Sleeping without dreams

I have a friend that can sleep, but never has any dreams. He sleeps just fine, but he hasn’t been able to have any dreams for 2 weeks now. I’ve tried to help him out. I told him to try to kind of create his own dream and then just keep with it, but that didn’t work, and I really don’t know what else I can do to help him. Do any of you have any idea of what may be causing this, or how to help him dream again? Please help my friend…

Sincerely, Anora

Tell him to try setting his alarm to wake him up a couple of hours before he normally does. Hopefully, he will be dreaming when his alarm goes off and he’ll able to remember it since he just go out of it. Another idea is self-suggestion. Tell him when he is in bed and going to sleep to repeat something like “I will remember my dreams” over and over again in his head until he falls asleep. Once he begins to remember dreams he should keep a dream journal, that’ll help him increase his dream recall.

Welcome to LD4ALL!

Paul’s idea works for me a very good. He should upon waking not move at all and try and remember. WBTB sometimes helps me remember more dreams. Keeping a habbit of trying to remember first thing is important.

there are some people that simply do not remember a dream their entire life. It will be hard for your friend to remember any dream but not impossible.

Your friend does dream, that if certain. We could not survive if we didn’t dream.

There’s plenty of threads here that describe good techniques for remembering dreams, hope one of them works for your friend.

Brain will start to remember dreams when it gets the message that they somehow important.Going to sleep with intention to remember dreams and waking up trying to recall them(10 mins more in bed ,no jumping out) should do just right.Its all in intention:)
Also vitb6 helps heaps:)
good luck

What I do is right before i sleep i say to myself I am going to dream. I will relize that im having a dream. I will control my dream. Then I lie down on my back and say to myself 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4 with an emphasis on the one. Pretend you are counting a 4/4 measure (this would work if ur into music).

What I do is right before i sleep i say to myself I am going to dream. I will relize that im having a dream. I will control my dream. Then I lie down on my back and say to myself 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4 with an emphasis on the one. Pretend you are counting a 4/4 measure (this would work if ur into music).