Dream Camera

I did a weird thing in my dreams last night, and I was wondering if anyone has done anything like it.

I had quite a few dreams that I could remember, at least 6 or 7. I am absolutely certain that they were all separate dreams, not one big related blob of dream images. However, there was one common thread in all of them…I was taking pictures. Then, in the last dream I had I was walking with my mom looking at the pictures. They were from all of the dreams, and some of them helped me to remember dreams that previously I had not been aware of. I thought it was sort of weird.

Also, excuse me if something like this has been posted elsewhere. I know how much everyone hates that sort of thing. I did a quick search, but I really didn’t take the time to surf through a bunch of topics.

Pinkster :lmao:

I have had several dreams that have featured cameras, even though I don’t think I have taken a photo in years. I think cameras are quite a good analogy to memory though, in that we are capable of storing literally millions of pictures in our memory. When we commit something to memory it is like we take a mental “snapshot”, is it not?

One LD I had seemed to confirm this. I was floating in space with my brother, lucid, and watching planets spin slowly suspended ahead of me. One was rippling with fire and explosions across its surface. It was beautiful, one of my most memorable LD’s. I turned to my brother and said “I wish I had a camera”. Then I remembered it was an LD, and of course I could not bring a camera into my dream. Soon after I woke up and pondered the dream. When I recalled saying about the camera, I had to laugh to myself. Who needs a camera in a dream, when memory can be used? Memory is like endless film, and it records in perfect colour and sound. To this day I can still see those planets rotating in front of my eyes.

:cool:

That is so true. Even in waking life a camera is not really needed. Like u said our brain is like the most sophisticated camera ever. It can take a picture or video, anything we want, without having to stop take out the camera and pose or something stupid like that.

I do remember using a camera once in a dream.In this dream,for some reason I was wearing glasses I couldn’t see out of,but I had a camera with me.When I needed to see what was in front of me I’d take a picture and the image would somehow get into my brain.

This is a pretty good topic.

This can also be usefull (I think…correct me if i’m wrong)

When you are haveing a dream or even in everyday life i think as part of a RC we should focus on an image, and take a mental snapshot (per se) of the image. And focus on not forgetting it. This could also help and possibly aid in dream recall.

(Z)