The big Reality Check Topic

recapnow:

I’d feel proud to be able to ‘see within the fabric of reality’, and then again this is very debatable concerning sanity vs. belief etc. and its also off topic.

I sometimes use RCs when I actually fear it may be a dream even though I know I’m awake. Every time I get out of bed after sleeping, I do a RC to see if its a FA, and believe me FA’s and real awakenings don’t differ much.

RCs should be used as a combo with some other method, as some already mentioned. They do work especially when beeing critical, and in dreams where I’m scheptical I really am critical.

The best RC is jumping! (for me anyway) No question about it if you jump in a dream you will feel the classic ‘whoo’ and how the gravity is very low. My two cents. :bored:

Good Nutella iam 4 those kind of rc’s to…not looking 4 truth just looking for the experience that cant happen in real…thats way better…i always walk over water or walk trough walls…then i know oops this is a dream its not real…yo yo iam lucid…

Well, Jeff walking on water can be a bit risky :blush:
What if you’re awake? Jumping you can do every where to, might look strange but who cares.

Heheheheh lol!
In real live I never doubt I just dont try to walk on water…lol!
So this already is enough 4 me to know iam lucid…well mostly i am prelucid in dreams so the step to lucidity lies then somewhat lower…in fact i never do rc’s i just on at a moment iam dreaming…mostly from being pre lucid…like making myself empty walk trough a wall and then think…oh yeah iam dreaming…lol…
Why dont u try the spin tech…that changes 4 many dreamers the dream scenery…that wont happen in real live…easy rc!

:happy:

When i’m awake i do RC’s as a habit but in dreams RC is just a way to get a confirmation that you are asleep. My LD’s never begin from a RC but from realization that something is not right.
Maybe i should start keeping that dream diary since i can’t control the drem scene at all.
Try to move objects with mind it’s good way to realize that this can not be real life exept when you are insane.

Use the force
… it works when you’re asleep :wink:

Yeah Amra 4 me it works te same…i know most of the times i am dreaming because i controle things that cant be in real life like indeed levitating objects…controle over scenery is pure association…experiment!

i wouldnt say so about the logic i have tryed it and my brain always makes up excuess like why dont i remember getting up this morning
oh thats right i got hit on the head and forgot.

I read a course caal “a course on counciousness” and found it to talk alot about the wild effect. But it told me throught out the day i should ask my self what my phone number is and in the dream i will ask it. so i tryed it and in the dream i was sitting infron of a computer on THIS form (and no i didnt go lucid) and i asked my brother what my phone number was so ppl could contact me. He couldnt remember. People around the room were shouting out diffrent things so i got really confussed and i used logic. Counting out the number and so on but i couldnt relisze i was dreaming sad huh.

Any way does any 1 know a new rt. When i first started this out i drew a shape on my hand a trinagle, i foced on it and in my dreams i oped to see it, but i never worked. o well so does any 1 have any idea that they think would work.

Thanx Richard

Rt? U mean a reality check here i think, right?

:happy:

Jeff

yea i did, i call them Reality tests sorry

I’m happy to say I had my first LD a couple of nights ago, and I believe it was getting into a habit of regular RC’s that did the trick for me.

A few tricks I used in waking life:

1. Programmed my mobile phone to show “Are you dreaming?” on its screen every time I turned it on. Never thought I’d have a practical use for that feature!

2. Made a new startup screen for my computer, so that every time it booted up I’d see “This is Windoze! Are you dreaming?”. Obviously this would only be effective for people who use a computer regularly, and know how to change the startup screen. It’s not too complicated. There are tutorials on the Web that explain how to do it.

3. Stuck a sign on my fridge that says (you guessed it) “Are you dreaming?”. Since I love food, I see this a lot :grin:

Hope these tips help others in getting lucid. I’m looking forward to some more lucid experiences in the near future. I’m sure the simple act of believing you can do it without a doubt makes a difference.

Congrats on the LD Sparx :happy:
I’m tweaking my computer settings as we speak- good idea for an RC.
Ian

Thanks Ian :smile: I hope your new startup screen helps. Anything is better than that boring MS logo anyway!

Wow, good idea for the Startup logo! :happy:

I guess I can let my little secret out early. I’ve been working on a lucid dream desktop theme for Windows. I had startd this project before the new year and forgot about it until recently. It is just a sound theme and all of the sounds are in .wav files. So it should work fine on other operating systems like Mac or Linux.

Some of the sounds are really neat, and some of them are funny. Some are even clips of Dr. Stephen Laberge himself. I wish I could give an estimated release date but I’m a perfectionist and I’m working to get them just right. :wink:

These sounds would be for when you start windows, shutdown, or email notification. I may release a few and then release a full version later.

Great idea DreamAddict!

:wink:

Jeff

I think that if you do an RC, you have to make sure you’re right about it. Don’t just like look at your hand and if it seems normal assume you’re not dreaming. Try to remember where you came from, how you got there etc.

Also for me reading is the key. Everything may seem normal but if you look for some words, they almost always will be messed up. Like last LD I had it said my dog’s name on a bottle of shampoo.

To gain lucidity in my last LD, I looked at my hands. I do this a LOT. Here is what happened (I’m gonna use the quote format thing cuz it looks fun)(NOTE: This is NOT a quote):

(Warning this is no quote lol :happy: )

Nice MetaKnight4 :wink:
Well done!

Jeff

Hello, this is posted elswhere but it was locked and ive been directed here.

Ok, so i have two pen marks on my hands, where the thumb meets the wrist, whenever i see them i do an RC, Someone mentioned that they paint one nail for the same reason…but that it wont turn up in a dream.

Whats you expirience with things such as this, or even changes in hair (Cut or color) and maybe Tattoos, i figure taht if i keep this up long enough it will show up in dreams…but what do you all think?

I have been trying to do RCs with a digital wrist watch now for some time with little success. Can anyone who has been successful with the digital watch lend me the secrets to his/her success. I would greatly appretiate it.

Please proceed to Part 2 :smile: