I couldint do anything while I was Lucid

I just started this lucid dreaming thing a month ago. I had one awesome lucid dream about 2 months ago but i just got into it a month ago. I have had 2 lucid dreams. I had one today but was dissapointed. Well ill recap my dream now. I was falling and i was going to land in some kind of pool. Though right when the dream started i had lucid dreaming like embeeded(sp?) in my brain. And that just seem to keep repeating in my head until i realized that i was dreaming “Holy shit, im dreaming, im lucid dreaming” Well then i tried to stop but it felt like my hold body was being squished or something and my chest was caving in. Well this was very cool. So when i get up look around, its seems very blurry and chaotic around. And i see this chess board thing with those sorry board pieces on them, so i just start moving them around, thinking this was pretty sweet. Then i tried to change my suroundings my putting my hands on my face but when i took them off i was no longer in the dream. It was like i was just watching tv, i tried to make my body reappear but no such luck. I was lucid but couldint do anything. Well anyway i lost lucidity quickly and thats all i remember.

Why couldint i do anything?
Why did my body just disappear?
And lastly should my amount of lucid dreams start increasing? 2 a month doesint keep me very motivated

Thanks

In order,

1. It takes intent.

2. You broke connection (by one degree).

3. Two a month as a beginner? Count your blessings!

This happens to me when I have a false awakening or a dream that starts in my bed. It’s all veeery blurry, I can’t distinguish things, I can’t really move or find it very difficult to do so and generally I always lose lucidity. Until recently. Now I just try to somehow turn or spin around until I see some clearer images and then try to move or fly towards them.

It will start increasing don’t worry, just keep on doing LD inducing techniques and good luck! :smile:

And like ForeHorse said, two a month for a beginner is quite ok. Don’t be so pretentious and impatient. :wink:

Hi Sdmfoo24…what you did wrong was that you kept your hands to long for your face…so u went a little out of rem sleep…when I for instance close my eyes shortly like 1 sec i am in a different scenery in my ld…but when i do it for more then 5 seconds i wake up for real! So if u hold your hands 4 your face do it real short…experiment with it because my brain will be slightly different from your brain…so maybe with u it will be 2 seconds or a bit more or less. So Experiment with the time till u have it right.

For the rest…lots of ppl here would be glad with 2lds in 2 months…it aint fast food that u order with Macdonalds :smile: But remember, your brain got recognision now so the process will go on and after some time, if u stay dedicated it will be more and more…keep reading about it and have a dream diary.

Good luck! :happy:
Jeff