Another "Full Blown" LD...but I can't stabilize!

I am the rare LD-er who, after reading extensively EWLD, is now capable of LDs even when I do NOT try to induce them…it just happens randomly. Last night, I had another (I think it’s every 1-2 weeks when I have one nowadays), but this time I TOOK CONTROL of my dream and actually acted like the God of my world.

I was walking along a street when a red car drove by with a hot blonde in the driver’s seat… I figured for a second that it was this girl in one of my classes, and then presto…the blonde is standing next to me. Then, suddenly, the girl from my class walks up. Suddenly it just APPEARS to me that I’m dreaming. This time, I actually realize that the world is fading bit by bit and I stare at my hands…except it doesn’t work. So then, I frantically try to think of my next method, which is hand-rubbing…didn’t work, but I thought it did…then I walked into the house we were heading towards, and ran into a guy who was bothering me…so I said “get out of my dream” and snapped my fingers, and to my astonishment, HE VANISHED INTO THIN AIR. Then I succeeded in picking up a girl, but like that…dream ends. I HATE FAILURE SO MUCH.

I figure that I can LD so much because I am a person who thinks a LOT, and thus easily notice things that stand out (i.e., when I noticed a part of a dream featured a part of my hometown, DC, that simply doesn’t exist, I think about it before accepting it…critical faculty needs to GROW STRONGER)

But what happened then was that the dream simply faded away, and I was left consciously staring at my closed eyelids…like the last one where I took control. The previous time, I never knew how to stabilize myself, but this time, I tried to. Maybe I was a little too excited, like in the old days when I had lucidity flashes (before EWLD), and I would simply wake up from the shock.

I later remembered that dream spinning was a great method to use…is that all? Can someone PLEASE help me out? I get better with every dream…the last time I had an LD, I couldn’t make people vanish!

Thanks for the help.

Don’t worry, there’s hope for you :smile:
I was having a similar problem- try reading the thread “tips for sustaining LD’s” There’s lots of other info on this forum, too.
I think it’s common in the beginning once you become lucid for the dream imagery to fade. Sometimes, I would try to increase lucidity or rub my hands together, but that would just make the feeling intensify and it would fade faster. It’s often an intense feeling that drags me out.
Lately, I’ve been having success with spinning. But I think the key is to experiment. You have to get used to being in lucid dreams. It’s like being on the moon: different rules apply. Try forming a gameplan for sustaining the dream before you go to bed, it’s helpful.
Good luck,
Ian

In my first LD, I discovered that the spinning technique does work extremely well for me. I would try it the next time everything starts to fade.

Another idea: scream at the top of your lungs “Lucidity X 1000!” or “Improve Clarity!” or whatever works for you. Really put your heart into it…my biggest problem with this was, even though I knew I was dreaming, I was afraid to scream outside for fear of dire disciplinary consequences…

Read up on the forum, and experiment, and eventually you’ll find something that works for you. Good luck.

Pinkster :lmao:

a technique that is supposed to work wonders is the act feeling an object in your dream when you feel yourself waking. that supposedly works very well for most who have tried it. so, try grabbing onto something when your waking up next time.