another new technique: worked extremely well first try

Psychedelic chill-out works the best for me.
Here are some songs which are pure beautiful soundscapes:

Solar Quest - Trisine
Ishq - Fluid Earth
Ishq - Yu Listen
Tuu - Frozen Lands
4D - Slivva
All tracks from Numina ( mp3.com/numina )

Or try some new age-stuff like Enigma (from the first album MCMXC AD)
Good luck!

a little nutty :crazy: arent we josh :crazy:

hey S.E.S- Dreams come true is an exellent song for this u should listen to it. its half english and half korean the whole song

I think ive decided on “Hallelujah” by Rufus Wainwright from the Shrek Sound Track, its really good, in fact im listining to it rite now! (your also supposed to listen to it while ur on this site right?)

that song is originally by leonard cohen… i love cohen (and the song, too) :smile: :smile:

cool idea masterpane…

mayeb you could change song once every week or so… and then you could keep a diary of which songs were playing each week

hmm… good luck ppl!

update: i haven’t listened to my song at night or when i’m doing a lucid activity. even right now i’m not (shouldn’t be doing this though he) and i haven’t had a lucid dream in 5 days. before i was doing that i was having lucid dreams every other day and back to back days. i’ll play the song again tonight and if it works then i think i have a solid case that this is an effective technique.

A while back, I found a really, relaxing song to use for this very task. It’s called “Puesta De Sol”; I believe it’s on the “Ibizzare” soundtrack - just do a search for that title. It’s transy, relaxing, and astral, all in one. I’ve been trying to use it to LD since it sounds PERFECT for that, but it hasn’t worked the way I’ve been trying it. Master Pane’s idea, however, is awesome – to not only use it when you’re ready to go to sleep like I did, rather, to incorporate it into other tasks involving LD’ing before you go to sleep. Hat’s off to you for that great idea man! :beer: I’m gonna try it immediately (I’m playing it right now) :music:

I also like the “writing” part incorporated into your idea – I’ve read about that technique (without the music), but I’ve never tried it. It does seem sensible that it’d work better than just saying “I will have a lucid dream” to yourself, since it involves a lot more effort, and parts of the brain. Not only are you saying it (aloud or silently to yourself)… you’re absorbing it - writing it, seeing it, and reading it. Congrats again on the good idea – I’m very confident it will work well.

P.S. When you do a RC during the day and can’t play the song, just imagine the song playing…I’m pretty sure that will suffice just as well as actually playing it…after all, your mind is what’s allowing you to hear it in the first place… :eh:

Srry dreamscape! I was reading the first page and didnt realize that there was more! Whoops!

Heyyy…what’s so funny?? That idea actually seems promising… :eek:

Btw, are you Spanish? I take spanish class!

Nope! 100% italian… sorry. :wink: And I like your signature by the way…sounds like something I would use (except for someone’s girlfriend, of course) lol

I would say the same about urs but I cant understand Shakespeare!

You could try ambient music like the following :-

‘Moon Safari’ - Air
‘Felt Mountain’ - Goldfrapp
‘Music Has The Right To Children’ - Boards of Canada
‘Geogaddi’ - Boards of Canada
‘Agaetis Byrjun’ - Sigur Ros (Highly recommended)
‘( )’ - Sigur Ros

I’ve also just ordered ‘Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2’ by Aphex Twin, which is supposedly composed of songs heard in lucid dreams :smile:

I’m sad to say that even after all the praise I gave to this method, it’s not working for me… :bored: -for some reason, no matter how low I put the music, it distracts me too much to concentrate on LD’ing. Even with the constant association of the song to LDs, I can’t get to sleep comfortably and/or relax enough with the music on :grrr: I find that odd because the song I chose is really relaxing - maybe it’s just too monotonous hearing it 15-20 times over and over?

At any rate, I guess for everyone there exists a method that will really work well - I’m still searching for mine! Wish me luck… :wink:

If you have Kazaa then look up Hemi-Sync they got some really relaxing songs with a lot of pink noise or whatever and binaural beats. Do a search with just hemi-sync …don’t download them though cause that would be stealing music and I live in the USA and no one steals music here. :eh:
p.s. when u listen to the songs, wear headphones if u got em. :wink:
L4tEr,
J05h

[quote="
I’ve also just ordered ‘Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2’ by Aphex Twin, which is supposedly composed of songs heard in lucid dreams :smile:[/quote]

i am always low on money so i tried to download it… doesn’t really help that the tracks don’t have titles… :grrr: :grrr: :wink:
i really like aphex twin, though. the first ambient works is great and also the richard d. james album… check them out if you havent already…

btw, where did you get that info on the album being inspired by lucid dreams?

I think it was mentioned in the Amazon review, and then I put ‘Aphex Twin’ and ‘Lucid dreams’ into Google and found a few mentions, no interviews with Richard James on the subject though which I was hoping for.

hey badcandle… you might find this interesting:

"How did you go about creating your most recent work?
James: “The project is 80 percent done from lucid dreaming. That’s the main reason for Selected Ambient Works Volume 2. To cut a long story short, I go to sleep, dream I’m in my studio with imaginary bits of gear and do a track. Then I wake myself up and recreate it. I can do this in about 20 minutes.”

there’s more at the site… source: aphextwin.watmm.com/articles/Aph … e.Al.shtml

i’m gonna go and look if i can find more… :smile:

Thanks Fabi, it’s fascinating, it seems like he uses his lucid dreams as a workshop in just the way LaBerge describes.

The album arrived yesterday and I set the timer on my CD player to begin playing it at 6am this morning, the plan was that it would filter into my dreams. But instead I seemed to set my internal clock at the same time and ended up waking about two seconds before the album kicked in.

Ah well.