Riddles part II - the chaos continues...

Vocals? :blush:

Vowels! :happy:

Hehe, yeah, sorry :smile:
In Finland we say “vokaalit” and I didn’t know the proper word in english, so I said “vocals” because it sounds right, but guess not :content:

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is… :grin:

There is aggry, it’s a word, but I’m not sure what it means. And it’s not exactly a word we use everyday. But I have a feeling there’s more to it than that. Did you mean to say that there’s three words in “The English Language?” Cause then the third word would be language. Does that make sense? Am I right?

Neo, I think you asked this riddle already in part one of this thread because I remember the answer :content:

Unless I dreamt it :eh:

oops! :red: hehe, but correct! it is launguage! :cool_laugh:

well seeing that no one else is sharing a new one, i think ill go if no one minds. okay here it is:

No legs have I to dance,
No lungs have I to breathe,
No life have I to live or die
And yet I do all three.
What am I?

Fire?

Here’s an easy one I made up.

Who can fly like a bird, leap tall buildings, and have sex with whomever they please?

Here’s my answer to Firehorses question.

:grin:    :grin:  ME  :grin:  :grin:

Cant remember if i have done this one before.

A man walks up to you and says everything i tell you is a lie. Is he lying or telling the truth?

:neutral:

No you didn’t, but m2k961 did on page 1.
I like your avatar!

its a parodox. If he says that everything he says is a lie, then “everything i tell you is a lie” is a lie, meaning he’s telling u the truth, but if he’s telling u the truth that he is lying…

Jane walked into John’s room. “Whos that?” she asked while pointing to a photo on his dreser. John replyed with " That man’s father is my fathers son" John is a only child, whos in the picture?

John’s son. :tongue:

Cheers.

Try this one:

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, “If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50.”

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he’ll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

:eh: :bored: :eek: :neutral: :confused:

It’s John’s big brothers son and John’s big brother is already grown up?

The man wrote: “you weight exaclty as much as you weight”? :bored:

Yup he wrote “your weight exactly”

Too easy… hmmm…

Hows this?

Three women walk into a store to buy a tv.

The tv cost £30 and they had £10 each so they all chipped in and bought it.

10 mins later The shop keeper felt guilty and gave £5 to his assistent to chase after them and give it to them.

The assistent stole £2 and gave £3 to the women so they all paid £9 each.

£9x£3=£27
£27=£2=£29

Where did the extrs pound go?

:bored:

The extra pound disappeared with the assistant. He took 2 pounds and gave 3 pounds back, so that’s 1 pound for each lady. The shopkeeper wanted that the ladies would share the 5 pounder equally, and because the assistant stole those 2 pounds which would have been shared equally, it mixed it up.

5/3 = 1.666666667 == 1.66 pounds for each lady and all together that includes that one missing pound. To prove it: 1.66*3 = 4.98 == 5 pounds

25+5 = 30

Dead wrote]

No, remember John is an only child. My fathers son = John, so the man’s father must be John, making the man in the picture John’s son. :tongue:

If john is only a child, how can he have children? If John is only a child, so the man in the picture have to be his bigbrothers son, because John can’t have children yet. His bigbrothers father is Johns father too so “My fathers son” is his bigbrother because John can’t have any kids, hes a kid himself :eek:

[color=red]
This topic has been locked.
You can find the next part of Riddles the chaos continues… part III here: slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=2548
[/color]