Wow This is cool, I'm a newbie hi!

I watched Vanilla Sky and thought that movie was cool since most of it was all just Lucid dream. Then I saw an episode of Star Trek Voyager in which one of the characters said that they were able to Lucid dream by seeing Earth’s moon in their dream. Once he saw it he realized it was a dream and got full control over his dream(since they weren’t near earth). I thought it was cool, but didn’t think Lucid dreaming was real until someone showed me this site.

After I saw that episode of star trek I told my friends about it and they weren’t into it as much as I was. For the next week after I saw that episode I kept having the same dream. It was me walking down a street I haven’t been down for about 10 years. I was playing with all my old friends and I kept telling myself in the dream, all I need to do is look up to see the Moon. I was trying to look up and see the moon to get a lucid dream, but my head wouldn’t look up. Anyways after a week of this I stopped thinking about it and the dream disappeared to be replaced by different dreams.

Now that I have found this site I am going to do what it says. Since tonight is my first night I just read the first part about recording my dreams(I always wanted to make a dream journal, now I have some motivation), and will do that. I don’t think I will have trouble remembering my dreams, but I will try out the drinking water thing, so I will remember.

Oh yea, I forgot my original intent. In my dream where I couldn’t look up to the moon, did that mean I was close to Lucid dreaming or was I just doing that because I saw the episode of star trek about lucid dreams and was thinking about that? I still find it weird that I was unable to look towards the moon!

Hi,

Yes, you are close!

I’m not much of a fan of Star Trek but I saw that episode of Voyager too :wink: ! I thought it was awesome but I didn’t think much of it at the time, and I sure didn’t think it was possible. Once I heard of lucid dreams I thought it was like the raddest thing ever!
I get basically the same reaction from my friends too - its almost like they just don’t care when I think its one of the coolest things…but I guess either they just have different interests or think that its just a bunch of BS. My mom sure didn’t believe that LDs were possible when I told her. Oh well :tongue: