What is the best definition of a lucid dream?

I never had a lucid dream but what is the best definition of a lucid dream?

It’s a dream in which you know you are dreaming.

Simple :smile:

Yes, I also like to keep it there.If you start to explain it with “you have control” or something, you always get misunderstood.

The only problem is that there are those “fake lucid dreams”, in which you seem to know it is a dream, but still you don´t really know it.It is weird, and I don´t think I can describe it to someone who hasn´t yet experienced such a dream.But anyway, don´t mind this, since they aren´t very common

So, I just agree.It´s not a perfect definition, but the best I can think of :smile:

Traumgänger

I have a little longer defination, still the same meaning :smile:

“A dream where the dreamer knows and understands that he/she is dreaming and everything around him/her is a part of the dream”

I think that would be a defination of high level lucid dream, dunno, maybe just lucid dream, :confused: because just “knowing” your dreaming doesn’t guarantee that you understand what does it mean etc. :smile:

I read somewhere that the best definition of lucid dreaming is a while in a dream you are perfectly aware of reality outside of the dream.

I think dead’s definition encompassess it all: the dreamer understands he/she is dreaming and is aware that nothing around him/her is real.

Traumgänger I know what you mean with the fake lucids. In the last 4 months without lucid dreams my fake lucid was uplifting but not for long :grin: . In it i was doing the things that I would do in a lucid but I really wasn’t controlling it or aware that I was dreaming despite yelling in a guys face “Hey you’re dreaming!” :wink: