the big WILD topic part V

Do not only count but try to fall a sleep to!

:smile:
So split your consciousness…if u only count witch is a conscious thing
how do you expect to fall a sleep witch is a unconscious thing!
So use as much as u need of your consciousness to count
and let the rest try to fall a sleep!

Jeff

Hey. I have a question concerning WILD. Duh. Well anyway, I can usually get to the vibrations when I’m trying, but I have a real problem trying to pass that stage. My question is, are you supposed to focus on the vibrations and try to induce them or just ignore them? What works for you guys? Thanks.

Only thing u need to do is to lower your consciousness a bit more…
Or at a certain point when u get into a sp level try to spin around in your imagination.
Or do another sort of wild…read about dream yoga :smile:

Jeff

I was wondering about this since I am going to begin trying out WILD. What is your sleep position when you perform WILD? The one I was wondering about the most was if a lot of WILDers put pillows behind their backs so they are sitting upright. Does it seem to help which I’m guessing it does, but does it take longer to fall asleep this way?

Oh, I just remembered another question. If you meditate when you are attempting WILD, could you enter a dream whilst meditating?

I’ve read from a lot of different sources that REM is not the only sleep period in which you dream - it’s just the most active dreaming period and hence the best time to have a LD. I’d really like to not believe this, because I hate when things don’t fit nicely under a clearly defined heading. :smile:

Experimentation has shown that while we may dream in earlier sleep cycles, those dreams are generally vague, hard to remember, and in black and white. A lot of people have claimed otherwise, but for the moment we’ll throw way anything that hasn’t been documented by science. Whether the first dreaming period happens 90 minutes in, or 5 minutes in, the fact remains that people absolutely DO NOT dream the very instant that they fall asleep - unless they have just woken from a REM period.

In light of this, it stands to reason that slipping into a dream from waking consciousness is only possible after already sleeping and waking up. There - now everything makes sense again. :wink:

Yes Strifer42 thats possible if had that several times already at night and at day!

Your speaking from scientific data Atheist ,not from insight in consciousness. Remember this data is from using average ppl for sleep research not ppl who are trained in meditation or hypnosis.
If i give myself the suggestion…“I dream I dream I dream” and keep on saying that very fast in my head till i fall a sleep while i lay in bed i enter a dream…colour to, in the first 20 min of sleep. I did this several times and got lucid a few times, woke up and it seemed I slept for about 20 min minus the dream time.
Thats one example…
If what u say is true how about ppl under hypnosis?
Can they only enter dream stage under hypnosis after sleep? So in the morning? That is totally not the case.
Further i know from my own experience in wild i can do it also before sleeping…works fine…just have to focus breathing and awareness as one.
What u claim may be so for the 70 % of the dreamers…but it sure doenst count as a law for all of us :wink:
So there are exceptions to the rule and scientific data.

But i know u dont like scientific exceptions lol…in fact i dont know that…lol
its an assumption :smile:

Jeff

That’s exactly right, Jeff. I’m talking about average people, with average mental disipline. It would be a safe bet that most of the people on this forum are less than proficient in the arts of self-hypnosis and meditation, and so I offer them my advice on how to start out using the WILD technique, assuming that everyone isn’t already a master of their own mind. :grin:

:cool_laugh: Perfect answer lol! Atheist!

Still its important that ppl know that it is possible, so there will be no mental wall for them.

:happy:

Jeff

:mrgreen_hat:
After reading through the WILD threads and discovering that some are successful at becoming lucid on the first sleep session of the night, I concluded there was no reason not to try to do so myself. (Having never intentionally become lucid, I have nothing to lose by trying)

Although I did not become lucid last night by using WILD on the first sleep session (about 4 AM), I did experience strong body vibrations, partial paralysis and light hypnogogics after approximately 15-20 minutes of efforts to remain conscious.

Does this mean I was very close to LD or that I would have had an LD if I were in the proper period in the sleep cycle?

It means you were somewhere in between waking and sleeping. Somewhat further and you get rem stage.
Most ppl that try wild get in this stage…also ppl that try meditation…get into level 2…between waking and sleeping. But from there its suddenly much harder to get further and still stay lucid.

Good luck!

Jeff

Okay, this is already the fifth topic on WILD, and I don’t want to read all those to discover what exactly the “symptomes” are.
What do you experience while doing WILD?

I’ve tried some trance-like thingy, that I found from a link on this forum. It goes something like this:

You lie down and close your eyes, and you just keep looping at the blackness from your eyes and you just keep focussing on your body.

You’ll see little yellow dots, and you keep looking, and you body goes numb and buzzing dont know exactly and so you could go AP/OBE.
It also said something about hypnagognic hallucinations

I already know by reading the fifth part that you have at a certain point you get SP and feel vibrations, and have hypnagognic hallucinations. but are there some else thingy’s?

Thanks in advantage for telling me, “Isaac”

I have trouble staying awake with WILD. It seems easy, and I seem completely awake, but before I know it I am asleep. Normally I count backwards, but that keeps me awake too much. When I try drifting off a little more I fall asleep suddenly. :sad: Any tips?

Okay, I read now the WHOLE topic, 5 topics long that is :eek:
I’m going to write down here what I know, so it’s useful for me, and perhaps for you, to see it altogether.

What?
WILD is a wake iniated Lucid Dream. You walk “directly” into a dream by balancing your consciousness and subconsious: Let your body fall asleep, and let a dream begin, but stay conscious enought to, yeah, stay conscious :cool: .

Starting
The best time to do it is, is said, after you’re out of your delta-sleep, after 5-7 hours of sleep. In the morning or after a nap seems to work also for some people. You can also try to go like 24 hours without sleep to raise your serotine levels. I personally think this method sux.

How?
Relax your body.
You just relax your body, and lie down in a comfortable position. It van be on your back, but also on your side, if that’s more comfortable for you. Make sure you don’t have any pressure on your hands, feets, legs or arms. If you have, they may fall asleep in the progress because the blood flow is stopped. This feels like annoying pins and needles.

Relax your mind.
This can be done how you wish, but the basic method is focussing on ONE thing. You can put on some music (maybe hemisync works for you). Or you van count breaths, or listen to your heartbeat. Just clear your mind of thought by focussing on one thing.

Feel the numbness.
After a while, you’re body goes into Sleep Paralysis, you will feel a tingle. At your hands and feet first, then the rest of your body. It isn’t hard to reach this stage.

Take off!
Hypnagogics.
Then you may see a circles floating for your eyes, and later even pictures.
Or you may hear sounds. You can even feel or smell things that aren’t there. You don’t have to see or hear this. Some people have this, some people skip this phase.
If you DO have this, try pulling yourself into a scene you see before your eyes. You may end up in a dream exactly like the scene.

Vibrations.
After a whole lot of relaxing, you’ll feel “buzzing” or “electrical energy” trough your body. They mostly come in waves. If you doubt whether you have vibrations or not, you proberbly have not. Once you have then, you’ll know it without any doubt. In this stage, you’re almost done performing a WILD. You only have to “pull yourself out”. You can try to (imagine) sink away, or to float, or to roll, whatever you like. Maybe you have to try some before you’re “out”. Once your “out”. You’re in a dream!

Tips
If you’re drifting to far away, probebly only your abstract mind is awake and you logical asleep. You’ll get illogical things to think. What helps is to count from 1 to 100.

Don’t get to exicited when you have the vibrations, otherwise you’ll ruin it.

If you have problems swallowing or itches, just focus even harder on the thing your focusing.

more tips appreciated

It may sound like I’m a pro WILDer, but I’m not. I had only one WILD, and that was not on purpose. You all probably think now: “How is that possible?”

15-03-03

I woke up at 3.30AM, it’s hot in bed here, and I could get to sleep. I probably doze off or something, or I didn’t doze off just yet. Suddenly, my mind is awake again, because of the feeling of electricity going through my body. I can’t feel my legs and arms, they’re paralysed. After three breaths, and three waves, I was free! I felt myself floating! Because I saw my room, I thought I was having an OBE, so I flew trough the wall and a little. Then I realised to make my first OBE not too long, because then you don’t remember it. So I concentrated on my body, and felt my nose that was itching. Then I was lieing in my bed again, completly awake and completly stunned. It was 4.20AM or something.
Later that night I had the feeling I could go again, but I was a little confused and wanted to sleep. (Why the heck did I want that?!?!?!)

(I didn’t grab my journal, but it went something like that)

Tell me if my “article” on WILD is missing something. I have typed it out in notepad and I like to complete it more. Thanks for reading and giving your critic on this LONG post!

I tried WILD last night and I think I did pretty well! I focused on my breathing for a long time, and then I started to see swirls and splashes around my eyes (I don’t know how to spell it, hypnogogic images?) I didn’t see any scenery that I could go into, but I saw lots of faces, other than that it was just swirls. Then before I knew it, I was paralyzed and all I could do was think. I couldn’t really concentrate on hearing or feeling, so I didn’t know what was going on around me. All I could do was think, and breathe. Of course I thought this was good and was excited about getting that far. My mind kept on kind of drifting off, almost falling asleep, but I just relaxed. It was really hard to concentrate on things, it was hard to keep my mind from falling asleep. I was trying to think of logical things, and I started to feel vibrations in mylower legs . I just let it happen and didn’t get too excited. Then the heater in my house started up, and it got me completely out of it! :sad: Just thought I’d share what happened, sorry if my post was a little boring :shy:, I’m just happy that I got far. :grin:

Mike, congrats for being this far! Don’t ever give up! I’m currently working on improving the WILD technique so anyone like you can do it a bit easier (hopefully). I’m one of the WILD freakers… just ask Jeff and he’ll tell you! :smile: I WILD almost every night… even though I do fall asleep, but I learn how to control it more. You should try and practice it everyday as if you’re practicing meditate daily. It helps a lot. Just like that quote, “Practicing make perfect!”

Good luck and odn’t give up! I repeat, don’t EVER give up! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any. I’ll try my best (including others) to answer your question even though you might think it’s not answered yet or something. I expermint a lot and am willing to expermint for you if you want to try something to see if it will speed up the WILD experience or anything. :smile: Just ask. :smile: I will not bite ya. Grins evilly :devil:

I PM’ed Jeff for your WILD technique, but aigh, wouldn’t be a lot easier for us all if you’d just post it here? I mean, that poor Jeff is going to be PM’ed to dead by all those WILDfreaks now :cool:

-Isaac

When you WILD, can you have an OBE when your trying to get into a dream? I always try to WILD at nights for fun and I get close but I give up cause I never see or hear anything. Maybe cause I try it on first sleep and never later on. I just think if you don’t see any kinda dream that you will just get out your body into an OBE. But are they both the same thing? I know people get scared about OBE stuff but never about dreaming. I had one from a WILD where it was like an OBE but I was still in my room and knew I was dreaming and saw myself sleeping in bed but it turned into a dream after when nothing in my dream worked. So if you WILD, will you just roll out into your room and dream if you have no dreaming signs? or do you have to do something else to have an OBE?

This is what I know about this:

When WILDing, if you have hypnagogics, you can pull yourself in to have an LD. But if you want an OBE, you cannot do this and must do all the vibration thingy’s.
An OBE is in this world, and an LD is in a dream world. Therefore, you cannot pull yourself in one of your hypnagogic imagery.
But, real OBE are very tricky, you have to stay focussed on here and now, otherwise you will be making things up, and notice suddenly a door where there isn’t one in real life: It become’s a little dream-like.

So in conclusion, if you WILD, you can have an OBE (if you don’t pull yourself in your hypnagogics). But the only tricky thing about OBE’s is that you can easily be dreaming without knowing, if you let your attention slip. I suggest you read OBE treatise on astralpulse.com :smile:

Hi Isaac yeah i had even to hire a secretary lol but what the hack dm7 pays for her…lol…i even could choose one…pretty blond and dumb lol :cool:

Isaac i answer you pm tomorrow or sunday!

Jeff