Has this happened to anyone else?

In my last few dreams iv’e had the strangest thing happen to me, I know im dreaming, so what’s the problem you ask? I can’t take control, I know im dreaming but can’t do anything about it! :eh: has anyone else had this happen to them? does it mean im close to lucidity? or something’s gone wrong?
any imput would be appreciated!

The only two times I’ve become lucid I couldn’t take control. The first time for a good reason and the second time was enexplainable. First time I was killed in my dream, so I couldn’t do anything. Second time, I just suddenly became aware it was a dream and then a really bad feeling came over, I couldn’t take it so I woke up. :eh:

I don’t know if you’re close because my last LD was over a month ago, I think. But I atleast somewhat share your troubles. Is your case that you can become fully lucid but you try to do something and can’t? Do you know what’s stopping you?

i would say what you are experiencing is “low lucidity” you’re lucid enough to know you are dreaming but not lucid enough to take control.

Many of my LDs are like this (unfortunately) but it does mean that you are getting closer to your goal. Keep at it and in time (maybe even this week?) you could become lucid and take control.

happy dreaming!

I totally agree with Insane_goth - that’s called a low level of lucidity. Fortunately though, there are several ways you can try to increase your lucidity to a higher level. That same thing has happened to me before, and I’ve increased lucidity successfully on a few occassions. If that ever happens to you again, try one of these simple tips:

1. Simple ask for more lucidity. Say “I demand more lucidity”, or shout out, “Lucidity times 1,000!”. That often works. If not try:

2. Do some more Reality Checks if you haven’t already done so to re-confirm that you are in fact dreaming. Many times your brain needs a LOT of convincing that you’re really dreaming…

Thank god our brains have that built-in mechanism to assure us we’re not dreaming – if not, people would be dying every day jumping off buildings trying to fly, thinking they’re having an LD :grin: hehe
The trick is, you have to trust your RC’s. The one I rely on the most is the “clock” RC. Simply find a clock anywhere (digital is best)…then look away really fast, and look back. If the numbers have significantly changed (more than 1 minute or 1 second obviously), then you’re definitely dreaming, and that might just give you the confidence boost to take more control. The very same concept applies to reading in a dream. The words will always jumble when you look away and look back.

Try doing that next time, and hopefully it will increase your control. :cool: