normally would.

So then I thought, if I did without the binaural beats, I could simply have something playing at a quiet volume through the speakers, with the CD player right next to my bed.

Also, I find that the way I like to get to sleep is to watch telly. For years I have had this skill of being able to notice the point at which I am just about to fall asleep, and then switch the TV off and roll over and go to sleep. A few nights ago, I decided to encoporate this as part of my technique by having the CD player set up, and then just as I roll over to go to sleep, quickly pressing the play button on my CD player.

I tried this, with the CD programmed without the first track (sleep induction binaural beats), and simply having it programmed to play 90 minutes of silence and then the voice (and then repeat throughout the night).

Unfortunately, I did not have a lucid dream, so I think maybe I had the volume set too low. Tonight I will try again, with it slightly less quiet, and also with having just 45 minutes of silence each time (in case I don’t fall asleep straight away and therefore get out of step with the 90 minute pattern).

Although I am still interested in the idea of music within this idea, I think from a purely personal point of view I will prefer not to have the music, simply because I prefer to watch TV until I am tired, but as I say, this is purely just personal preference and what I would prefer myself in the long term. But as I say, I still might like to experiment with music, purely just for the fun of seeing what effect it has and what can be achieved.

Ed.

Hey Ed,
Intersting thing you’ve got going here. Have you considered trying it with a WBTB method? Sleep for about 6 hours then wake up and start the CD then go back to sleep. You should be in longer REM periods and dream much more after getting most of your body rest out of the way.

Just a thought.

Hey, Wonderer, thanks for the idea, I might try that sometime.

Previously, I got sick of trying the WBTB method, because I found that it disrupted my sleep pattern, plus sometimes I irritated my parents by being up and about in the early hours of the morning, moving around.

Ed.