Lucid Dreaming 'Cheat'

ok, so I was having a discussion with one of my mates and I found out that he had been able to become lucid once. He told me it really freaked him out when he woke up, because it was just too real. Is this normal? I am yet to experience proper lucidity.

Anyway, his short-cut to gaining lucidity was to write down his dreams as soon as he woke up (something we should all do, but generally can’t be bothered doing). He did this for 5 days, getting into the routine. So by making this a subconscious thing to do, he was able to think IN his dream and when he woke up he needed to write it down. VOULA - LUCIDITY

I am going to experiment with this method myself, and see if I can experience my first lucid dream. I’ll report back.

Feel free to let me know about your experiences with this method, or just your thoughts, opinions, ideas. I’m interested to hear from you all.

Hi Somniloquist,

I have found that if I don’t always remember to write in my dream diary as soon as I wake up (which happens a lot!), then I forget my dreams altogether. However when I go through a phase of always remembering to record them, I find that I start to wake up throughout the night which I don’t normally do. I think that the reason for this is that I’m waking up at the end of each dream I have. I think that Stephen LaBerge mentions this in his book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. I think that he says that you can sometimes wake up after each dream you have during the night as you are subconsciously thinking about recalling and recording your dreams. I haven’t yet had a lucid dream but I’ve definitely found that recording my dreams as soon as I wake up has increased my dream recall.

I hope that I have given you some useful information here. Good luck with your dreaming. :tongue:

Hi Dragon! Thanks for your reply. Tonight I’m going to set up a lamp and scribble book next to my bed so I will be more likely to record my dreams. I’m going to try this out for a week and see what kind of results I get, I’ll be sure to let you know how it all pans out, and I hope you let me know if you gain any lucidity success!

Best of luck! See you in the alternate realm :smile:

Try it out for more then one week Somniloquist…your brain needs time to adept and to built up recognision.
Writing your dreams down and reading before sleeping about lucid dreaming…helps really but tales time for the brain to create neurological recognision paths.

Jeff

thanks for your reply Jeff! After last night I can see why it’s so hard to actually wake up and write down the dream. I remember thinking “fuck it, I cant be bothered” and then something from the dream sort of made me get up and do it. I only scrawled down a few notes, but it definately helped to remember the dream.
I may even start a dream journal on here.

Minirecorders help a lot.Used ones are pretty cheap and they save you getting up,turning lights on(eeeeek),writing,getting up,turning lights off.
You can write all down later on:)

thanks jack
next time I’m in a pawn shop I’ll be sure to look out for one. Those things have many uses and theyre so portable!

Should be a good idea. The problem for me is that my bed is too comfortable to lie in, so I don’t discipline myself to sit up and write my dreams down. I’m going to try pouring cold water over myself (with ice cubes in).

:smile: Jack is right…thats why i got a digi recorder…speaking is so more easy then writing a dream down lol! And later you can always write it down but u cant forget it because you already recorded it.

Jeff

Excellent idea! would also help with getting a system going.

Record yourself describing dreams then the next night… listen to the previous dream write it down, then go to bed. Killing 2 birds with one stone… you writing it down and soaking it in all at once, before you sleep.

yeah my mp3 player records voice so i will start keeping it next to my bed to record my dreams… never thought about it until i read this thread :cool:

that happend 2 all of us . i quess :eh: every1 who go lucid first time freaks out… the feeling what u exp. is dam scary… but its worth it :wink:

I don’t think it’s scary - more exhillerating. I always look around me and marvel at how real everything seems. Everyone is different, I suppose.

Ive only had one by accident, but what an experience, I would do anything to try and get some why of doing it again without haveing to write down every detail of every dream, but I suppose I enjoy reading my dreams ive had. Im going to try recording myself after a dream, thats a good idea and you can give all the information quicker without any seeping through your memory because by the time you have writen one thing down you might have forgotten the next part, if you know what I mean.

For some reason, i remember most of my dreams. Like i had one where i was at school, except it was subterranen, and their were incredibly intellgent vampires(like almost humans) taking over the school. They wanted the yellow crystal, which for some reason i had. some idiot went out into the rock. me and [NAME WITHELD] made a joke about a kid getting crushed by rock, and his friends crying and saying he was so brave, while he was saying “i’m alive!” (monty phython and the holy grail, anyone?). anyways, what was the point of this post? i forgot.

A mini recorder is good but sometimes it is harder to put dreams into words so wouldn’t it be easier to write it down as it is in your head?