Top Books

I am the kind of person that loves to read books on everything. I was wondering if you could help me to compile a list of the BEST books written on Lucid Dreaming. I am looking more for induction/uses/beginner more than long winded explanations to what they are. So far I own astral dynamics by Robert Bruce and there are some Carlos Castenda books at my library thanks! :cheesy:

Well, definitely Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge. He explains it on begginers terms as well as taking it deeper into the meaning. That’s probably the best book of read on LDing so far.

Malcolm Godwin - The Lucid Dreamer

Celia Green - Lucid Dreams

Stephen LaBerge - Lucid Dreaming

Robert Moss - Dreamgates

Norbu Namkhai - Dream Yoga and the Practice of Natural Light

Tenzin Wangyal - Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep

Good info Mystic! :smile:

Jeff

Thx Jeff :content:

Some other interesting books but probably difficult to find:

Charles Tart - Altered States of Consciousness

Patricia Garfield - Creative Dreaming

Garma C.C. Chang - Teachings of Tibetan Yoga

Scott Sparrow - Lucid Dreaming, Dawning of the Clear Light

Conscious Dreaming - Robert Moss

The Art of Dreaming - Castaneda

We can make a book list topic handy 4 all dreamers… :smile:

Jeff

“Dream Yoga And The Practice Of Natural Light” by Namkhai Norbu is one of my personal faves. Namkhai’s dream experiences are…well, out of this world! I think it is out of print now, but easy enough to find on the net.

I also second “Tibetan Yoga’s of Dream and Sleep”. Astral Dynamics is good too, very thorough.

A very good book on dreaming in general, not really LD related but still a great book with lots of insightful thinking on dreams is “Realities of the Dreaming Mind” by Swami Sivananda Radha. It also contains some dream yoga techniques. I couldn’t put it down.

Anywayz…can’t think of anything else really at the moment. The net has tons of good stuff on dreaming too of course. Like this site :cool:

Thx Ascension…I use selfhypnosis in my lds for control…do u ever do dream yoga in your dreams? I made my own techniques some of them are related to dream yoga. But still selfhypnosis is the best 4 control in a ld i ever experienced.

ok bye!

Jeff,
I have experimented with dream yoga a little, with some success. It is something I really want to utilize more in depth in the future. I used to practice self hypnosis quite heavily. I am one of the unlucky people though who find it hard to get into a really deep enough trance state. I did get some interesting results though although at the time I wasn’t using it for dreaming much.
One time I did get into a good deep state, I visualized myself becoming electrified. I dunno why, I just pictured power running through me, like lightning. Well, it may have been a coincidence…but for a week or so after I was covered in static electricity. I got a shock practically every time I touched metal which is normally very rare and unusual for me. So my mind took me literally…I was really looking just for a confidence/energy boost!

Heh…perhaps that is why I am prone to occasional heavy vibrations/obe type symptoms ever since! Weird…

Anyway, yes I have a lot of time for self hypnosis, and dream yoga too. Any mental exercise that serves to focus our thought onto dreaming can only be of help. But from my experience it pays to be very specific in telling the subconscious what you desire! Hmm…actually, I am giving myself some ideas now…perhaps I will look into ye olde hypnosis once again.