New Method Works-------for Wild!!!!!!!!!

I just discovered this method on accident I guess. See, the trick to WILD is that you have to stay awake while your body falls asleep. It was really late and i was watching tv and was really tired, so I rested my head on my arm (like my elbow was pivoted on the bed, like that sculpture “the thinker” and I fell asleep. When I fell asleep my arm fell so did my head, and I woke up but not entirely. I bet if I did this enough I would reach WILD. I read about this somewhere before, but all you do is fall asleep with your arm (from elbow to hand) upwards, and wehn you fall asleep it falls and wakes you up, and eventually it only wakes your mind up and not your body, so you conciously fall asleep! please, try it and tell me what happens-----Ben

Where did you read about this method? Can you provide a link? I think for me my arm would stay where it is until I roll over. I’ll try it, though!

Thats an arkward postion to sleep in, but i understand what you mean, while your falling alseep, your arms falls sometimes, but i can’t sleep like that at all, i need to be in extreme comfort when i sleep. I suffer a minor case of Insomina.

Tride15: I think he refers to the OOBE faq.

“One method you might try is to hold your forearm up, while keeping
your upper arm on the bed, or ground. As you start to fall asleep,
your arm will fall, and you will awaken again. With practice you can
learn to control the hypnagogic state without using your arm.”

psywww.com/asc/obe/faq/obe00.html

One guy in the chat once told me this. Although the guy also told me to keep a gun by my bed and tell myself that I’ll kill myself if I don’t have a lucid dream :eh:

Raging_Canadian: it must be indeed a very good technique, seeing that you are still alive! :wink: :gni:

I’m Canadian, I don’t have a gun! :biggrin:

I tried the forearm up thing and all that happened was my arm got sore and I got no sleep. :eh: Has anyone had success with this method?

I’ve heard of this method before too but never tried it.

Instead of trying to hold the hand up, maybe you can balance your arm by standing it straight up leaning on the elbow. You can relax your hand at the top by letting it fall and make a 90* angle to your arm. I’ve tried it and it requires very little balance or muscle tension to hold it there, but it might become numb after a long time. I might try this sometime since it really is comfortable.

I either do it the way you suggested Pilot or I let my hand flop backwards where it stops at about a 45 degree angle. Last night I just did it till I felt SP setting in so I dropped it and a little later the vibrations set in. Unfortunately, my heart was pounding and I couldn’t settle down enough for anything to happen. So after an hour I rolled over and tried to fall asleep. I did it again at 4AM. Waited till I turned all tingly then dropped it but no vibrations so after 45min I rolled over and went back to sleep. The good thing about the tech is that it keeps me awake long enough to attempt WILDs.

I’ve read about that technique in Laberge’s books, but have never pulled it off. There actually are a few similar spinoffs to that technique for WILD whereby you try to consciously stay awake for as long as you possibly can.

One interesting way I’ve read to achieve WILD is to focus on an object across the room when you’re very tired. Keep focusing on it with the intention of getting up and touching it, and repeat to yourself that when you DO touch this object, you will in fact be dreaming! I think that method kinda incorporates 3 things: WILDs, OOBEs, AND Dreamsigns…kinda cool if you think about it. :eh:

Another similar technique that I think everyone has done by accident is trying to hold something in your hand at the edge of the bed (the TV remote is most popular I bet) while you fall asleep, and try to make it land on something so you can at least faintly hear it…maybe put a newspaper at the edge of the bed or something - it sounds dumb but it’s useless if you don’t hear it drop since most people will just ignore that it has fallen out of their hands. Now, try as hard as you can to keep a grasp on it, while at the same time letting your mind drift off to sleep. You can even incorporate MILD and “auto-suggestion” into the equation by repeating something like “when I hear this remote drop, I’ll slip into a dream”. Eventually you’ll drop the remote, and hear it land, which will very briefly wake you up, and hopefully trigger a dream…

Now, if these could only work for ME!!! :bored:

For those who cant do that for some reason theres a little alternative.
You can hold the bunch of keys in your hand.You lay down on your back or stomach with that hand behind the bed`s edge.When you fall asllep you will propably drop the keys on the floor making little noise.Like the tech above EVENTUALLY it may help you to stay aware.
good luck

you could try sleeping slightly akwardly on one of your arms - I was napping on the way to a math team competition like that and after I was asleep I suddenly recognised that nagging discomfort from my arm was gone, and lo, I was in a dream. :neutral: woke up right after though, I was rather suprised.

but then it would be rather annoying to sleep like that :wink: worth a few tries though

:smile: Lol…Greyfyre then you also could make a device connected to a rem sleep sensor that gives you a light form of pain…as a ld dream sign…
Pain or uncomfortableness as a dream sign. :cheesy:

Jeff

Hey, I’ve been trying this method a few times recently, and I find that my arm seams to slowly fall down as I drif toff to sleep. I can’t seam to hold it straight up while I fall asleep.

Ed.

:cool: Use some quick cement Ed :happy: Lol!

Jeff

lol: