Super Dream Recall Method

Hmmm…I don’t seem to remember any vivid smells in any of my dreams probably cause they are somewhat less noticable.

:smile: Nope i never smell in my dream…there were a few exceptions though.

The first night i did this experiment i was talking to my friends in my dream i was explaining i did this smell experiment lol!

Dont know Strifer42…think the real working principle here is the grounded coffee vaporation by machine!

Jeff

Because i several times explained to my friends about this experiment in my dreams, it also gave me some what more lds then normal.
I mean in a few dreams i thought “oh yes this experiment”…and then realised i was dreaming! :angel_fly:

Jeff

Interesting! :wink:

That certainly sounds very interesting! It will help you LD and ontop of that you will have warm coffee when you wake up :grin:

hmm, very interesting,
kinda gives an new meaning to “Wake up and smell the coffee”

has anyone else tried the technique yet??? Sounds like a charm if it really works. I guess i have to check it out at the DreamLab section, but im just confused how coffee can do something like this… :confused: O-well

I’ve been interested in hearing about other people’s expereince with this since Jeff told me about it a few weeks ago. I’m working on it, but I don’t know how long it’s going to be until I can try it for myself. At this time of year, sleeping with the window closed results in temperatures equivilent to walking on the sun - and it seems obvious to me that for this experiment to work I’d need to enclose the air in the room as best I can.

Also, the second challenge is going to be getting a coffee maker in my room somehow. I breifly considered pouring myself a cup of coffee, putting it on the table near my bed and using a fan to blow the air towards me… but I don’t think that would be sufficient for the experiment. Maybe if I wake up every 2 hours and get myself another coffee to sit there… :smile:

Please, post your results here if you get a chance to try it. I’d love to see them.

No Atheist that wont do! (A fan and a cup of coffee)
I have my windows and bedroom door closed. My coffee machine is standing on the table next to my bed. So when the hot steam hits the grounded coffee powder…the smell flows like a blanket over me…lol!
The machine gets activated after 5 hours of sleep and i use an average of 4 to 5 cups of coffee…how ever 2 to 3 will also do. Disadvatage is when u use to much…also to much water…the machine makes to long some noise…and u dont wanne wake up… :roll:

Greetz,
Jeff

Also important!
The coffee machine stays on for an hour…so the heating plate under the coffee can stays very hot.
So the evaporation of the coffee goes on and the smell in my bedroom really builts up!
And it will work stronger for not coffee drinkers of course! :wink:

Well Hubbs, it aint that strange because why for instance would
smelling salts else work and be able to wake you from unconsciousness.
A smell has a strong impact at our brain.
And if u walk through a garden with cannabis plants u get relaxed
just by the smell… :roll:
If u smoke cannabis it has the same effect, only much stronger!

Well the same counts for coffee, drinking works stronger then smell.
But smell has, although much weaker the same effect!

:thumbs:

Greetz,
Jeff

I never knew smelling, as a sense actually works while your sleeping, but not only that you smell things but when you smell them it sends ideas and impluses towards the brain as well :sigh: . Very Intresting, if im understanding this right. I should try it! I have to fight my dad over the coffee machine for my room though :confused:neak:

Yes Hubbs, smelling is noticed by our brain at wake and at sleep.
It isnt blocked or filtered out by our conscious neural pathways…or blocked while we sleep…
Smell signals allways do enter our brain :wink:

If u get the coffee machine from your father, then tell me and i give u the basic practical info…
I put it all at dreamlab…probably this evening. :angel_fly:

Jeff

Interesting stuff…

Will get a timer this weekend, I hope we can get a decent group together to do a serious experiment in the Laboratory :smile:

I remember in a dream, I smelled PB and J! :eh:

Yes Brainhacker, i will put it in the Dreamlab section this evening!
Hope some folks are interested! :bounce::thumbs:

Well i sure am…i go also for the long range aim to use this experiment
as recognision 4 a dreamsign!

:smile:

Jeff

I suddenly thought of something…:smile:

Suppose u could connect a Nova device with a coffee making machine!?
Then at rem stage u could always get a smell signal…
Or a Nova device with a inbuilt coffee smell (aerosol) extract.

So each time you would be in rem sleep it gives a puff concentrated coffee
smell aerosol in your face…lol…ok this is a bit to much.

Desigirl31…ehm pb is peanutbutter i think :cool_laugh:
But what is J? :smile:

Jeff

J for Jack of course:)

Yesterday no time to post the topic at Dreamlab.
But today I will.
:cool_laugh:

The strong coffee smell really is a great aid for dream recall.
Beats anything I have ever tried.
I Now Brainhacker wants to experiment also with this smell
experiment.
Hope some of you out there have a coffee machine
and want to try it! :smile:

Are there dreamers here with the spirit to explore
active at this forum :wiske: :bounce:

No, no Jack…the J stands for J05h. My uncle once told me “Now Josh,as long as you are looking good and smelling nice someone’s gotta like ya”
Pretty good advice, eh? It’s the truth!
L4tEr,
J05h

J is for Jeo of corse! (it was a typo) DUH!! :cool:

P.S. J also stands for Jelly, but mainly Jeo